Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

NBA 2K11 patch v1.2 is available for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Just in case you missed them last night, here are the patch details.

Note - THIS PATCH WILL WORK WITH YOUR PRE-EXISTING ASSOCIATION OR SEASON.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Mintsa @ 11/24/10 08:55 AM
Anyone notice any jersey corrections ????

# 22 Cod @ 11/24/10 08:57 AM
Everything seems to work great; however, I feel like everytime I make a post move the ball gets stripped on the way up. At first I had no problems with it since I was posting up a guard; however, it happened again (twice) later on when I was matching up with a big man. Maybe the "ball security" rating actually plays a role now.

# 23 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 08:58 AM
Lets not change ball security silder so quickly lol

# 24 BroMontana82 @ 11/24/10 08:59 AM
how is the offensive rebounding now? more balanced and realistic?

# 25 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Anyone notice any jersey corrections ????
I forgot to check that.. I know the Dallas road secoundary had a problem with the numbers being too high.

# 26 Noles4ever @ 11/24/10 09:01 AM
Is this the patch that was talked about yesterday at 4 pm?

# 27 kpax1º1 @ 11/24/10 09:01 AM
Looks like the high bank lay ups are gone.

# 28 insideoutside15 @ 11/24/10 09:04 AM
Just simmed through 2015 in Association. The coach firings have indeed been fixed, but I noticed in the second season there were still only four trades the entire year, plus none in the following draft. It did go back to normal afterwards, so it seems like an isolated incident. I actually forgot to check for the home/away record splits, whoops. Drafted players overall ratings as a whole have been reduced too, but there's still some absolute studs in there. The first overall pick in 2011 was an 87 overall point guard. He didn't ever really improve from there though.

The one thing that's still in Association that bothers me is free agency gets broken after a couple of years. Through the first four years everything looked okay, with the only player I'd really call a star hitting free agency being Monta Ellis. The year after that was a little too much though. There were five players rated 90 or above and another fifteen players rated 89-80. Beneath that is the usual smattering of players rated in the mid-70s wanting eight million per year. This leads to a lot of these players remaining in free agency at the start of the season, including two generated players rated at 91 overall who average 20/10.

It's certainly irritating, but it's not really a dealbreaker. I figure that if I play every single game plus playoffs I'll MAYBE get through one season by the time The Show 11 starts stealing away playing time. Onto gameplay!

# 29 TheRealTodd @ 11/24/10 09:08 AM
What I've noticed so far:

The paint is a painful place to be! I usually play with the Rockets, and with Yao and Scola I usually dominate in the paint... Not so much, I gotta re-learn some stuff... I can normally get uncontested hook shots with Yao... Not anymore, he drew the triple team as he started to shoot, and Gasol blocked it OVER the backboard... twice, I think awareness has been improved too.

Having said that, big men aren't having as much trouble with the little guys. About 2 minutes ago, I had Yao with a mismatch on Matt Barnes, he went over the top of him like Blake Griffin a couple of nights ago, I've never seen that before in this years game.

Way more contact on layups. I'm finally seeing the big dunks getting turned into tough layups/fouls with even tougher layups with them.

Rebounding looks real now! Balls are sailing over heads, because the guys don't jump so high, which are causing long rebounds, something I NEVER saw before the patch.

Custom arena music is all working perfect for PS3.

Turnovers look realistic... I didn't know if they would be able to pull off players who weren't looking at the ball being oblivious to the pass, but they are, it makes things a little easier to move the ball around, but the passing is still a lot harder than 2k10.

I think that's it... My favourite sports game ever just got better! Better go play some more

# 30 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 09:11 AM
Yea man I'm loving big man advantage over the smaller guys. I was on a fast break and Nash was in front of Richard Jefferson and he went had a contact animation that went in. It was great to see.

# 31 Mintsa @ 11/24/10 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I forgot to check that.. I know the Dallas road secoundary had a problem with the numbers being too high.
Also the Raptors jersey had the wrong logo above the name on the back of the home and away (red) jerseys. It should be a maple leaf, not a claw.

# 32 BroMontana82 @ 11/24/10 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noles4ever
Is this the patch that was talked about yesterday at 4 pm?
yeah it is

initial impressions:
-contact is a lot better
-the boxing out makes things so much more realistic and it also helps the guards get more boards if they have position
-although offensive boards seem non-existent - slider tuning TBD
-forcing the CPU to pass out of a shot or layup forces a lot of turnovers now which is realistic

# 33 Rawdeal28 @ 11/24/10 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinlew
well thanks mods lol. i was sooo tired of hearing all the complaining and bickering back and forth it was just redundant and pointless. theyre mostly like children over there. im glad im able to find a place where i can just ask for advice and not be called an idiot 20 times before i get any help haha.

how would i know if its corrupted?? would i know just from not being able to use him post patch?
i agree, that place is horrible.

and welcome to OS. i think u will like it here. just stay out da Madden Forums from July till October. lol

alright just played a quick game to get the feel of things. Bucks at my Lakers. default Sim (with a few tweaks) All Star.

custom music works wonderfully! thank god. lol

still no Walk up animations for those wondering.

no more sky high rebounds. Bigs jump at the correct height. YaY!

cpu offense was ran much better. role players were not jacking up 3's just because they were wide open. in fact, on one play Maggete was wide open at the 3 point line but instead drove hard to the hoop and got the foul.

although it is toned down, u will still see the cpu throw a full court pass to a guy streaking down court. i play on Broadcast cam so i cant even see this dude on screen so its a easy 2 points for them. gotta lower that Pass Accuracy slider.

SHOT STICK TIMING feels better.

for us ps3 folks, you can now SEE your choice of whether u want to call a 20 or full timeout.

saw some new animations when controlling a Big inside and shooting over a shorter defender.

overall, game feels great! i will be starting my Franchise today!!!!!

# 34 J-Unit40 @ 11/24/10 09:26 AM
1. CPU seems to be a tad bit more turnover prone without me playing out of control and going for the ball like crazy. Very good to see (on Pro). Led to some nice fast breaks for the Clippers. Send it in Blake!!

2. Contact animations are more prevalent and pretty well done from what I can see so far

3. Nice to see the Cavs' court fixed. Nice!

4. Trajectory is improved on baseline shots that don't doink off of the side of the backboard. Witnessed this on two different occasions with Blake and with Varejo.

**Why is that orange cursor still on the replay. I hate that thing. We should have the option to click off of it and make it disappear like in previous years (post patch).

Outside of that. One helluva hoops game!!

# 35 Chef Matt @ 11/24/10 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinlew
this is my first post on this forum but ive looked through the overall feel and vibe of the users and it seems that yall are waaaaaayyy more respective of one another than on the 2ksports forum.
Congrats and welcome. Stay cool about your opinions and level headed and you'll enjoy your experience over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey4mvp
Been trying to download the PS3 patch but my PS3 just keeps beeping and then nothing, it only does it when i go into the game and select to downloaxd the patch.

Any ideas anyone?
Did you get it to work? Any blinking colored lights, or anything other then beeps? How many beeps are you hearing?

A ton of mixed reactions to the new patch this morning. It looks overall positive though, so tha's good. I can see where the playcall thing in My Player would annoy. Luckily for me I need the cpu to call the plays or else I'd be lost! LMAO

Although if I didn't get the ball much I'd be bummed out. We'll see though.

# 36 erickonasis @ 11/24/10 09:38 AM
oh man i think im going to start my association over again then all the good things im hearing. and i am 75 games into the season. THANK YOU 2K... Darn shame im at work right now urrgh

# 37 sLg00 @ 11/24/10 09:39 AM
hey. i was wondering whether it is necessary to restart an Association for the fixes to apply? Has anyone tested this?

Thanks!

# 38 OG_McNabb @ 11/24/10 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insideoutside15
Just simmed through 2015 in Association. The coach firings have indeed been fixed, but I noticed in the second season there were still only four trades the entire year, plus none in the following draft. It did go back to normal afterwards, so it seems like an isolated incident. I actually forgot to check for the home/away record splits, whoops. Drafted players overall ratings as a whole have been reduced too, but there's still some absolute studs in there. The first overall pick in 2011 was an 87 overall point guard. He didn't ever really improve from there though.

The one thing that's still in Association that bothers me is free agency gets broken after a couple of years. Through the first four years everything looked okay, with the only player I'd really call a star hitting free agency being Monta Ellis. The year after that was a little too much though. There were five players rated 90 or above and another fifteen players rated 89-80. Beneath that is the usual smattering of players rated in the mid-70s wanting eight million per year. This leads to a lot of these players remaining in free agency at the start of the season, including two generated players rated at 91 overall who average 20/10.

It's certainly irritating, but it's not really a dealbreaker. I figure that if I play every single game plus playoffs I'll MAYBE get through one season by the time The Show 11 starts stealing away playing time. Onto gameplay!
This is what I'm waiting to read more about (Association fixes).

# 39 nry20 @ 11/24/10 09:51 AM
My initial impression is that I've wasted a lot of time on myplayer;

My experience with my pointguard (72 overall);
Last night I was in the rookie game, followed by the all star game, avged 38 points, 9 assists, 3 steals through those games. Log on to xbox live this morning, patch and.. Through 2 games against teams my team was 2-0 against I avged 16 pts, 4 assists, 1 steal. That's a huge down, the automatic play calling is brutal, when I get 10 pts in the first quarter (trying to draw a dbl team for easier assists) they automatically move me to SG. In order to receive the ball as SG I must do the play that is being called, which means 60% of the time I don't get the ball, even with the highest PPG and FG% in the nba on his myplayer.
As my guy is 5'7" with capped quickness and speed, a long with capped hands, most of his points rely on the fast break. Taking ~5 seconds to go from rack to rack it used to be basically only mildly contested dunk. Now they don't even try to pass it to me; absolutely horrible. I can't imagine a situation where someone who can beat everyone upcourt wouldn't get the ball on 90% of fast breaks. I got 2 fastbreak buckets between the 2 games, compared to averaging 13 per game prior.

My experience with my SF (92 overall);
Absolutely horrible. Went from about 50 points per game (45-60ish, depending on who playing) to about 28-32. The shots that the play calling was giving me were reading as "Bad Shot Selection" from mid range, even with capped mid ranged shooting skills. I was shooting 74% with ~50 pts a game with mostly jumpers, after this patch it looks like I'll be shooting 45% with 30 pts a game.

In general I'd love to see the automatic play calling go, it's just aweful. Beyond that the contested dunks are awesome. My 7' SF with 99 vertical (and capped off/def rebounding) is actually grabbing more rebounds than millsap (my sf is on the jazz) which makes a lot more sense to me. The rest of the changes seemed great.

So in short, if you don't want to read all of that, the major issues I have with this that are going to make me not play this game very seriously until fixed are;
Fast Break AI (If my guy is the only person down there why wouldn't he get a pass with 99 hands? This makes no sense to me. I can't call for the ball everytime (even though I catch it when I do) because once in awhile they actually do throw it down and for some dumb reason my guy quick-passes when they do if I'm trying to call for the pass)
Automatic play call; speaks for itself in how silly and pointless it is in myplayer. What's the point of telling people their basketball IQ if they don't need to have any basketball IQ to play the game anymore? Icing out key-players and key-playmakers because of their rating is terrible. If one player is shooting 70+% for the season there's no reason to throw the ball to someone who is shooting 20% and only making shots off of offensive rebonds.

# 40 tcnumba10 @ 11/24/10 09:54 AM
Questions:

Does anyone notice that the CPU use a variety of plays in their playbook when playing against them instead of using the same 1-2 playbook plays?

How is shot selection by the cpu on offense? Do they still jack up random outside/mid-range shots on a fastbreak resulting in a high FGA by the team overall when playing 12min/quarter?

Is there more randomization in the offense for the opposing cpu team and are role players getting more shots up instead of star players jacking up 25-30 FGA?

When starting a new Association, do teams still reset their rotations or do they use the same rotations (minutes) before you enter a new association?

Is cpu substitution more logical? Does the CPU effectively utilize players with their 2ndary positions?

I know it's alot of questions but if someone would kindly answer them that would be great . Still waiting here for the PC patch :P

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.