Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

NBA 2K11 patch v1.2 is available for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Just in case you missed them last night, here are the patch details.

Note - THIS PATCH WILL WORK WITH YOUR PRE-EXISTING ASSOCIATION OR SEASON.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 621 erickonasis @ 12/15/10 02:30 PM
Love this game post patch now...i griped about it before but now after putting hours and hours into it i can honestly say the gameplay is better

# 622 nine9milly32 @ 12/15/10 09:42 PM
are the over the backboard shots makeable since patch?

# 623 Guggy107 @ 12/15/10 10:21 PM
Sorry if this has already been discussed...its a long thread...

I'm having two big issues with stats since the patch. First, it seems like FG% in simmed games are a little low. There's only 1 team shooting over 46% in my association for the season, and its in January. I'm shooting .453 and im 3rd in the league. This just seems a little off. I should be in the upper tier of teams, but not nearly that high.

Also, in games that I play (I play all my teams games), FG%s are usually too low (especially for the CPU), but scoring seems to be right on. For example, the CPU will generally shoot around 41% from the floor, but usually will score over 100 points against me. The points against is fine, because I'm the Wizards. But I feel like the shooting% is way too low. Are there any sliders/settings I can adjust to get this to come up without it resulting in the CPU scoring like 120 points every game against me? Thanks in advance.

# 624 aloncho11 @ 12/16/10 03:47 AM
Wish they could at least tell us the month (December/January...March )

# 625 Pared @ 12/16/10 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
Wish they could at least tell us the month (December/January...March )
It's being worked on.

Frustrating, I'm sure, but the PC patch is usually the one that gets the most "love."

# 626 Mos1ted @ 12/19/10 06:35 PM
For whatever reason, I enjoy the game more on Hall of Fame than I do Superstar. It seems as if my half court offense runs more effectively on HoF vs Superstar; it's like the AI teammates do a better job at making the proper cuts thus allowing me to hit them in better positions for the score.

The main beef I have is the same as everyone else - fast break logic, on ball defense, and post defense. The Human AI teammates don't cut to the basket like they should during fast breaks, and instead, prefer to settle for jumpers in transition. That's all well and good if the defense gets back to cover the lane. But when the lane is open and your teammates don't cut to the basket to take advantage of this, you're forced to go for the attempt yourself which usually ends in some contested contact layup or pull up jumper with very little chance of going in. It's very frustrating, particularly on the higher difficulty settings when you need to take advantage of every easy basket you can get. That's not to say that you can't run successful fast breaks, but those annoyances happen frequently enough to present a problem.

The problem I see with the on ball defense is that defenders aren't moving their feet fast enough to match the stride of the offensive player. And the bumping that many of us complained about pre-patch is still very prevalent. I actually think that the on ball defense was fine just the way it was last year - they just needed to upgrade the help D in the paint to prevent the easy scoring.
Also, it seems that when they fixed the vertical jumping for big men, it also affected post defense. Post defense was one of my strong suits before, but even now, I can't stop big men from hitting fadeaways consistently despite the fact that I'm making every effort to perfectly time my block attempts. Even when my defender wins the ratings matchup for this scenario, the CPU still gets the upper hand. This is once again another frustrating instance of the game boosting the CPU just a little on higher difficulty settings to simulate a challenge. I prefer the higher difficulty settings because I feel the A.I. makes more human-like decisions and attacks the weak points of my defense, but 2K has to find a way to eliminate the attribute boosts for the CPU in certain situations.

I still do enjoy the game however. Just a few more things that need to be patch to really give the user a fairer shot and not feel like the losses we suffer are cheap ones.

# 627 aloncho11 @ 12/20/10 10:31 PM
^Nice

# 628 muggins @ 12/20/10 10:40 PM
Is it me or is it much tougher to post up post-patch? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Perhaps it is because I haven't played in a few weeks.

# 629 Villian @ 12/21/10 08:11 PM
could someone please correct me, i thought that during the hp halftime report in the association after the roundup of your game so far it would show some of the scores of the games that day around the association. is this true or not? or is it only for xbox because i have a ps3

# 630 Lews @ 12/22/10 07:14 AM
Hi guys, sorry if it's already been asked before (I admit I ain't read all 72 pages of the thread), but is there any link to download the patch for non-Live users? Thanks everybody, and happy Xmas!

# 631 penny80 @ 12/22/10 07:58 AM
hi bros
with these 2 patch 1.1 and 1.2 there are finally non shooting foul?
i am so frustrated on these aspect

ty for reply

# 632 muggins @ 12/22/10 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lews
Hi guys, sorry if it's already been asked before (I admit I ain't read all 72 pages of the thread), but is there any link to download the patch for non-Live users? Thanks everybody, and happy Xmas!
No, just hook up your Xbox.

# 633 Pared @ 12/22/10 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villian
could someone please correct me, i thought that during the hp halftime report in the association after the roundup of your game so far it would show some of the scores of the games that day around the association. is this true or not? or is it only for xbox because i have a ps3
It was only for NBA Today during quick games... when other games are actually playing.

# 634 Dmac1991 @ 12/23/10 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney2002
I have yet to see this on a consistent basis myself. The contact animations I have seen have been when I attempt a dunk in traffic. When the CPU attempts a dunk and the A.I is controlling my teamate, the player will just do a "backward lean" animation. Perhaps there's a timing window in which to trigger the animation?

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but the trajectory of jump shots taken along the baselines have been changed post patch. It almost impossible to hit those now...
yea baseline jumpers are incredibly hard to hit now even with perfect release

# 635 majorwtalkman @ 12/23/10 09:33 PM
@Dmac1991

You right about the baseline jumpers but I'm extremely mad about online releases. My player's 3pt shooting is 99 but I cant hit wide open threes. Its only every 1/3 shot that I make an open one but when the game is close and I have offensive clutch to 80 plus, I cant hit. This is from the patch because pre-patch I would knock 'em down.

# 636 WizardJay @ 12/24/10 04:32 AM
everybody talking about the quick release but they forget it was there in the pre-patch too so whats all the complaining about.

# 637 penny80 @ 12/24/10 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threes_Co.
Nope, not unless you use custom sliders
yeah but i'm interested in NON SHOUTING foul

i mean by setting sliders you can change the freq of the fouls but
you can't create new kind of file such as non shouting foul just by setting the sliders

it seems a kind of foul invisible in this game... how many contact there are in a match, how many foul whitout shooting free throws there are in a match?

i never see these kind of fouls , sliders i think that don't solve this problem

any other have some info on these aspects of the game?

ty

# 638 J-Clutch1 @ 12/26/10 04:20 PM
Has anyone tried out the Wii version? It's actually very good! It includes all the features that the consoles have, and animations and whatever else.

I wouldn't recommend it if you have a PS3 or 360, but if Wii's the only thing you have, it's a great game to have. (It's easier using the classic controller, since it's like other consoles).

# 639 carlito_da_capo @ 12/26/10 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threes_Co.
I do not understand this post.
The guy he quoted spelled Shouting instead of shooting.

# 640 oldman @ 12/27/10 12:24 AM
I just downloaded the patch last week. I haven't really played very much, been hooked on GT5, but tonight I decided to play. I saved the game after a bucket in the second, and came back later to finish. After loading the game, I have now experience three successive freezes. Any ideas as to what I should do next? I am not very far into my Association because I was waiting on the patch so should I look at deleting my game data and going from there or what?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.