Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Joey @ 12/29/10 12:37 PM
Ok, I conceed, mechanics are a valid topic in a thread titled "MLB 11 The Show Screenshots". You win, I'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
Hmmm, perhaps its because some things can cover more than one specific topic. In this case the mechanics need to be improved AND it is something that can make the game less stale. Doesn't really matter if you think it needs to be re-hashed or not, if the post is on topic for the discussion there aint a thing wrong with it. If you dont feel like reading it dont read it. ANY thread/post that pertains to MLB the show is a valid thread/post.

# 82 AtlBraves09 @ 12/29/10 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
Those Screenshots don't do anything or me.
They look the same models and equipment as in 09, with better lighting.
They are using the same cleats and Ryan Howard has the same sunglasses model as he had in 09.
Have you seen the screen shot comparison thread? I assume you havent because you would not have posted that comment. If fact, it has a Ryan Howard screen in there. Take a look and get back to me.

# 83 Pared @ 12/29/10 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
I think I saw that one to capt obvious. My post wasnt soely about animations, it was a reply to the argument about buying the "same" game every year and some posts about nothing being better. I get tired of hearing that there is very little or nothing to improve on so I wanted to point out a MAJOR area that needed to be improved on that would go a long way on not making the game feel stale every year. Regardless of if there is a thread on animations or not, the post was on topic for the discussion, but hey, at least you look cool on an interent message board.
Enough with this as it's completely unnecessary. He said it to get the conversation from straying off-topic which you are doing even more at this point.

Back on topic please.

# 84 wrigleyville33 @ 12/29/10 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Same models? Ok man.

Sent from the dugout using Tapatalk
They aren't new models at all. You can say they are improved. SCEA was implying that we would be seeing brand new player models. They didn't say they were going to just improve them.

# 85 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/29/10 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
They aren't new models at all. You can say they are improved. SCEA was implying that we would be seeing brand new player models. They didn't say they were going to just improve them.
What? They are brand new skeletal structures built from the ground up.

# 86 Blzer @ 12/29/10 02:23 PM
Quote:
The model is the skeleton, not the jersey texture and all that which you see on the outside. Proportionately, all of the models have been redone to mold that of a human much more accurately.

# 87 PLite14 @ 12/29/10 02:48 PM
I think the people who expected the new player models to be something revolutionary are bound to be disappointed. The fact of the matter is they already looked pretty darn good, and if they did actually re-do the entire skeleton, we will only see small improvements pertaining to the things many have complained about the last couple years (shoulders, 'T-rex' arms, etc).

# 88 Pared @ 12/29/10 03:12 PM
Quote:
I believe they are all new.

Let me ask you something - do you expect them to look radically different? Why would you state they "aren't new models at all?" Would you expect them to not look human?

It's a ridiculous argument that really doesn't need to be this difficult.

The player models look better - yes or no?

# 89 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/29/10 03:15 PM
Yes, yes they do. As others have made clear, they did not need to alter much. It is not like they went from Mario All Stars to real human proportions. What they tweaked in the new models makes them look amazing. No baseball game has ever looked so real.

# 90 wrigleyville33 @ 12/29/10 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I believe they are all new.

Let me ask you something - do you expect them to look radically different? Why would you state they "aren't new models at all?" Would you expect them to not look human?

It's a ridiculous argument that really doesn't need to be this difficult.

The player models look better - yes or no?
Really? I feel you are getting the wrong impression from my posts and are blowing them up. Yeah I want them to be aliens. You got me. The fact of the matter is, is that I was anticipating different body types. For example, everyone in the game right now looks like they have the same structure. In real life, there is a variety from the out of shape (Prince Fielder) players to the extremely muscular athletic guys. When they talked about new player models, I thought there was going to be a more realistic portrayal of the body types. All the players have the same body type. That is why these upgraded current player models aren't new.

# 91 countryboy @ 12/29/10 09:06 PM
sometimes I wonder if my game and what I see is different than others. Maybe it wasn't as drastic was what you are wanting, but I noticed different body types in last year's game. I could tell a difference in say, Prince's body type vs that of Ryan Braun.

I could tell a difference in body type from Brendan Ryan and Albert Pujols.

And I love the "this is why these upgraded player models aren't new" comment. Thats classic.

# 92 Blzer @ 12/29/10 09:53 PM
No, last year's would have been an issue though. They literally had different body types, but if you made a short and heavy guy he would be strangely wide and stretched out, but then compressed in height. It wasn't a proper way of making somebody who would be like that. I believe this year we will see that actual difference and it will be proper.

# 93 wrigleyville33 @ 12/29/10 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
No, last year's would have been an issue though. They literally had different body types, but if you made a short and heavy guy he would be strangely wide and stretched out, but then compressed in height. It wasn't a proper way of making somebody who would be like that. I believe this year we will see that actual difference and it will be proper.
Yeah that was what I was getting at. I hope when more screen shots come, the difference will be more noticeable.

# 94 Joey @ 12/30/10 12:05 PM
Maybe I should go back and watch the trailer again, but I was thinking CC looked more rotund than in previous editions. I think the screenshot comparisons show a definite difference in body structure/types for this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.