Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

I took these shots using yesterday's build no camera trickery both shots were taken using the in game photo feature. The only difference is one shot is taken in MLB 10 The Show, the other in MLB 11 The Show. The MLB 10 shot is the one on the top.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Woodweaver @ 12/16/10 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
They've adjusted their shoulders, I see. It helps that short armed look a bit. But still, not the same as having realistic proportions.

But it's still early. Who knows...?
Can you be more specific? What about the proportions looks off to you? Seems more then a shoulder adjustment to me.

# 102 Woodweaver @ 12/16/10 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
I really don't see much of a difference. And that's not to criticize the new player models, it's more to say that I don't really see what the problem was in the first place.
No problem. I have a friend who can't see much difference between a run-of-the-mill hamburger and a dry-aged prime New York strip.

# 103 cnelly4 @ 12/16/10 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
First thing Thursday morning I have about 10 more.

8:55 here in the central time zone!!! Just kidding, thanks Russell for everything you guys do over there.

# 104 Bigsheen @ 12/16/10 10:27 AM
Hopefully my buccos can get some love in this next set!!! love the new models!

# 105 Blzer @ 12/16/10 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
I really don't see much of a difference. And that's not to criticize the new player models, it's more to say that I don't really see what the problem was in the first place.
I honestly was expecting a "from the ground up" overhaul in the sense that the new player models would jump out at me, but I think it's okay though anyway. As I think I said earlier in this thread, the important thing is that the body proportions are more human-like. This will allow the animations (which might have had to be redone) to look much better than they did before. Players with different weight should be represented better as well.

I see nothing but a plus for this one. A little closer to perfection is always better.

# 106 Russell_SCEA @ 12/16/10 01:48 PM
New thread with batch #2 going up shortly

# 107 Shaffer26 @ 12/16/10 01:51 PM
Quote:
yessssssh

# 108 El_MaYiMbE @ 12/16/10 01:52 PM
Quote:
Any Yankee ones in there?

# 109 BlingBling19 @ 12/17/10 10:23 AM
I just hope the crowd sizes are spot on. So if there are 22,000 fans at a game then you see all the other empty seats. It always seemed like regardless of the crowd size the stadiums always seemed to be full.

# 110 ComfortablyLomb @ 12/17/10 10:34 AM
The screens look great... I'm not going to miss the old t-rex sized arms.

# 111 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/17/10 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I honestly was expecting a "from the ground up" overhaul in the sense that the new player models would jump out at me, but I think it's okay though anyway. As I think I said earlier in this thread, the important thing is that the body proportions are more human-like. This will allow the animations (which might have had to be redone) to look much better than they did before. Players with different weight should be represented better as well.

I see nothing but a plus for this one. A little closer to perfection is always better.
They were redone from the ground up!

They just were not that far off to begin with originally. Not like some on here would lead you to believe. So they fixed what was needed to be fixed, while it may appear subtle, it was monumental as a whole.

All the animations have to be redone and retied to the new models. It is a HUGE undertaking.

# 112 Blzer @ 12/17/10 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

They just were not that far off to begin with originally. Not like some on here would lead you to believe. So they fixed what was needed to be fixed, while it may appear subtle, it was monumental as a whole.

All the animations have to be redone and retied to the new models. It is a HUGE undertaking.
Oh haha I definitely know that, I've been saying that in response to people questioning exactly what they changed by the comparisons. All I meant was that you'll see some things that are largely unchanged because they didn't need to be unchanged. The other things are drastic improvements.

# 113 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/17/10 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Oh haha I definitely know that, I've been saying that in response to people questioning exactly what they changed by the comparisons. All I meant was that you'll see some things that are largely unchanged because they didn't need to be unchanged. The other things are drastic improvements.
Ahhh, gotcha!

Agreed!

# 114 AtlBraves09 @ 12/17/10 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

-I think people are really going to be able to notice the new models when video comes out. With new player models; fielding, hitting, and pitching animations will now be far more accurate. At least I think! when folks think about player models, they think about new uniform models and everything else. Their uniform textures and cloth movement were pretty darn good last year so there was no need to upgrade those...

# 115 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/17/10 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlBraves09
-I think people are really going to be able to notice the new models when video comes out. With new player models; fielding, hitting, and pitching animations will now be far more accurate. At least I think! when folks think about player models, they think about new uniform models and everything else. Their uniform textures and cloth movement were pretty darn good last year so there was no need to upgrade those...

You are exactly right!

# 116 countryboy @ 12/17/10 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
Huh, and this whole time I thought you were a dude...

-K

# 117 AtlBraves09 @ 12/17/10 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
We will have to see if they really did get those animation systems full on and working because in 10 after 50 games or so I was pretty tired of the limited ones being replayed over and over. IMO the game needs around 50 or more to actually start representing what I think would be a decent game of baseball. Of course they are better than what is out there but it still needs a lot of work. That is one part of the game that is on the top of my personal changes list. Animations are very important to me.
Have you seen this abundance of animations on any next Gen game or are you speaking from the past?

# 118 Woodweaver @ 12/17/10 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
We will have to see if they really did get those animation systems full on and working because in 10 after 50 games or so I was pretty tired of the limited ones being replayed over and over. IMO the game needs around 50 or more to actually start representing what I think would be a decent game of baseball. Of course they are better than what is out there but it still needs a lot of work. That is one part of the game that is on the top of my personal changes list. Animations are very important to me.
You do realize that this game has more animations than any baseball game ever? They're always adding more, but there are physical limits.

# 119 Russell_SCEA @ 12/17/10 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
You do realize that this game has more animations than any baseball game ever? They're always adding more, but there are physical limits.

30,000 plus but who's counting

# 120 Blzer @ 12/17/10 09:05 PM
Quote:
30,000 plus but who's counting
Hey I'm just wondering, what's the size for a typical animation? I guess not many of them last longer than two seconds (in empirical timing, that is except for pitching windups), so I mean does it take up huge chunks of space or would two seconds of audio equate to more space used, or is that not a fair/natural comparison to make at all?

I was just wondering, as I know ESPN NFL 2K5 was absolutely loaded with thousands, if not tens of thousands, of animations for the limitations the PS2 had. Heck, even The Show on PS2 must have tens of thousands of animations as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.