Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

So Josh Looman and I looked into this a bit this morning and I thought I'd post back some results.

Good News: It's very easy enough to 'unlock' the screen to allow someone to edit everything about their players in Franchise mode. Took like 10 minutes to do.

Bad News: Unfortunately, there are about a million things that can go wrong with this unlocked. Now I realize what you all will use this feature for which is to fine-tune progression and try and get extremely realistic stats, but here are just a few of the things that came up when we messed around with it:
  • There are countless "cheesing" things that the user can do like dropping your player ratings right before the off-season, signing him to the cheapest deal possible, and then setting him back.
  • Your save file can easily be rendered non-functional if you change enough CPU team's player's ratings where they can't re-sign any players. At this point the mode typically crashes or hangs and won't be recoverable from.
  • We also don't display that potential rating in the edit player screen now, and if you were to edit the actual player's overall rating to be higher than his potential rating, the game has a chance of crashing in many different spots. We'd have to add it in and always force it to be higher than the OVR I guess.
So I need help from you all...

Please comment and be specific about what exactly you NEED to edit. What is your overall specific intent with wanting to edit these players? Are there certain time frames we can lock it to? Are there certain specific changes you could only be allowed to make instead of full league-wide control? By reducing the amount of variables we can look into finding ways to make this happen. Unfortunately allowing the user to set every player in the league anytime from a 0 to a 99 is not going to be an option because of all the instability it will cause...and we just don't have the testing man-power to ensure that the mode won't start crashing all over the place.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 michapop9 @ 12/10/10 04:55 PM
this thread is asking for suggestions on how to implement and to what extent we could edit the ratings; through the use of a specific code, having the option to turn it on or off, etc. So I dont understand these people (in the minority) that come on here and say, "I have no interest in this ability." Thats great, your not contributing to the thread, if you dont like it or are not interested in it, DONT USE IT!!!! (If we do actually get the ability) yes peoples two cents should always be welcome, but understand the purpose of the thread.

# 142 spdawesome @ 12/10/10 06:23 PM
If you do nothing else, please allow the ability to completely customize an incoming draft class, imported from NCCA Football.

# 143 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/11/10 02:31 PM
Let us do what we want. You made the game. We paid for the game so let us do what we want with it. There should be no reason why we shouldn't be able to create a league all to our own. If someone wanted to change TBrady's rating to a 50 overall we should be able to do that.

Sorry to bring them up but, NBA 2k allows us to do what we want so there's a way to do this without causing any bugs or glitches.

Feel free to pass on this info to the NBA Live/Elite team as well.

# 144 illwill10 @ 12/11/10 02:56 PM
i just want to edit draft classes and i want draft to be randomized, so that will not be classes. it will be more challenging to draft.
I dont want any prospect coming over 80. The highest overall is a 82.
The ratings should be spread out. Their our alot of short qbs. it is hard to figure out who are power backs without the weights.
There a lot of 85 plus prospects coming in. there should be only around 5 total in the game.

# 145 ZoneKIller @ 12/13/10 04:27 PM
Is this going to be in the 1.05 patch?

# 146 michapop9 @ 12/17/10 02:32 PM
would love to hear some info on this, Im guessing with this last patch being the final one, this feature wont be included in madden 11 even tho it sounded like it might at first. Just would like to hear an update.

# 147 the_steve @ 12/17/10 04:55 PM
Why is this even a post?

Yes, give me the control to change whatever I want - you aren't my mother so stop protecting me from myself.

# 148 qupshaw @ 12/19/10 02:41 PM
I have wasted hours editing NCAAF and seeing players never import correctly. I am on the fence rather if I should even continue to buy the Madden games in the future. I am a person who doesn't spend an hour playing online. All I care about is my offline dynasties....I would love to be able to edit everything. It's my $66.55 or however much the game cost me, why can't I do what I want to do with it? Make all of these changes unavailable to online users, but open to offline use. What's it to you if I think Mike Williams is going to be a great receiver and I want him to be an A Pot rather than B or C...why is it such a secret to players potentials and overall ratings? If anyone else is like me, then you've already played a dynasty with all 32 teams, you follow football like it's no one business..you know who the top players to play with, or build a team around, etc....
but the point is, this is my fantasy...and I don't even get to enjoy playing Madden because of issues such as importing draft players. I love NBA2k11 and I play it more than I play Madden though football is my favorite of the sports...I like the freedom to control and override trades, and cpu to cpu trades. I just want options.

# 149 jbrew2411 @ 12/20/10 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
i have read alot of posts never really gave my thoughts on anything on what madden should be but i will throw a few at you i have played every madden
my first game was atari 5200 football i am a diehard nut when it comes to football. progression in my opinion should be during the year not at the end like
you currently have it.

also the potential should not be indicative of the rating limit it should be how fast they can progress because you should be able to make anyone a superstar if played enough , so when drafting A rated potential players should progress alot faster than B , THEN C. and so on.

you also need team chemestry and weekly practice that effects players overall
i also think that teams with the worst record should have more points to scout players than the better teams so that they have a greater chance of improving . the game flow is a good idea but i also want to see teams with good records play great and teams with bad records play bad.
I agree 100% with what is in bold. I hate how potential is tied to how good a player could become. It should only effect how fast the progress. The current system puts a limit on how many and who becomes a star.

# 150 DocHolliday @ 12/20/10 12:26 PM
This probably should have been in Madden like 3 years ago. That really says it all.

# 151 johnnyskoods @ 12/20/10 04:06 PM
It doesn't matter. Many of us won't be buying Madden next year because of the consistent let downs that the past four years have brought.

Why doesn't EA just do what we all know the want to and turn Madden '12 into Madden Motion Arcade.

# 152 RedZoneD25 @ 12/20/10 04:45 PM
I'm willing to see M12 through, considering this is the most they have actively supported and entertained the idea of re-hauling franchise mode.

# 153 ABR173rd @ 12/20/10 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
I'm willing to see M12 through, considering this is the most they have actively supported and entertained the idea of re-hauling franchise mode.
I agree, the support for the game this years seems to be moving in the right direction.
As far as editing goes, I think its long over due as long as we can edit potential as well. You could also bring back training camp or have a reward system were if a player wins MVP you can run him through a certain amount of drills in the off season to gain progression points. These rewards could be for a variety of things like player awards, pro bowl nominations, winning the Super Bowl and the cpu should get bonuses towards their players for attaining the same goals. I also think rookies should have the opportunity to progress during preseason games but it should be rookies only and the max number of progression points should be capped as well. That would add a little incentive to playing preseason games.

And please allow use to change teams during Franchise mode this year like in NCAA it adds so much more longevity to franchise.

# 154 tqt08 @ 12/30/10 12:46 AM
I've wanted the ability to edit player ratings during a franchise season for many years now. I've wasted countless days trying to perfect my NCAA draft classes but now I just don't have the time to do this. I'd love to have the ability to edit the incoming draft class.

Ian mentioned that he is working on giving us the ability to edit ratings. Was that for next years Madden???

# 155 mm boost @ 01/04/11 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
also the potential should not be indicative of the rating limit it should be how fast they can progress because you should be able to make anyone a superstar if played enough , so when drafting A rated potential players should progress alot faster than B , THEN C. and so on.
bingo, Ian please listen to this. This is absolutely 110% perfect way to implement potential.

# 156 Jarodd21 @ 01/10/11 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
bingo, Ian please listen to this. This is absolutely 110% perfect way to implement potential.
I agree with this too.. I hope Ian really considers this for real.. Thats how potential should be evaluated.

But I agree with most people.. You should be able to do what you want with your offline franchise.. You should be able to mess with the attributes right before preseason starts.. It sucks when you start you franchise during the NFL season and there's players that come up out of no where but they wasn't any good at the start of the season and they turned out to be very good players and you can't do nothing with there attributes and there potential is C so there not going to make too much progress over there years. You hate to start you franchise all the way over especially when your like in year 3 or 4 already. So hopefully there is a change for this on 12..

# 157 JDoze @ 01/10/11 05:39 PM
The thing about editing rosters is.....after the first season, your edits will be useless because the incoming rookies will be using the same formula that the game started with. So unless you are willing to edit rookies every year of your franchise, why even bother?
And why are people so hung up on adding sleeves or colored chinstraps when there are so many other areas to improve on?? I'd like to see things that affect the game. Like:
Better D-line/O-line interaction where its possible to step up in the pocket and not just anyone can be an offensive lineman.
D-backs not running the route before the WR does.
QBs missing a little more throws.
On a good note though. I really like the improved running game this year and it looks like things are going in the right direction. Thanks for coming by and getting our opinions Ian.

# 158 thekodinator @ 01/10/11 11:17 PM
no. no. no. I do NOT want ratings in franchise mode able to be changed.

# 159 moylan1234 @ 01/10/11 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
no. no. no. I do NOT want ratings in franchise mode able to be changed.
why? we're not talking online here if someone wants to change the ratings in their own offline franchise how does that affect you?

# 160 metovics8 @ 01/11/11 03:11 AM
take every option from madden 08:
owner mode
relocation (how we were able to relocate and NFL and keep their actual logo)
training camp
rebuild stadium w/o having to relocate
edit players appearance (hair, body size, etc)
if we choose to select all 32 teams in offline franchise, make it so we can select USER o CPU offseason activities for each individual team, not just same options for every team
coaches bring their playbooks over to new teams (i got rid of singletary and chose rob ryan HC and my playbooks are singletarys)

Just go through madden 08s franchise menus and options and implement them into Madden 12 with improvements in gameplay and this would be a complete game...... granted gameplay wont be 100% perfect every year but these other things can be

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.