Home
FIFA Soccer 12 News Post

EA Sports has just announced a partnership with Whitecaps FC, the latest addition to the MLS.

The Vancouver Whitecaps FC are set to join world-class clubs, such as Chelsea FC, Arsenal FC and Real Madrid FC, as the first MLS club to be partnered with EA SPORTS. Through this relationship, EA SPORTS will showcase its FIFA Soccer videogame franchise utilizing Whitecaps FC, including signage, broadcast, and game applications. Similar to its work with European clubs, EA SPORTS will expand its current relationship with the Whitecaps to explore new ways to enhance its videogame experience and create greater authenticity inside of its EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer products.

As Official Videogame Partner of Whitecaps FC, EA SPORTS will have exclusive access to Whitecaps FC players to motion capture and turn into the life-like movement of the virtual players in future versions of EA’s FIFA Soccer games. The FIFA development team will also explore new ways to leverage MLS matches at BC Place to deliver improved authenticity in its games that match the complexity, finesse, and excitement of a real-world soccer match. EA SPORTS will also access players, staff, and its passionate fans to test early versions of its soccer products.

Whitecaps FC and BC Place Stadium will be included in FIFA Soccer 12, enabling fans to play with the Whitecaps MLS team in their new home before the stadium is actually complete. In addition, a limited number of FIFA Soccer 12 games will be available in British Columbia in specially designed Whitecaps FC branding.

Source - EA Soccer News

Game: FIFA Soccer 12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
FIFA Soccer 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 dragan24 @ 11/29/10 04:55 PM
Hi Steve,

I think the title should read, "...addition to MLS" instead of "edition," not trying to be rude, but thought I would mention this. Thanks for your hard work, love the site. Cheers.

# 2 rckabillyRaider @ 11/29/10 05:43 PM
this has the potential to be very good news for FIFA gamers that are fans of MLS. Since EA will be working with the Whitecaps people, they can probably try to give us a more realistic and immersive MLS experience for next year's FIFA. Also having the first official stadium for an MLS club is a good start. Hopefully more will follow.

# 3 Steve_OS @ 11/29/10 06:48 PM
Ah yes, thanks dragan24.

# 4 Whitesox @ 11/29/10 09:29 PM
Nice to see the MLS getting some love.

Perhaps they will get the MLS structure right, also.

# 5 Bruins @ 11/29/10 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
Nice to see the MLS getting some love.

Perhaps they will get the MLS structure right, also.
Hard to do when the league itself can't get it right.

I keed, I keed. I <3 you, MLS.

# 6 Whitesox @ 11/29/10 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
Hard to do when the league itself can't get it right.

I keed, I keed. I <3 you, MLS.

It's only going to get more complicated with the play-in. I hope this gives EA some incentive to get it correct. They made some strides this year for sure.

Also, wondering why they chose Vancouver? I know little to nothing about Vancouver's team. So please correct me if this is incorrect, but I would have expected either Portland (I am under the impression that Portland is the more supported franchise, again, could be wrong) or an established MLS franchise with stars, such as LA.

# 7 Bruins @ 11/29/10 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
Also, wondering why they chose Vancouver? I know little to nothing about Vancouver's team. So please correct me if this is incorrect, but I would have expected either Portland (I am under the impression that Portland is the more supported franchise, again, could be wrong) or an established MLS franchise with stars, such as LA.

[Enlarge]

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...53637&t=h&z=13

# 8 Whitesox @ 11/29/10 10:16 PM

# 9 druez @ 12/01/10 03:09 PM
Why can't they put all the MLS stadiums in the game, or at least allow us to download them. This can't be that difficult. They also need to make the MLS teams better IMO.

# 10 rckabillyRaider @ 12/02/10 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by druez
Why can't they put all the MLS stadiums in the game, or at least allow us to download them. This can't be that difficult. They also need to make the MLS teams better IMO.
I think the MLS teams are rated pretty fair. I do wish they added MLS stadiums and captured the MLS match day atmosphere better though.

# 11 Lecrae @ 12/02/10 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by druez
Because they cannot just put whatever they want in the game. Even though they got contracts to use the team name and logo (and for players if their is some type of union, I know Madden has to deal with the NFLPA) it might not have included the right to recreate the stadium, since they have focused most of stadium recreations in areas they know for a fact it might get more purchases because "St. James' Park is in the game and I like Newcastle". And it is a very difficult task to create a stadium, not to mention adding in how fans, weather, scenery has to be added, and allowing us to download it wouldn't work because they cant create it as stated above, they dont have the licensing for it.

The best video game example I have it Football Manager, some of the leagues are licensed so things like team logos, team kits, etc are in the game (MLS I think is one) whereas others (such as the EPL) is not fully licensed and only a few teams have team logos, teams kits, etc. Just because SI got Man U to agree to let them use their stuff and not Chelsea doesnt mean they wont do their best with what they got.

However I would at least like one or two stadiums for every league instead of default looking ones, make it memorable or maybe even put any stadiums used for National Team games. On FIFA 10 for PS2 I know that the Home Depot Center was at least in the game so it is not like they have not tried.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.