Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

NBA 2K11 patch v1.2 is available for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Just in case you missed them last night, here are the patch details.

Note - THIS PATCH WILL WORK WITH YOUR PRE-EXISTING ASSOCIATION OR SEASON.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ocat @ 11/24/10 05:20 AM

NBA 2K11 patch v1.2 is available for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Just in case you missed them last night, here are the patch details.

Note - THIS PATCH WILL WORK WITH YOUR PRE-EXISTING ASSOCIATION OR SEASON.

# 2 stizz @ 11/24/10 05:51 AM
Maybe due to the 360 version already having some of the updates like high bank shots being fixed. Here's a pic of the cav's court for those that are interested.

# 3 RubenDouglas @ 11/24/10 06:15 AM
I'm more of a "whats missing" type of observer right now:

-Custom soundtrack TIPOFF tracks still only play for 5 seconds
-CPU still only seems to call 20 second timeouts for me or the cpu team EDIT: two games later and 6 timeouts called, I see a CPU full timeout!. FIXED!
-CPU fastbreaks are still more effective than the user. Fastbreak seems totally the same

Positives:
-Way more contact around the basket. It seems like a positive.
-with contact comes fouls. I like it
-Not every attempted charge is a foul call. I love the no calls

we shall see what else i can discover

# 4 CujoMatty @ 11/24/10 06:16 AM
Wow the best just got better baby!! turnovers are way down. I still had some turnovers but they seem way more appropriate and I don't have to pass using the icons so much which is awesome. Boxing out finally works properly and I actually drew a charge nice!!! Only problem is my sliders are now broken. I guess that was bound to happen. Haven't tried my player yet and I really hope they fixed the terrible CPU shooting in that mode. Didn't see it mentioned so I'm a little worried.

# 5 lilblunt66 @ 11/24/10 06:34 AM
In myplayer mode the cpu is calling plays and you can see the play diagram on the court now. I'm playing as a SG. Also there is more contact in the paint now causing my shots to get changed and more foul calls. Cpu teammates aren't running down the clock and jacking up 3's anymore. Good patch so far.

# 6 CujoMatty @ 11/24/10 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblunt66
In myplayer mode the cpu is calling plays and you can see the play diagram on the court now. I'm playing as a SG. Also there is more contact in the paint now causing my shots to get changed and more foul calls. Cpu teammates aren't running down the clock and jacking up 3's anymore. Good patch so far.
That is fantastic news

# 7 S. Famous @ 11/24/10 07:28 AM
Obviously it will take a little more time to see how much things have changed but my early impressions on the patch are really good. Just played a game between the Cavs and Pacers on Simulation sliders.

The shooting sliders seem like they're still a little low. Both teams shot around 30%. I did see an increase in fouls but those might still be slightly low as well. They were good fouls too where you would expect one to be called and not the result of getting sucked into contact shot animations. I also tried taking a charge which I never did before because the offensive player used to stop on a dime like he had no momentum. Instead of just shooting over me he barreled into me. Call didn't go my way though.

My teammates actually got back on defense after a missed shot. Conversely, I had more fast break opportunities and it didn't feel like every player on the other team had teleported to the other side of the court. I saw a bounce pass other than the ones where you would pass into the post. I tried passing it to a cutter along the baseline through a couple of defenders and it was stolen but at least it was the right kind of pass for that situation. There's still some bumping but only when I didn't get enough separation before attempting to go by a defender.

I also saw the timeout prompt for the first time where you get to choose between a :20 and a full TO. I think that probably was only on PS3. NBA Today is working now and shows correct scores and stats. I don't think Player Progression will work until the next roster update but at least now you can see the player's current ratings instead of N/A.

Well done, 2k. Can't wait to start my association.

# 8 Intelx @ 11/24/10 08:06 AM
Downloading now.

Intelx

# 9 w1rri0r @ 11/24/10 08:17 AM
Just used the default roster and played a half of Knicks (me) vs Bobcats...A LOT less dunks. The contact animation were good and all fouls looked legit. The NBA Today feature is working well so that added to the experience. Now I am going to test out my own roster with Nets v Celtics (CPU v CPU) and will post results for that.

# 10 DakkoN @ 11/24/10 08:17 AM
My player is unplayable now. They ONLY run plays and will just stand there dribbling the ball in a spot until you get to your spot (they NEVER freestyle) and since your overall is so low, they NEVER run plays for you. I'm lucky to get 3 shots a game now. They won't even take the picks that you set for the ball handler because they are so insistent on running the play. I stand right beside their defender and set a pick and he just sets there dribbling. My player went from a very fun mode to pretty much unplayable for me.

# 11 stefancourt @ 11/24/10 08:19 AM
What a patch. Makes it feel like a new game. Playing on all star sim as the spurs against the suns. Seeing duncan, blair etc box out makes me happier than it should do. Driving to the paint is more realistic and I had a lovely pick and roll with parker and duncan which I had never seen before. Oh and I had Duncan in the paint against Hill, Duncan made the 2 with minimal effort as there was hardly any contact, unlike before. Top stuff!

# 12 sniperhare @ 11/24/10 08:25 AM
I like the change to the jump height by the big men, and the Association changes are welcome.

Just wish they had let us further customize My Player, I want to start with a guy that's rated like the other rookies.

But that can be an improvement in 2K12.

# 13 Mos1ted @ 11/24/10 08:29 AM
In the middle of the 1st quarter of the Bucks-Cavaliers NBA Today game. The court has indeed been fixed.

Some quick impressions:

- Boxing out!! Yes!! It's present and makes rebounding that much less frustrating. I haven't seen any CPU plays magically sky over to steal a rebound from me yet that they were not in position for.

- Passing is way better and less frustrating as well. My passes are definitely going to my intended targets now when I directional pass. It makes throwing turnovers much easier to swallow now because you can't blame it on the pass going to an unintended target.

- Jumpshooting is a lil more refined. I've taking a few step backs with Booby Gibson...nothing but net! (Playing on All-Star sim)

- There's still bumping on man defense which I can live with at this point. I haven't had any mismatches on the perimeter yet to exploit to see what degree this was eliminated in those situations. It's something I'll look out for as I progress through the game.

- I noticed that the verticals have been fixed as well. Anderson Varejo is barely getting off the floor during block attempts. That should tame some of the 18+ blocks of game I've been getting. I like the feat, but it was a bit unrealistic to be able to do that consistently.

More impressions to follow...

# 14 supermati @ 11/24/10 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
My player is unplayable now. They ONLY run plays and will just stand there dribbling the ball in a spot until you get to your spot (they NEVER freestyle) and since your overall is so low, they NEVER run plays for you. I'm lucky to get 3 shots a game now. They won't even take the picks that you set for the ball handler because they are so insistent on running the play. I stand right beside their defender and set a pick and he just sets there dribbling. My player went from a very fun mode to pretty much unplayable for me.
What settings do you have for the "Run Plays" Slider in the Coach and Playbook menus?

# 15 DakkoN @ 11/24/10 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati
What settings do you have for the "Run Plays" Slider in the Coach and Playbook menus?
Whatever the default is. You can't change that in My Player.

# 16 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 08:37 AM
Just a few things left out from my 3 games this morning. 20 second time display isn't showing. A few others I can't remember right now. NO MORE SPIN DUNK!! You have to be smart about when you use it. I can't wait to play a few online games. I a lot of those pass out of shots don't work with non-elite passers. I saw a friend of mine that threw severally passes out of bounds. A lot of things to like this morning. I love it!! Best Basketball game of all time.

Even music is playing Custom random!!

# 17 weylum @ 11/24/10 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Uh oh, thanks for the heads up.

Luckily I am a point guard, but also one for Miami who often has LBJ or Wade bringing the rock up court. So that could be trouble.

What position are you playing?

# 18 Mikelopedia @ 11/24/10 08:40 AM
I play online and im loving watching the cheesers get frustrated and quit because their full court passes and dunk fests are no more. I love that there is absolutely ZERO lag for free throws and jumpshots. However i feel like im missing too many wide open mid range shots with perfect releases. But that is better than EVERY single decent release mid range shot being automatic no matter the defense.

Those wide open misses and the fact that its absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to get an offensive rebound now are the only negatives.

I feel like there is greater reward to playing great defense now. Less "thats bullsh*t" moments so far. And thats cool they fixed the Cavs court didnt expect that, or the socks.

# 19 Da_Czar @ 11/24/10 08:45 AM
Only played a half so far but the lowered bumping on drive for the cpu is nice so far.

CP3(cpu) is lighting billups (me) up. Now when Chris attacks and we make contact I can back off the contact and in most instances because of that mismatch need to or he can turn the corner.. When I do that he steps back and pops the shot... Basically I have a healthy respect for his ability to blow past me on the dribble. Yet when I do play off him and beat him to the angle h doesn't just blow past me.

So its very early but so far it seems like a great balance for the cpu. Game feels really really good to me more open and yet more structured at the same time. LOVING it but again its just a half.

# 20 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 08:46 AM
The one thing I notice in my one game vs the CPU. Was when I dropped the CPU in the open court. He reached for the steal. I went behind the back and drove in for the layup. It perfect!!!

Just a few things left out from my 3 games this morning. 20 second time display isn't showing. A few others I can't remember right now. NO MORE SPIN DUNK!! You have to be smart about when you use it. I can't wait to play a few online games. I a lot of those pass out of shots don't work with non-elite passers. I saw a friend of mine that threw severally passes out of bounds. A lot of things to like this morning. I love it!! Best Basketball game of all time.

Even music is playing Custom random!!

I got 3 games in this morning one vs a human. And all we did was try doing the spin dunk over and over and over again. Charges actually work in the lane (not like 2k9 & 10 all over the court).

« Previous1234567893233Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.