Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

The EA Sports MMA patch is available now. Post your impressions here.

Quote:
  • Reduced the range and combo speed for body hook to hook combos
  • Increased the stamina loss from failed takedown attempts
  • Stronger punches in the dominate turtle position
  • Slightly enlarged the window for denying takedowns from the clinch.
  • Added Head Arm choke to Josh Thomson’s move set
  • Fixes to the 10 Point scoring system
  • Adjustments to the camera’s in the clinch so they do not sway as much during strikes
  • Updated Fighter Records for Gesias Cavalcante, Josh Thomson, Nick Diaz, Ronaldo Souza, Tim Kennedy and Tyron Woodley
  • Fixed issue where Gamertag/Online ID for the fighters were not displaying when viewing Fight Replays
  • Resolved issues that caused occasional softlocks during online matches

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Phobia @ 12/10/10 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Ugh. This seems like Fight Night all over again. They caved in over the "button pressure." No pun intended.
Yea it sucks, because the way I look at it is this. 1) I learned play UFC 09 & 10 with buttons and was decent at the game. 2) I learned to play EA MMA with TSC and pretty decent at it.

Bottom line, there is ZERO reason why anyone without some type of disability can't learn to use the TSC. To many just want everything to come easy to them with no learning curve. So what does EA do they, cater and support this.

Just upsets me because I LOVE the game but the amount of button users now is flat out ********. Most have learned it is the only way to compete in the higher rankings.

# 22 DaveDQ @ 12/20/10 09:17 AM
For the first time on Saturday night, I faced a serious body/punch spammer. I have faced some of the top guys in ranked matches and now avoid them because of their styles, but this guy was pure spam. He used Mousassi and was just unloading on me. I didn't notice his stamina taking a big hit until a little later in the fight.

Long story short, I won by TKO. I really wanted the KO, but couldn't get it. I can see though how the fight could have gone either way. The one thing I did learn is that stamina is a two way street. If you control yours and stay alive, you will soon notice your opponent will slow down. I'm not saying I have it mastered, and I'm sure I barely won that fight, but these guys do lose stamina, it just takes time.

# 23 Phobia @ 12/20/10 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
For the first time on Saturday night, I faced a serious body/punch spammer. I have faced some of the top guys in ranked matches and now avoid them because of their styles, but this guy was pure spam. He used Mousassi and was just unloading on me. I didn't notice his stamina taking a big hit until a little later in the fight.

Long story short, I won by TKO. I really wanted the KO, but couldn't get it. I can see though how the fight could have gone either way. The one thing I did learn is that stamina is a two way street. If you control yours and stay alive, you will soon notice your opponent will slow down. I'm not saying I have it mastered, and I'm sure I barely won that fight, but these guys do lose stamina, it just takes time.
So what you are telling me is you pulled a Anderson Silva and ran in circles for 4 rounds

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.