Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

Do you notice any differences?

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Fatalah @ 12/03/10 02:31 PM
Wow, they really ARE mailing it in. I want a new MVP Baseball the very DAY this exclusivity NIGHTMARE ends.

# 2 arsenal123gunners @ 12/03/10 02:39 PM
I don't see a difference

# 3 nemesis04 @ 12/03/10 02:41 PM
The only thing I notice is that he shaved less in 10.

AND it looks like the pic for 11 had a little photo work.

# 4 RedLine @ 12/03/10 02:44 PM
The Jersey numbers look a little smaller....

# 5 Fatalah @ 12/03/10 02:47 PM
The last 4-5 years has been a travesty. TRAVESTY. I've been waiting for a new MLB MVP since 2006. I don't even know if I like videogames anymore! 2K wasted our time, and TIME CANNOT BE REPLACED. They should be ashamed. ASSSSHHHAAAAMMEED *wags finger!*

# 6 addybojangles @ 12/03/10 03:17 PM
2k Sports = home of the lifeless eyes.

# 7 bigfnjoe96 @ 12/03/10 03:27 PM
It's hard to tell due the shots not being exactly the same. The only thing that stands out is the lighting

# 8 CuseGirl @ 12/03/10 03:43 PM
Is this comparison a jab at MLB 2K or am I missing something? The only thing that's changed is his beard, lol. His lips look thicker on the right side 2. But eh, I dont play baseball 2k, MLB the Show, it's why I bought a ps3 in the first place

# 9 nemesis04 @ 12/03/10 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizal69
Baseball sucks, it's not even a global sport...whooop deeeeeee
Why you even posting here? Just keep it moving!

# 10 BravesBoy @ 12/03/10 04:01 PM
His finger is magically sticking thru the glove... i'm gonna say oops?? But still i see no difference in the two pics, looks pretty identical. And can they get the gloves fixed in this game? They dont even look like baseball gloves, there's no detail.

# 11 bms715 @ 12/03/10 04:24 PM
If anything the lighting is a little better...otherwise nothing to report lol

# 12 luv_mist @ 12/03/10 04:41 PM
I see lighting looking softer and blending in a bit better. It might also be that the "sun" is shining from a different angle which prevents proper comparison. I do have to point out that the facial hair looks much better because it blends in with his haircut. Usually the facial hair is a big problem because it never seems to be a nice match. It is a "shadow" thought so I might be a little over analyzing it. I also notice that the jersey fits a bit different. The jersey in 2K10 seems to be stiffer. Look at the sleeve on the left arm. It looks like it's too starched. There is more space on the top than the bottom which doesn't make sense according to the gravity of what the world is suppose to be like. However, in 2K11, it seems like the jersey hangs a bit more. You can't directly see the whole jersey but it does seem to be more flowing and react more to "gravity" within the game. There isn't that much of a comparison because of the different angle and sizes of the pictures.

For the homers who are bad mouthing, why not just drop facts and keep your sloppy opinions.......

# 13 Nexgenrulz @ 12/03/10 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalah
Wow, they really ARE mailing it in. I want a new MVP Baseball the very DAY this exclusivity NIGHTMARE ends.
Why wait for MVP, when there already is a stellar baseball game known as The Show?

# 14 DubTrey1 @ 12/03/10 07:16 PM
I notice the Show looks better. Still. Seriously though, I do not see too much of a diff.

# 15 Artman22 @ 12/03/10 07:37 PM
Graphics isn't mlb2k's problems. It's the gameplay that needs most work imo.

# 16 countryboy @ 12/03/10 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
It's hard to tell due the shots not being exactly the same. The only thing that stands out is the lighting
agreed. The pics are far too different to make any solid comparisons, imo. The lighting in the 2k11 pic is nice.

# 17 Naismithball @ 12/04/10 03:54 PM
That shoulder number still looks terrible.

# 18 foofighter2455 @ 12/04/10 07:24 PM
lol at this, this looks almost the same except it's zoomed in and Halladay looks more pissed that Cody Ross ate his lunch.

Here's the real coverboy.

# 19 rudyjuly2 @ 12/05/10 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Graphics isn't mlb2k's problems. It's the gameplay that needs most work imo.
This and the animations. I wouldn't have any problem if the players looked the same but the animations need work. Guys don't round the bases well at all and that is a fundamental animation in baseball. It looks herky jerky and is nowhere near as smooth as the Show. You watch the Show and it looks like baseball while 2K10 looks like a video game. The transition from one animation to another could use some work as well.

I do have high hopes for 2K11. I have a feeling that baseball fans will be really happy with both titles this year. Just a gut feeling.

# 20 Blzer @ 12/05/10 02:19 PM
Anyone else think that although the 2K11 picture looks more like a human with regard to the facial features etc., the 2K10 picture actually resembles Halladay more?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.