Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

NBA 2K11 patch v1.2 is available for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Just in case you missed them last night, here are the patch details.

Note - THIS PATCH WILL WORK WITH YOUR PRE-EXISTING ASSOCIATION OR SEASON.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 petz_e @ 11/24/10 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLg00
hey. i was wondering whether it is necessary to restart an Association for the fixes to apply? Has anyone tested this?

Thanks!
I really wanna know this too! Do we have to restart our association?

# 42 CRIP4LIFE @ 11/24/10 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nry20
My initial impression is that I've wasted a lot of time on myplayer;

My experience with my pointguard (72 overall);
Last night I was in the rookie game, followed by the all star game, avged 38 points, 9 assists, 3 steals through those games. Log on to xbox live this morning, patch and.. Through 2 games against teams my team was 2-0 against I avged 16 pts, 4 assists, 1 steal. That's a huge down, the automatic play calling is brutal, when I get 10 pts in the first quarter (trying to draw a dbl team for easier assists) they automatically move me to SG. In order to receive the ball as SG I must do the play that is being called, which means 60% of the time I don't get the ball, even with the highest PPG and FG% in the nba on his myplayer.
As my guy is 5'7" with capped quickness and speed, a long with capped hands, most of his points rely on the fast break. Taking ~5 seconds to go from rack to rack it used to be basically only mildly contested dunk. Now they don't even try to pass it to me; absolutely horrible. I can't imagine a situation where someone who can beat everyone upcourt wouldn't get the ball on 90% of fast breaks. I got 2 fastbreak buckets between the 2 games, compared to averaging 13 per game prior.

My experience with my SF (92 overall);
Absolutely horrible. Went from about 50 points per game (45-60ish, depending on who playing) to about 28-32. The shots that the play calling was giving me were reading as "Bad Shot Selection" from mid range, even with capped mid ranged shooting skills. I was shooting 74% with ~50 pts a game with mostly jumpers, after this patch it looks like I'll be shooting 45% with 30 pts a game.

In general I'd love to see the automatic play calling go, it's just aweful. Beyond that the contested dunks are awesome. My 7' SF with 99 vertical (and capped off/def rebounding) is actually grabbing more rebounds than millsap (my sf is on the jazz) which makes a lot more sense to me. The rest of the changes seemed great.

So in short, if you don't want to read all of that, the major issues I have with this that are going to make me not play this game very seriously until fixed are;
Fast Break AI (If my guy is the only person down there why wouldn't he get a pass with 99 hands? This makes no sense to me. I can't call for the ball everytime (even though I catch it when I do) because once in awhile they actually do throw it down and for some dumb reason my guy quick-passes when they do if I'm trying to call for the pass)
Automatic play call; speaks for itself in how silly and pointless it is in myplayer. What's the point of telling people their basketball IQ if they don't need to have any basketball IQ to play the game anymore? Icing out key-players and key-playmakers because of their rating is terrible. If one player is shooting 70+% for the season there's no reason to throw the ball to someone who is shooting 20% and only making shots off of offensive rebonds.
you should try nba jam. that game may be more suited to your tastes.

# 43 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 10:17 AM
Before I left home I tried the spin dunk with Manu and Richard Jefferson severally times. And it only worked once with Jefferson.

I wonder if the hop-step has gone through any changes. I can't wait to see some of my online opponents faces!! lol

# 44 BroMontana82 @ 11/24/10 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Before I left home I tried the spin dunk with Manu and Richard Jefferson severally times. And it only worked once with Jefferson.

I wonder if the hop-step has gone through any changes. I can't wait to see some of my online opponents faces!! lol
it has offline at least. jameer nelson did a hop step right above the circle and big baby went to take the charge. it branched into non-call contact animation and then nelson went for a hook shot instead and KG came over for help D and fouled nelson. pretty nice.

and no, you usually don't have to re-start. changes should pick up where things are left off like draft class potential.

# 45 Hassan Darkside @ 11/24/10 10:19 AM
Quote:

Last night I was in the rookie game, followed by the all star game, avged 38 points, 9 assists, 3 steals through those games. Log on to xbox live this morning, patch and.. Through 2 games against teams my team was 2-0 against I avged 16 pts, 4 assists, 1 steal. That's a huge down, the automatic play calling is brutal, when I get 10 pts in the first quarter (trying to draw a dbl team for easier assists) they automatically move me to SG. In order to receive the ball as SG I must do the play that is being called, which means 60% of the time I don't get the ball, even with the highest PPG and FG% in the nba on his myplayer.
As my guy is 5'7" with capped quickness and speed, a long with capped hands, most of his points rely on the fast break. Taking ~5 seconds to go from rack to rack it used to be basically only mildly contested dunk. Now they don't even try to pass it to me; absolutely horrible. I can't imagine a situation where someone who can beat everyone upcourt wouldn't get the ball on 90% of fast breaks. I got 2 fastbreak buckets between the 2 games, compared to averaging 13 per game prior.

Absolutely horrible. Went from about 50 points per game (45-60ish, depending on who playing) to about 28-32. The shots that the play calling was giving me were reading as "Bad Shot Selection" from mid range, even with capped mid ranged shooting skills. I was shooting 74% with ~50 pts a game with mostly jumpers, after this patch it looks like I'll be shooting 45% with 30 pts a game.

In general I'd love to see the automatic play calling go, it's just aweful. Beyond that the contested dunks are awesome. My 7' SF with 99 vertical (and capped off/def rebounding) is actually grabbing more rebounds than millsap (my sf is on the jazz) which makes a lot more sense to me. The rest of the changes seemed great.

So in short, if you don't want to read all of that, the major issues I have with this that are going to make me not play this game very seriously until fixed are;
Fast Break AI (If my guy is the only person down there why wouldn't he get a pass with 99 hands? This makes no sense to me. I can't call for the ball everytime (even though I catch it when I do) because once in awhile they actually do throw it down and for some dumb reason my guy quick-passes when they do if I'm trying to call for the pass)
Automatic play call; speaks for itself in how silly and pointless it is in myplayer. What's the point of telling people their basketball IQ if they don't need to have any basketball IQ to play the game anymore? Icing out key-players and key-playmakers because of their rating is terrible. If one player is shooting 70+% for the season there's no reason to throw the ball to someone who is shooting 20% and only making shots off of offensive rebonds.
This is just terrible.

# 46 Mos1ted @ 11/24/10 10:22 AM
I had my first quitter online just now!! It was soooo satisfying!! I had the Washington Wizards and he ran with the Boston Celtics. He was being too one dimensional trying to score everything with Ray Allen. He got so frustrated since he wasn't scoring consistently that he just tried forcing passes all game.....EASY TURNOVERS and FAST BREAK OPPORTUNITIES for John Wall and the gang. He eventually quit once I was up by 13. And I gave him negative feedback in the process LOL

The previous online game I had the Magic going against the Lakers. Once again, another one dimensional user. In fact, I held Kobe scoreless halfway through the third. All but two players on my team scored while only 4 players on his team scored the entire game. That was a satisfying win as well.

I love how you just can't force the drive inside anymore online. These cheesers going to have to work on their jumpshooting now MUAHAHAHAHAHA

# 47 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMontana82
it has offline at least. jameer nelson did a hop step right above the circle and big baby went to take the charge. it branched into non-call contact animation and then nelson went for a hook shot instead and KG came over for help D and fouled nelson. pretty nice.

and no, you usually don't have to re-start. changes should pick up where things are left off like draft class potential.
AWESOME!!

I didn't try to get many charges attempts in the lane.

# 48 Bootzilla @ 11/24/10 10:25 AM
Wow. I'm super impressed.

Fast breaks now exist. And they are done extremely well. No cpu speed cheat. 4 players aren't magically back after every turnover.

The post game is beautiful.

Passing is fair and balanced.

Rebounding is better.

The cpu makes you work defensively. More drive and kick.

Before this patch I was semi-critical of the game mainly because I saw how perfect it could be. This patch (game play wise) has made this THE BEST SPORTS VIDEO GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED.

# 49 kongemeier @ 11/24/10 10:27 AM
Quote:

Sorry, but reading your post makes me think that I actually WANT to play My Player now after the patch! Finally I can start out as a role player and do all the small things and eventually grow into a super star... and still win games because my teams runs plays for my AI teammates!

1 hour left before I get off of work... Can't wait!!!

# 50 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 10:28 AM
I really loved in my few games how much the CPU reached for the ball though. Its a huge change. Its not the well timed steal anymore. It almost may I dare to say "human like" steal attempts.

# 51 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 10:31 AM
I called 2 timeouts in my few games. I don't remember seeing the 20 second timeout display.... Anyone see it?

# 52 tcnumba10 @ 11/24/10 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Questions:

Does anyone notice that the CPU use a variety of plays in their playbook when playing against them instead of using the same 1-2 playbook plays?

How is shot selection by the cpu on offense? Do they still jack up random outside/mid-range shots on a fastbreak resulting in a high FGA by the team overall when playing 12min/quarter?

Is there more randomization in the offense for the opposing cpu team and are role players getting more shots up instead of star players jacking up 25-30 FGA?

When starting a new Association, do teams still reset their rotations or do they use the same rotations (minutes) before you enter a new association?

Is cpu substitution more logical? Does the CPU effectively utilize players with their 2ndary positions?

I know it's alot of questions but if someone would kindly answer them that would be great . Still waiting here for the PC patch :P
Anyone please?

# 53 BroMontana82 @ 11/24/10 10:33 AM
example of better rebounding and distribution:

in the 4th quarter of a game i'm playing right now offline
nate: 3
ray: 6
pierce: 7
KG: 6
baby: 3
west: 3
shaq: 7
daniels: 4

# 54 Eman5805 @ 11/24/10 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpax1º1
Looks like the high bank lay ups are gone.
Having witnessed a particular layup that ALWAYS got the ridiculously high banks go in near the middle of the square, I can say with confidence that, yes (YES!), those are a thing of the past. I've noticed a few other occurrences that weren't mentioned.

I'm not sure, but I think I saw the CPU try to send players to the scorer's table to check in before getting substituted, but I'm not sure. They were standing around walking back and forth before they stepped on the court. I'm not sure now...

Edit: And since I'm playing My Player with the Rockets, I'd always notice how Yao would jump ridiculously high to grab every rebound. Now he's barely clearing the rim and the same with the blocking animations. He's still swatting them, but he can be shot over now. And while the game has compensated for high jumping bigs with low verts, the animations are the same so they're hovering 5 inches off the ground. Kinda funny.

# 55 nry20 @ 11/24/10 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
Sorry, but reading your post makes me think that I actually WANT to play My Player now after the patch! Finally I can start out as a role player and do all the small things and eventually grow into a super star... and still win games because my teams runs plays for my AI teammates!

1 hour left before I get off of work... Can't wait!!!
That would make sense if my PG wasn't the 6th man on the team, avging 9 assists for the season (5min quarters) and season stats wise he was assist leader with 9 assists over rondo's 4.8 per game (5min sim quarters). The changes impact people who know what kind of offense they want to run from that spot, or any other position, and it's now "what kind of shot the computer wants" instead. I'm an INSIDE or INSIDE-OUT kind of guy, not a "catch it and release it while only partially open because the play broke down and the shot clock is at 2s". There should at the very minimum be an option to turn this crap off, or it should turn off automatically if you have an A+ basketball IQ.

# 56 ehh @ 11/24/10 10:41 AM
Wow I LOOOOOOOOOVE how the CPU tries to take charges now. Playing an exhibition with the Knicks in Boston. First four pick and rolls I tried with Amare...

1. Dunk on Shaq who tried to block the shot
2. Rondo tries to take a charge, called for a block
3. That Turkish guy tries to take a charge, no call
4. Pierce successfully draws the charge

Absolutely sick!

# 57 jeremym480 @ 11/24/10 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
From Ronnie 2k:
Hmm... That's great but, I'm in January in my Association and I have 3 players that are already upset because of injury and are saying they won't resign next season. I wonder if they'll still be upset after the patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMontana82
example of better rebounding and distribution:

in the 4th quarter of a game i'm playing right now offline
nate: 3
ray: 6
pierce: 7
KG: 6
baby: 3
west: 3
shaq: 7
daniels: 4
That looks great!

Quote:
That would make sense if my PG wasn't the 6th man on the team, avging 9 assists for the season (5min quarters) and season stats wise he was assist leader with 9 assists over rondo's 4.8 per game (5min sim quarters). The changes impact people who know what kind of offense they want to run from that spot, or any other position, and it's now "what kind of shot the computer wants" instead. I'm an INSIDE or INSIDE-OUT kind of guy, not a "catch it and release it while only partially open because the play broke down and the shot clock is at 2s". There should at the very minimum be an option to turn this crap off, or it should turn off automatically if you have an A+ basketball IQ.

# 58 Armor and Sword @ 11/24/10 10:45 AM
Will DL the patch in 2-3 hours....really pumped!!!

# 59 S. Famous @ 11/24/10 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I called 2 timeouts in my few games. I don't remember seeing the 20 second timeout display.... Anyone see it?
It shows up for me now and it never used to before.

# 60 Dwadefan @ 11/24/10 10:54 AM
what happened to the PC patch?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.