Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

(Image courtesy of Pasta Padre)

Joe Mauer makes it back to back covers, as he has been confirmed as the MLB 11 The Show cover athlete, via Pasta Padre.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ElroyJetson @ 12/14/10 03:36 PM
I'm not a big fan of having Mauer on the cover 2 years in a row, I'll probably be in the minority on it.

# 22 sectiona21 @ 12/14/10 03:38 PM
Well played Mauer....should make for a great sequel to the first commercial.

And for how good this game anyways, they could put Yuniesky Betancourt on the cover and I'd be perfectly fine with it. The only time I even see the cover is from the time the cashier hands me my copy of the show to the time it hits my shelf since I don't put the game back into the case until about when NCAA comes out in July.

Can't wait to start hearing some new info and details!

# 23 CubFan23 @ 12/14/10 03:50 PM
Why is who's on the cover really that important? I could care less, I mean even if it just read "The Show MLB 11" that would be fine. I open the box insert the game and put the box back on the shelf. I don't sit and stare at the box.

# 24 Pared @ 12/14/10 04:07 PM
Damn it, I swore Halladay was a lock for the cover.

*kicks rocks*

# 25 Joey @ 12/14/10 04:07 PM
I'm right there with you, brother. Doesn't make much of a difference to me, either.

Wasn't Schilling on a couple High Heat's in a row?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Why is who's on the cover really that important? I could care less, I mean even if it just read "The Show MLB 11" that would be fine. I open the box insert the game and but the box back on the shelf. I don't sit and stare at the box.

# 26 bcruise @ 12/14/10 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Damn it, I swore Halladay was a lock for the cover.

*kicks rocks*
Now THAT would have been interesting....the same cover boy on both games!

I'm guessing that probably can't happen due to a contract stipulation, but it would still be a sight to see.

# 27 Pared @ 12/14/10 04:15 PM
Honestly, I'd like to see Ramone on the cover someday.

Game would fly off the shelves!

# 28 LastActionHero @ 12/14/10 04:16 PM
I like it!
The cover looks tight.
I hope it's also an indication of a welcome menu/interface change within the whole game

# 29 Sports fanantic @ 12/14/10 04:18 PM
No Buster Posey or Brian Wilson

# 30 ARMORALLL @ 12/14/10 04:34 PM
This is sort of a let down. I thought we were going to find out something about the game itself. A new feature set maybe. That's sort of what I figured when that guy said we were going to find out a lot in the next 2 days.

# 31 bp4baseball @ 12/14/10 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORALLL
This is sort of a let down. I thought we were going to find out something about the game itself. A new feature set maybe. That's sort of what I figured when that guy said we were going to find out a lot in the next 2 days.
I think the news releases got delayed a couple of days, but you never know. There is still a lot of time left

# 32 Beebe's Kid @ 12/14/10 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sectiona21
Well played Mauer....should make for a great sequel to the first commercial.

And for how good this game anyways, they could put Yuniesky Betancourt on the cover and I'd be perfectly fine with it. The only time I even see the cover is from the time the cashier hands me my copy of the show to the time it hits my shelf since I don't put the game back into the case until about when NCAA comes out in July.

Can't wait to start hearing some new info and details!
I hear you. My first thought was "I am not even allowed in Mexico."

Who cares about the cover?

# 33 Reaman @ 12/14/10 04:43 PM
Really?! No change!

# 34 CubFan23 @ 12/14/10 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebe's Kid
I hear you. My first thought was "I am not even allowed in Mexico."

Who cares about the cover?
I laugh out loud every time I see that commercial! Kevin is good in the move ones too!

# 35 nemesis04 @ 12/14/10 04:53 PM
Surprising move to say the least. I do like this years cover better though. Anyway, next stop game info! I hope!

# 36 Bigsheen @ 12/14/10 04:53 PM
ya the cover looks sweet im not a huge fan of the same cover boy back-to-back but i do love jow mauer. But to tell you the truth, i get a custom cover every year anyway so the cover guy doesnt mean much to me at all, i really we get more info today though at least something lol.

# 37 thaprodigyisback @ 12/14/10 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Huh....interesting if true.

Think that would be a first outside of Madden getting his mug on the early 90's games every year, right?

No Allen Iverson was on NBA 2K, 2K1, 2K2, 2K3, and 2K4
And Randy Moss was on NFL 2K, 2K1, 2K2

# 38 BlackBetty15 @ 12/14/10 04:58 PM
Makes sense from a business standpoint. Hopefully, the decison to put him on the cover was based on it was cheaper than putting on another high value player who would ask more for endorsement and that more money went into the development of the game due to the awesome features they are adding this year...LOL

# 39 Artman22 @ 12/14/10 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty199127
I'm not a big fan of having Mauer on the cover 2 years in a row, I'll probably be in the minority on it.
You're not the only one. I don't like the idea of the same guy back to back. I was hoping to be surprised.

# 40 Joey @ 12/14/10 05:20 PM
But you are surprised though, right? See, it worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
You're not the only one. I don't like the idea of the same guy back to back. I was hoping to be surprised.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.