Home
NBA JAM News Post

Let me preface this review with the following: outside of updated HD graphics, the control schemes and online multiplayer, Jam Wii and Jam HD are identical games. Because of this I will be spending my time with this review discussing Jam HD's control scheme and online functionality. If you want a more in-depth look at the game, please read my Wii review.

A few weeks back I posted my review of NBA Jam for the Nintendo Wii. While the gameplay, motion controls, Career mode and Remix Tour were all outstanding additions to the franchise, there was one key feature holding the game back from true greatness: online multiplayer.

Since I first began playing Jam Wii, I've been eagerly anticipating the release of Jam HD. When I finally got my hands on my copy, you can only imagine my excitement: I felt like it was 1993 all over again and I was tearing down the street on my Huffy White Heat bike to the local arcade.

So is Jam HD all it's cracked up to be, or does it feel like a shameless cash grab?

Read More - EA Sports NBA Jam HD Review

Game: EA Sports NBA JAMReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPad / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
EA Sports NBA JAM Videos
Member Comments
# 1 VUUAASSHHH! @ 11/24/10 10:41 AM
I wanted this game for PS3, but EA invented that thing related to VIP pass. For example, from now on any pre-played game you purchase from EA Games / EA Sports, you`ll need a VIP pass if you wish to play online.
Because of that if you don`t like the game, you have to sell it for the half of the price because buyer will need to pay extra to get VIP pass.
Too bad Midway gave EA the rights to remake an excellent retro game. I wished 2K could have picked it and put it in 2K11. Overall, game is awesome and funny.
For this console generation I noticed that the game companies that try to make an actual game look old-school style are being more successful than trying to make something completely new; look at MK9, NBA Jam, new DK, SMBWii, etc...

# 2 Bumble14 @ 11/24/10 10:50 AM
VU-

Jam does not include the Online pass. This means that if you pick it up used you do not need to pay extra for the online modes. Hope this helps!

# 3 vln13 @ 11/24/10 11:40 AM
Ya, there is NO online pass! You can sell it for full price! This is because it was going to be in with Elite and then changed, so they figured they couldn't change the perception of cost.

# 4 vln13 @ 11/24/10 11:42 AM
I wouldn't put so much weight on the turbo button issue when it comes to your best games of 2010.

# 5 jyoung @ 11/24/10 12:52 PM
I was hoping some place would have this on sale during the holidays, but so far, it looks like only the Wii version is on sale.

Might have to bight on the full price since the used market doesn't seem to be dropping.

# 6 VUUAASSHHH! @ 11/24/10 07:57 PM
That`s a good sign on the VIP pass thing. I believe that happened because of Elite 11 launch failure and EA did not have enough time to change the game code and embed VIP pass (kidding).
Well I am going to buy the game then, for PS3.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.