Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Ian Cummings just posted the details for Madden NFL 11 title update #5.

*UPDATE: The patch is still hit or miss ATM. It's up to MS and Sony on when they will push it. Will start a new topic when the patch is readily available for everyone.

Quote:
Hello Madden fans, we are happy to announce the release of our fifth (and likely final) title update for Madden NFL 11, just in time for the holidays. The fixes listed below represent a culmination of all the feedback received from you, the fans, in our loyal community. We'd like to thank you for the continued support and strong attention to detail, as well as, your willingness to contribute in always trying to make Madden NFL a better game. This title update focuses on primarily fixing online exploits and fine-tuning the balance of gameplay by making numerous improvements to defensive AI.

The fixes are as follows:

• Fixed an exploit to disallow defenders from all blitzing when the quarterback tried to pump fake when facing the wrong direction. This was discovered in NCAA Football 11 and fixed in both titles.
• Fixed an exploit where unscrupulous players could get their fullback or tight end to move across the line of scrimmage and cause an encroachment penalty against an unsuspecting defensive player.
• Fixed an exploit where online gamers could use specific timing in pulling the network plug and cause a soft lock for both users, thus not having to face a loss. We've isolated and fixed the problem, so now if someone pulls their plug, they rightfully get a loss.
• Improved reaction times for defenders in coverage to better react to receivers
• Improved logic to get defenders in better position to make plays on the ball while in the air
• Improved defensive play recognition to get defenders reacting to the play faster
• Tuned up defensive pursuit to get defenders to take smarter angles to the ball carrier
• Tuned up defensive gap aggressiveness to get defenders into the hole faster
• Fixed an issue where the play art on defense would sometimes not show up correctly when showing blitz. We have corrected this problem in thirteen formations so now all proper play art will be displayed when showing blitz to the offense.

Source: Madden NFL 11 Blog via Ian Cummings

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 moylan1234 @ 12/10/10 07:20 PM
4 pm in the west and I still have no update

# 42 Hailtodemskins @ 12/10/10 08:17 PM
just turn on the ps3 still no patch!....i hope it comes soon

# 43 frankrizzo380 @ 12/10/10 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Guys, I am not sure the Santa Clause glitch is actually a glitch. It could be something that's working off of the system clock/date and the last time I checked it was December.

well the only thing is is that the pink accessories dont show up untill october in a franchise mode and it was active the whole month of october, i just started a new saints franchise an jolly ol' st. nick is in the superdome in the pre-season

# 44 frankrizzo380 @ 12/10/10 09:06 PM
just checked my twitter(ewww, that sounds nasty) "official release date for patch 1.05 is 12/14" per ian cummings

# 45 ezio @ 12/10/10 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
just checked my twitter(ewww, that sounds nasty) "official release date for patch 1.05 is 12/14" per ian cummings
will we have to start franchises over?

# 46 ezio @ 12/10/10 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
It never has and never will
Ok cool. Thanks.

# 47 probowl corner @ 12/10/10 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
still no dirty uniforms?
they are in but its not that noticeable like before

# 48 frankrizzo380 @ 12/11/10 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFX007
so wouldn't that lead you to conclude "the Santa glitch" (which isnt a glitch) appears because your internal clock says its December? change your date and time to something before thanksgiving and after the holiday season and I bet it disappears...besides is that big a deal? press the button you'll see him for less than a second

plus there are all kinds of stupid fans that wear get ups that dont quit fit in to football games...lol
the question is, "wht did it work for the breast cancer awarness accessories?" no ones complaining, just saying, wow, what an eyesore, just sparking up conversation, nothing more my friend

# 49 youALREADYknow @ 12/11/10 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
You know Im not sure Im too enthused by this patch....

It doesnt fix these major, and recurring, bugs;

-IR still not fixed
-Gameplanning still not fixed
-Accelerated clock bug
-Pancake tackles
-Genererated rookies still demand massive contracts unless signed by CPU.

Some of these bugs have been around since Madden '09. And since this patch does not fix them, and I had PERFECT custom sliders, this patch will actually make things worse for me.

Bah-Humbug
Pretty much summarizes my feelings. I'm getting picture perfect simulation gameplay and statistics right now in Coach Mode and the only thing missing (GamePlanning for 2 teams) is still missing after this patch.

# 50 youALREADYknow @ 12/11/10 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

Oh great, that is the main problem with NCAA 11 right now, when they improved it on that game. Players react too fast, causing pump fakes, counters and Play action to be totally useless because the defensive line and outside linebackers get into the backfield as soon as you snap the ball on running or play action plays.
It appears they are making the same exact mistakes that the NCAA team made.

I'll be shocked if play action, read option, counter, and screen plays aren't all rendered useless after this patch.

It is really beginning to seem like the EA/Tiburon teams release gameplay changes specifically for the online and User/User community. I could see how these changes would make those gamers happy.

# 51 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/11/10 12:13 PM
Yes those are my thoughts exactly. This year they have tuned both games too geared towards the online, user vs user game play without full thinking about how it would effect the user vs cpu game play.

The whole theme this year for both football games was to water down the effect of users online using scrambling QB's. By doing so it made everything else ineffective as well such as counter plays and play action pass, running out of the shotgun, etc.

You can't prevent users online from cheesing certain plays and moves. Ramping up the cpu teammates AI play recognition just makes a jumbo mess of things when you have a user playing against the cpu.

I remember 2K tried that in NBA 2k10 by watering down certain moves and it made it totally useless to use some moves because they never worked because they watered it down so much it lost it's effectiveness. So even if you weren't cheesing it and trying to do it in a normal situation, you couldn't.

Same thing has happened this year in NCAA 11 and Madden 11. They were worried so much about people abusing scrambling QB's online that now even the CPU QB don't even scramble and on Madden 11 it is damn near impossible for even the user to scramble by how fast they got defensive linemen running in this game.

It makes playing against and as some teams in Madden totally useless now because all the QB's play the same, so therefore all the teams play the same. Playing against the Eagles is no different then playing against the Colts because both QB's play like pocket passers in this game. So therefore you don't ever have to change your defensive scheme because there is never a threat of the QB ever taking off and running on you.

It is even worse in NCAA 11 because so many spread based teams heavily rely on scrambling QB's in order to make their style of offense to thrive. Playing against against schools like Michigan, Auburn, Oregon, Florida, Ohio St, Florida St, Nevada, Texas, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Army, Navy, Air Force, etc is BORING because their QB's don't run or scramble around.

They might as well had kept all 120 schools play styles hidden because they all play the same way in the game anyway. Because all they ever do is throw or hand it off, that's it. Dual threat is no threat because they aren't dual in the game.

So really I would like to see both Madden and NCAA since they share the same problems really focus on the basics of football and worry more about the user vs cpu experience. And stop putting labels next to people names in the game if they don't behave that way.

What it is the point of labeling QB's scrambling, balanced, pocket passer if ALL of them behave like pocket passers ? What is the point of having a throw on the run attribute if the cpu QB don't ever run ? Why have counter plays and play action pass if they don't ever work ?

All this ramping up the defense AI and watering down of the offense is severely hurting the single player experience. Cheesers will always be cheesers online, so don't punish the masses just because of the small percentage of cheesers online.

# 52 Isura @ 12/11/10 12:23 PM
Sports gaming was much more enjoyable before online IMO. The idiot complaining cheesers have ruined it

# 53 illwill10 @ 12/11/10 12:38 PM
started a new franchise and i saw Santa at every game so far.

# 54 youALREADYknow @ 12/11/10 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
started a new franchise and i saw Santa at every game so far.
Is this a bug introduced with the new patch?

# 55 illwill10 @ 12/11/10 12:45 PM
maybe or its probably because i started a new franchise in mid december

# 56 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/11/10 12:51 PM
That was before the new patch even came out. I think it is more to do that all games read your system clock and being that it is december it just automatically puts in santa in your game despite the fact you just started a new franchise and playing in august.

# 57 Megatron2k7 @ 12/11/10 01:05 PM
I'm sorry in advance for sounding like I'm talking down to some of you in here...... but my patience has run out.

My god people...... enough with the Santa stuff already..... Are some of you really that thick....? It's based on your system clock. Don't you realize that it started saying "Happy Hollidays" on the bottom of your screen as well.....? Sheeesh......

In Oct. games we had the Breast Cancer Awareness accessories, etc. They went away as soon as Oct. was over.

As soon as the Holliday season is over..... we'll stop seeing Santa and the Happy Hollidays theme.

As a matter of fact..... in your pre game settings screen..... you can choose "presentation type" and you can play with the Breast Cancer Awareness theme, Holliday theme, and others. When our sytem clock meets the criteria, then the theme is set automatically unless you change it yourself.

Again.... I apologize for ranting..... but I really want to see more info and feedback on this title update. I'm confused as to how anyone has it, when Ian said on his twitter that the official release of it was on Dec. 14th.... ??? Maybe the 14th is just for the U.S. ....... ???

# 58 schnaidt1 @ 12/11/10 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Guys, I am not sure the Santa Clause glitch is actually a glitch. It could be something that's working off of the system clock/date and the last time I checked it was December.
well then how come in my newly started franchise.....every single game...even in august, show the santa? thats where the problem lies......

# 59 kehlis @ 12/11/10 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
well then how come in my newly started franchise.....every single game...even in august, show the santa? thats where the problem lies......
Because your system clock is in December, not August.

# 60 Meast21Forever @ 12/11/10 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
I'm sorry in advance for sounding like I'm talking down to some of you in here...... but my patience has run out.

My god people...... enough with the Santa stuff already..... Are some of you really that thick....? It's based on your system clock. Don't you realize that it started saying "Happy Hollidays" on the bottom of your screen as well.....? Sheeesh......

In Oct. games we had the Breast Cancer Awareness accessories, etc. They went away as soon as Oct. was over.

As soon as the Holliday season is over..... we'll stop seeing Santa and the Happy Hollidays theme.

As a matter of fact..... in your pre game settings screen..... you can choose "presentation type" and you can play with the Breast Cancer Awareness theme, Holliday theme, and others. When our sytem clock meets the criteria, then the theme is set automatically unless you change it yourself.

Again.... I apologize for ranting..... but I really want to see more info and feedback on this title update. I'm confused as to how anyone has it, when Ian said on his twitter that the official release of it was on Dec. 14th.... ??? Maybe the 14th is just for the U.S. ....... ???

if you're going to rant, you may want to make sure you're correct first. the breast cancer thing is not based on your system clock in franchise mode. it appears in october in your franchise, then stops when you advance past october in season. for the santa thing, he's there all the time. every game. because that's based on the system clock. it shouldn't be. it should be based on what month it is in franchise. online, it should go away after december. but as far as being a franchise feature, it should be based on the season just as the breast cancer color is.

that's why people are complaining. it is an issue and it should have been corrected.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.