Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

MLB 11 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 11 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Skyboxer @ 12/19/10 04:10 PM
I always loved Vin Scully...

# 142 countryboy @ 12/19/10 04:11 PM
my problem with changing annouce teams, at least my opinion, is that it sets you back in terms of advancing on to more dynamic commentary. Unless you are wanting someone new to basically read Matt V's script, then you have re-write and record new lines for the new commentary crew. Which means that you'll most likely lose a number of lines and we'll have to go through another set of years before advancing onto a more prolific commentary.

For me, I don't mind Matt V, Dave and Rex, though Rex is gone. They get the job done and instead of fresh voices, I'm ready for the next step in advancing what is already there and make the commentary my dynamic. Ex: NBA 2k11

# 143 countryboy @ 12/19/10 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
And that is why you are not gamestop material bro.
I'm not Gamestop material because I have ethics, but thats neither here nor there for this thread.

# 144 J-Unit40 @ 12/19/10 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I put in for my Spring vacation for the week of March 7th thru 11th. My boss says, "well I guess I know what day that baseball game comes out." LOL

BTW...why are we discussing the gaming industry as it pertains to the resale of video games and Gamestop's practices in a thread about the Show?
I absolutely love it. I can picture your boss saying that and I have no idea who he is or what he looks like. Thanks for the laugh CB.

# 145 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/19/10 06:27 PM
Quote:
I put in for my Spring vacation for the week of March 7th thru 11th. My boss says, "well I guess I know what day that baseball game comes out." LOL

BTW...why are we discussing the gaming industry as it pertains to the resale of video games and Gamestop's practices in a thread about the Show?
That's excellent.

And yeah, sorry, was on the subject of where to purchase and we all got carried away with Gamestop and their questionable practices.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread

Sent from the dugout using Tapatalk

# 146 Ts-Rock @ 12/20/10 10:52 PM
awesome audio! sad there was no Jason Heyward in the video, but yea, I'm excited!

# 147 Pared @ 12/21/10 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I still don't get how it matters. If the publishers have a problem with it they should do something about it. I don't blame GS/EB for it.
For me, I LOVE buying used as I have 7 days to return it for a full refund.

Game companies/Publishers have no problem releasing trash games a lot and when buying new I'm stuck with it and they got my hard earned money for a crap game.
If the publishers want to guarantee all thier games will be quality and not be turds in a box then ok...That won't happen anytime soon.

I do however totally agree about their labor policies and I've voiced that with more than a few district managers mainly due to having some friends that work there.......
Actually publishers are doing something about it, such as EA's online pass for features that are "unlocked" with a new copy purchase.

And then, we the consumer, hate EA for implementing such a thing when it's just to combat Gamestop's used sales...

# 148 DJ @ 12/21/10 02:27 PM
Quote:
That's hilarious. Good idea to take the week off, though.

# 149 kromo50 @ 12/22/10 05:56 PM
josh lewin is not the rangers play by play guy anymore. he sucked ***

# 150 Nexgenrulz @ 12/22/10 11:03 PM
Does anybody know if they are going to sell a bundle of the game w/controller? If so that would be incredible.

# 151 rodperezto @ 12/23/10 02:57 AM
About commentary, they can bring anybody you want, they can have announcers for each team and that would be sweet BUT if the commentary is not dynamic (like it is in many other sports games), it will feel stale and boring. You never hear them interact, or when they do, it feels completely staged.
That has always been my one and only gripe with the Show. I don't blame the commentators; I blame the non-dynamic commentary.

# 152 Artman22 @ 12/23/10 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
I dont care for McCarver, but I like Joe Bucks energy....The problem with Matty V is 2 fold, 1 He is a bit dull in the series but even moreso, the fact that most of his dialouge is rehashed from the previous 2 years makes the game feel very sterile and repetitious.

My personal feeling is the game needs a bit of a refresher in the commentary department.

There's nothing wrong with Buck....He'd add excitement. But there are certainly some others that are just as good if not better. Too much Matty V for too long....Thats what killed the High Heat series, too many seasons with that dull San Francisco announcer, what was his name?...McDonald or something?
I'm not too crazy about Joe buck myself, but I do agree that this game needs new commentators. Matt V is starting to get stale. I also agree that commentating needs to be more dynamic. They need to interact with one another. I've been hoping they get an entire new staff for commentating. They added Eric which is a good start.

# 153 nike31 @ 12/27/10 10:46 AM
its sounds like we have Joe Buck and Tim McCarver for color commentaor this time around.......this is awesome!!

# 154 nike31 @ 12/27/10 10:57 AM
but i did hear Josh Lewin, who used to announced play by play for the Rangers....it'll be nice to hear announcers for different teams but for the our Houston Astros we have Bill Brown and JIm Deshaies ...i wish they can have Larry Dierker back, the best Astros ever had(commentator and manager)

# 155 Blzer @ 12/27/10 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike31
its sounds like we have Joe Buck and Tim McCarver for color commentaor this time around.......this is awesome!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike31
but i did hear Josh Lewin, who used to announced play by play for the Rangers....it'll be nice to hear announcers for different teams but for the our Houston Astros we have Bill Brown and JIm Deshaies ...i wish they can have Larry Dierker back, the best Astros ever had(commentator and manager)
Now I know this wasn't SCEA's intent, but how many people are they going to fool? This is hilarious!

# 156 Yankees_CT @ 12/27/10 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Now I know this wasn't SCEA's intent, but how many people are they going to fool? This is hilarious!
I don't understand it either. Because if people played '10' they would know that announcer snippets like these are used in the game menus all the time....confusing but entertaining

# 157 rscotm2 @ 12/27/10 03:31 PM
Where do I have to pre order to get the MLB tv offer? Where is the best place to pre order from? I never usually pre order since I have a gamestop 2 blocks away.

# 158 countryboy @ 12/27/10 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscotm2
Where do I have to pre order to get the MLB tv offer? Where is the best place to pre order from? I never usually pre order since I have a gamestop 2 blocks away.
the deal is at Gamestop, so I would pre-order there.

# 159 ElroyJetson @ 12/27/10 06:49 PM
Quote:
the deal is at Gamestop, so I would pre-order there.
CB, if I preorder from GS I probably have to wait till the games released to get the mlbtv offer?

# 160 countryboy @ 12/27/10 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty199127
CB, if I preorder from GS I probably have to wait till the games released to get the mlbtv offer?
yes. Typically companies will make you wait until the game is released before giving you the pre-order bonus, especially one such as this.

I also think that Amazon.com is doing the same deal.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.