Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Skyboxer @ 12/17/10 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rase
Strech!You can put it on the booooard.Yes!!

Love the new runners window with br ability and speed
Yeah I like them too.. Some will say it takes away from the SIM aspect (visually that is) and to be honest I didn't like it at first. I always like the "Scouting" of teams I'm getting ready to play to know who does what etc... then I thought about it and realized during certain parts of games I'd pause to get a speed rating etc...

Now it's all seemless and I'll just consider it my scouts doing their job

It's actually a small yet awesome addition.

# 22 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/17/10 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yeah I like them too.. Some will say it takes away from the SIM aspect (visually that is) and to be honest I didn't like it at first. I always like the "Scouting" of teams I'm getting ready to play to know who does what etc... then I thought about it and realized during certain parts of games I'd pause to get a speed rating etc...

Now it's all seemless and I'll just consider it my scouts doing their job

It's actually a small yet awesome addition.
Exactly ... saves you from taking some immersion out by pausing during a rally, or trying to kill a rally.

# 23 Knight165 @ 12/17/10 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Exactly ... saves you from taking some immersion out by pausing during a rally, or trying to kill a rally.
Yeah...except I would have liked it to be mapped to the select button where you say hit R1 and select(or another button) and it pops up and either stays(or just stays for the duration of the button press) and disappears. Hopefully, there is an option for the runner windows that works in MoM this year that works.
I'm in the camp of...."you don't see that ish in real life...it don't belong in the game".

M.K.
Knight165

# 24 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/17/10 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yeah...except I would have liked it to be mapped to the select button where you say hit R1 and select(or another button) and it pops up and either stays(or just stays for the duration of the button press) and disappears. Hopefully, there is an option for the runner windows that works in MoM this year that works.
I'm in the camp of...."you don't see that ish in real life...it don't belong in the game".

M.K.
Knight165
Agreed!

# 25 Blzer @ 12/17/10 01:21 PM
Quote:
They look so good! Blzer had to say it twice!

Haha I don't even know how that happened, I only clicked the thing once.

But seriously, I am going bonkers over the additions/improvements. I hope they did something with the strike zone too! They are seriously batting 1.000 right now with all of the changes.

# 26 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/17/10 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Haha I don't even know how that happened, I only clicked the thing once.

But seriously, I am going bonkers over the additions/improvements. I hope they did something with the strike zone too! They are seriously batting 1.000 right now with all of the changes.
Strike zone you say...

# 27 BlackBetty15 @ 12/17/10 02:14 PM
Quote:

In that first pic...in the baserunner window...what is that little attribute above therunner. I see speed elow but what is above?

***Nevermind...baserunning baility. Nice

# 28 Skyboxer @ 12/17/10 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

M.K.
Knight165
Or:
When batting (you should know your own players but) you do the FPS look to see the stats and when pitching there's a look to base option (Like 2K had) and you'd see the stats.

OR add mic support and have everything voice activated
"Coach-Speed?" and he tells you the rating (or it pops up)

For MOM:
"Coach - Send Runner 1st" - Causes runner to steel second
"Coach - Bunt" - Batter Bunts..
"Coach - Pitchout"

OR...
OR

Just kidding....I really need the game and am losing it...

# 29 Knight165 @ 12/17/10 03:48 PM
Quote:
Or:
When batting (you should know your own players but) you do the FPS look to see the stats and when pitching there's a look to base option (Like 2K had) and you'd see the stats.

OR add mic support and have everything voice activated
"Coach-Speed?" and he tells you the rating (or it pops up)

For MOM:
"Coach - Send Runner 1st" - Causes runner to steel second
"Coach - Bunt" - Batter Bunts..
"Coach - Pitchout"

OR...
OR

Just kidding....I really need the game and am losing it...
haha...
I would love it...but the wife would put the kibosh on that RIGHT away.
I had the voice command for both Nascar and Silent Hunter hooked up.
After just a few minutes....my wife comes in....takes off my headphones and says..."I can put up with you playing games...but not with you sounding like an idiot in a room by yourself. This $&!^ stops now."(paraphrasing)
She was right.

Gotta know your limitations!
(she still looks over and just shakes her head when I talk to the monitor during my games)

M.K.
Knight165

# 30 Blzer @ 12/17/10 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Base runner ability.
Albuquerque. See, I can do it too.

Snorkel.

# 31 brettryantalley @ 12/17/10 04:35 PM
does anyone have the answer of why there's an slightly blurry outline during cut scenes? you can sort of see it in the howard pic on this thread. i've noticed it in '10 and have always wondered if it was just a graphic effect. i'm definitely not complaining, just curious.

# 32 Blzer @ 12/17/10 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettryantalley
does anyone have the answer of why there's an slightly blurry outline during cut scenes? you can sort of see it in the howard pic on this thread. i've noticed it in '10 and have always wondered if it was just a graphic effect. i'm definitely not complaining, just curious.
Yup, for depth of focus. It looks better in motion than it does on still screencaps.

# 33 H to the Oza @ 12/17/10 04:45 PM
how sick would this game be in 3d... i wish

# 34 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/17/10 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H to the Oza
how sick would this game be in 3d... i wish
It is in 3D, or do you wish about having a 3D TV?

# 35 Skyboxer @ 12/17/10 04:55 PM
Quote:
It is in 3D, or do you wish about having a 3D TV?
I'm so pumped for this!! If it helps me with depth perception at all I'll be very happy

# 36 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/17/10 04:56 PM
Quote:
I'm so pumped for this!! If it helps me with depth perception at all I'll be very happy
Oh yeah, I need to get me one of them fancy new picture frame thingamabobs.

Quick off topic question, which 3D TV do you have?

# 37 Skyboxer @ 12/17/10 05:01 PM
Quote:
Oh yeah, I need to get me one of them fancy new picture frame thingamabobs.

Quick off topic question, which 3D TV do you have?
None..... So I've been looking and looking . Leaning towards Panasonic... But the Samsung one I looked at was pretty sweet to. I get one in February so it will be before I get The Show....Hoping price drops down a tad also but either way I'll have one regardless.

# 38 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/17/10 05:06 PM
Quote:
None..... So I've been looking and looking . Leaning towards Panasonic... But the Samsung one I looked at was pretty sweet to. I get one in February so it will be before I get The Show....Hoping price drops down a tad also but either way I'll have one regardless.
Same here, was looking at about February to get one. And you talking about the Panny and Sammy Plasma 3D? Or LCD?

I know the Plasma 3D they said wither either one give some of the best 3D picture, and price is not bad.

# 39 PVarck31 @ 12/17/10 07:31 PM
These look amazing. I love the first screen with both teams lineup and Ross' pic on there. Thats freakin realism.

# 40 Irrational_LA @ 12/17/10 07:59 PM
I really like it so far.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.