Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

I took these shots using yesterday's build no camera trickery both shots were taken using the in game photo feature. The only difference is one shot is taken in MLB 10 The Show, the other in MLB 11 The Show. The MLB 10 shot is the one on the top.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Nexgenrulz @ 12/15/10 09:36 PM
Excited for this game. I just hope with all the changes, the Indians home batting helmets are corrected. They've been messed up the past 2 years. But for some reason, the PSP version this year was correct. The MLB Style Guide excuse is getting old.

# 62 Dog @ 12/15/10 09:55 PM
The Howard shot looks very promising. It actually looks like his body

# 63 Stumpy Santo @ 12/15/10 09:56 PM
Wow, how disappointing.

Those umpire models haven't changed at all.

# 64 Heroesandvillains @ 12/15/10 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Hahaha okay, later tonight I will record a video and show you exactly what I mean. I'll be clear.

Only problem is right now my roommate and his friends rented out the entire Twilight Saga and are busy watching those. They didn't even rent them on Blu-ray!
I'd be interested in a video on this.

While we're at it, could you PM me a link to your hitting video (the one you mentioned in the ESPN article thread)? I think I missed that one.

# 65 Blzer @ 12/15/10 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
I'd be interested in a video on this.

While we're at it, could you PM me a link to your hitting video (the one you mentioned in the ESPN article threade)? I think I missed that one.
Click on the googly eyes in that post. It's more or less a rant on how their system was pretty flawed from a baseball purist's perspective. It's in two parts as well, so you'll have to find the other one on there.

But yeah, they're only on New Moon so far so it might not be up until midnight on the west coast.

# 66 beau21 @ 12/15/10 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Hmmm good question I don't know let me get back to you on that one.
On the same subject.. will we have the option to save our highlights in a higher resolution this year?

# 67 Blzer @ 12/15/10 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
On the same subject.. will we have the option to save our highlights in a higher resolution this year?
I don't know a reason for this one but I do know that some people were able to use Windows Live Movie Maker and force files into a 720p display for The Show 10. The frame was much smaller but the videos were of 720p quality on YouTube. It must have been an upconversion because the video files are initially saved no higher than a 480p scale I'm sure.

# 68 wrigleyville33 @ 12/15/10 10:18 PM
I'll admit it. They do look quite better. I guess I was anticipating a huge overhaul. Russ, any chance you could throw in a Cubs player in tomorrow's batch?

# 69 PVarck31 @ 12/15/10 10:19 PM
New models look awesome. Thanks Ramone for showing them off.

# 70 Shakedowncapo @ 12/15/10 10:24 PM
n/m not needed here...PM.

# 71 Blzer @ 12/15/10 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
I'll admit it. They do look quite better. I guess I was anticipating a huge overhaul.
The good news is, we'll either get completely recaptured animations or the same animations but made to fit these new models. In essence, the game flow will appear much more human looking on that basis alone.

# 72 beau21 @ 12/15/10 10:25 PM
Quote:
I don't know a reason for this one but I do know that some people were able to use Windows Live Movie Maker and force files into a 720p display for The Show 10. The frame was much smaller but the videos were of 720p quality on YouTube. It must have been an upconversion because the video files are initially saved no higher than a 480p scale I'm sure.
It's not a big thing by any means..

I just remember after saving a few highlight videos, when I'd go back to watch them under the "Videos" section on my PS3, the videos are pretty small and grainy when you make them bigger.

# 73 ryan36 @ 12/15/10 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Exactly what I was thinking....

eerie....
everyone on this board is so much smarter than me...pisses me off. Would you believe I play The Show in SD? Blasphemy I know!

# 74 Blzer @ 12/15/10 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
It's not a big thing by any means..

I just remember after saving a few highlight videos, when I'd go back to watch them under the "Videos" section on my PS3, the videos are pretty small and grainy when you make them bigger.
Yeah I know what you mean. I think the same thing will happen here as well, but at least you get the opportunity to see them in a higher resolution regardless.

EDIT: Here's one of those videos I was referring to (it isn't mine):

# 75 thaSLAB @ 12/15/10 10:36 PM
Quote:
Well, here's why they existed in the first place (and I'd like for Russell or anyone else in game designing to please correct me if none of this sounds right).

LOL, I understand why it exist. My question is more along the lines of whether or not the video/screen capture feature has been changed to compensate for it, in its outputs. (i.e. automatically limiting or "cropping" to 1280 x 720)

# 76 CMH @ 12/15/10 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORALLL
The best thing about new player models is that all the kids who would cry on these forums about no unique player models can finally shut up about it.
You underestimate the crowd.

Well, SCEA, you guys did it. I wasn't going to buy The Show again until the models were fixed and I'm extremely impressed with the overhaul.

# 77 Blzer @ 12/15/10 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
LOL, I understand why it exist. My question is more along the lines of whether or not the video/screen capture feature has been changed to compensate for it, in its outputs. (i.e. automatically limiting or "cropping" to 1280 x 720)
Hmm, good question then. I don't think they will or can do that because it's kind of a feature used by the PS3 XMB as well (which automatically adjusts for overscan like anything else), but I really don't know all of the technicalities. Like I said though, if they changed the system so that there aren't any video sliders and they resolute the game to a 1368 x 768 area, we won't have the problem anymore anyway.

# 78 Blzer @ 12/15/10 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
Weird thing. My new replacement LG local dimmer which is much better than my defunct one has like 1 or 2 pixel lines that do not fill the screen at the top in Just Scan no matter what I do to stretch it (it runs one or two shy from filling at the top). My other one I believe, the crappy older but same model one, filled it all I think. This is the only game I have that Just Scan does not fill the screen correctly even with slider options. So I use 16x9 to fill that extra line or two and make sure it is not overscanning which is nice they gave those options otherwise my just scan would have not totally filled it for some odd reason and of course normally 16x9 cuts off the image. It was a bit annoying to see the one or two lines at the top as black. I always use Just Scan and it never has done this. My TV might has some 1 pixel line bias or something I have no clue but it's beautiful that is for sure and much better than the clunker with missing pixels and what not.
I know some people who have this issue as well. I don't know what causes it, unless your TV was 1080i native or something.

My only games that have this are The Show and Rock Band, but they both give you the options for video adjustments. Because you're right, you otherwise technically lose some of your image (12.28% of it to be exact) unless you use the sliders to make the adjustments.

I don't know if this would be considered derailing the thread so we could save this for a new thread if you all would like. One more thing I wanted to point out about the player models (in staying on topic) is that the players definitely fill out more around the torso then just widening out in the shoulder area. This should definitely help out when looking at the big guys in this game. I'm so amped to see some video of this!

# 79 Kolbe @ 12/15/10 10:50 PM
Quote:
Hahaha okay, later tonight I will record a video and show you exactly what I mean. I'll be clear.

Only problem is right now my roommate and his friends rented out the entire Twilight Saga and are busy watching those. They didn't even rent them on Blu-ray!
Huh, and this whole time I thought you were a dude...

-K

# 80 42 @ 12/15/10 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
Huh, and this whole time I thought you were a dude...

-K

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.