Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

According to Ian Cummings (via his Twitter account), Creative Director for Madden NFL 11, the 1.05 patch is available with a blog detailing it, coming "soon".

*UPDATE: According to members of OS, the patch is hit or miss ATM. As always, it's up to MS and Sony on when it will be released to everyone.

Quote:
"FYI - Madden 11 title update #5 (1.05) is out and makes defense way better + fixes some major online exploits + more. Blog coming soon.

Apparently I have to stop using "soon" because everyone just asks "when is soon?" & I don't know when 360 update or podcast will go live.

For those wondering, tu5 defense changes consist of taking a ton of NCAA's tuning + coverage updates + defensive locomotion tuning + more."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 frankrizzo380 @ 12/09/10 10:33 PM
impressions?

# 42 deathsai @ 12/09/10 10:37 PM
:\ still haven't gotten it.

# 43 authentic @ 12/09/10 10:43 PM
Nope, don't need the online pass. I will give a quick impression before I have to go. The game definitely plays better. I played on All-pro just to see how it would play on default and at half-time the game felt better. But it was only one game. I didn't notice anything else that was different as for features or anything...Well I'm out, I can't understand how this happens...where only certain people get the patch....btw, I got the patch after deleting my game cache, loading it to find no update, downloading the roster, then restarting it and it popped up...kind of surprised..

# 44 PlatooN @ 12/10/10 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Nope, don't need the online pass. I will give a quick impression before I have to go. The game definitely plays better. I played on All-pro just to see how it would play on default and at half-time the game felt better. But it was only one game. I didn't notice anything else that was different as for features or anything...Well I'm out, I can't understand how this happens...where only certain people get the patch....btw, I got the patch after deleting my game cache, loading it to find no update, downloading the roster, then restarting it and it popped up...kind of surprised..
if you deleted your cache, than what you downloaded was the old patch...

# 45 authentic @ 12/10/10 12:26 AM
False...I downloaded the 1.04 patch on the first boot up...downloaded the roster from last week, then restarted the game for I don't know what reason, and was prompted to download patch 1.05...

# 46 PVarck31 @ 12/10/10 12:44 AM
I just rented the game and i got an update but I am pretty sure it was 1.04. Is there anyway to tell which update you are getting on the 360?

# 47 Madwolf @ 12/10/10 01:02 AM
Can't tell if I got it or not, I certainly hope not.

I hope the patch addresses the run block, it's so beyond atrocious it's not even funny. It's by far the worst in any Madden in recent memory. At least in the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube days you could "steer" the blocking where you wanted to go by running in the general direction you needed them to block.

# 48 Megatron2k7 @ 12/10/10 01:04 AM
Hmmmm........ I guess I'm confused..... but if some, but not all have the update..... then how could anyone play online against each other. If someone has the update, and would try to play against someone who doesn't have it...... I can only imagine it would cause serious game play issues.

I just fired up my 360 and started a game of madden, and did not receive an update.

# 49 RJTurneR @ 12/10/10 05:16 AM
Got the patch yesterday here in the UK. I'm about to play DET @ SEA in my franchise so I will post any noticeable changes at half time.

# 50 RJTurneR @ 12/10/10 06:13 AM
Defense does some somewhat improved. Lost to SEA 27-17. 2 INT's cost me the game (Very nice INT's as well from a defensive perspective). Made a huge play before the half, punting the ball away and forcing the fumble at the 49 yard line. But just like the Lions, I couldn't hold up in the 4th.

Now I'm a game down on Minny, next game against GB.

# 51 moylan1234 @ 12/10/10 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
I hope the patch addresses the run block, it's so beyond atrocious it's not even funny. It's by far the worst in any Madden in recent memory. At least in the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube days you could "steer" the blocking where you wanted to go by running in the general direction you needed them to block.
couldn't agree more if this patch fixes that annoying DL warp move I may be able to salvage the rest of the hair on my head

# 52 datruth @ 12/10/10 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I guess this goes to show how much I know lol. What the hell was wrong with the defense in the first place? I'm in my third season and I'm having a blast. Haven't seen anything gamebreaking for me.
You must don't play online!

# 53 Armor and Sword @ 12/10/10 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by datruth
You must don't play online!
Yep. Offline the game is very enjoyable. Online in realistic Sim leagues it is a waste of time.

No Sliders = arcade.

# 54 datruth @ 12/10/10 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Yep. Offline the game is very enjoyable. Online in realistic Sim leagues it is a waste of time.

No Sliders = arcade.
Well that's what they are attempting to fix with update.

# 55 roadman @ 12/10/10 08:57 AM
Not good.

8:00 am central time and still no title update.

# 56 datruth @ 12/10/10 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Not good.

8:00 am central time and still no title update.
I got a roster update but no patch as of 8:15 EST

# 57 Hova57 @ 12/10/10 09:12 AM
pleasant news, sounds like that new management model may be the one who spearheaded this. I think most would agree that NCAA was better, than madden in some things, if they tuned the catching from ncaa i would be in heaven.

# 58 Armor and Sword @ 12/10/10 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by datruth
Well that's what they are attempting to fix with update.

I understand but when you can use sliders in NCAA 2011 and NBA 2K11 it really makes a monster difference. I am not upset with the game offline at all. In fact I am really enjoying it. But I hope for 2012 they implement what their little brother has as far as a great online franchise experience and the ability to use custom sliders.

It would make the game a blast online as well. And leagues would thrive.

# 59 datruth @ 12/10/10 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I understand but when you can use sliders in NCAA 2011 and NBA 2K11 it really makes a monster difference. I am not upset with the game offline at all. In fact I am really enjoying it. But I hope for 2012 they implement what their little brother has as far as a great online franchise experience and the ability to use custom sliders.

It would make the game a blast online as well. And leagues would thrive.
I totally agree with you, online sliders for franchise would be a great addition. But the defense in this years Madden online is atrocious and the fact they acknowledged it on the podcast, planed to make improvements next year, then surprised everyone with a 5th patch addressing the online defensive is major.

My issue with the last 3-4 Maddens on NG was little to no analog control or movement. They have addressed that finally this year and made a major improvement on how we user control the players. So much so, that you can cut, juke and spin around defenders with ease. Couple that with the poor zone defense and M12 became arena ball 2012. I don’t think they anticipated adding analog control to offense would have a huge adverse affect against the defense, and little to no improvements were made to the defensive analog control in early development. Now after we’ve play-tested the game for 6 months and sales are at a low the light goes on and they give us what we want. Improved defense online!

Props to Ian and crew for listening to us and props to EA for providing a 5th update to attempt to address online issues this year.

# 60 bxgoods @ 12/10/10 10:47 AM
I played Madden this morning and was not prompted to download it.
I'm PS3 btw

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.