Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Per Ian Cummings Twitter feed. All based off of real players, not AI.

Quote:
"This is pretty awesome...I got an export of all plays run (ever) in Madden 11, and their avg yards gained. Top 50."

It's actually 49 Ian.

Ian goes on in his Twitter feed, stating the top play has only been run 14 times.

Quote:
"That version of FL Drag Under has apparently only been called like 14 times, with 2 interceptions."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Senator Palmer @ 12/22/10 04:48 PM
This is pretty cool. My favorite is number 30, but there is one thing very telling that I hope is addressed. There's only one play-action play on the whole list.

# 2 J-Unit40 @ 12/22/10 04:49 PM
That is pretty cool. I guess the FL Drag Under is that much better than the rest. Not many PA plays on that list. LOL

I don't play Madden all that much, but that is a really nice set of statistics.

# 3 Sausage @ 12/22/10 04:53 PM
If I am correct majority of those plays go to the slot receiver or have a slot receiver running some sort of "over the middle pattern". I hope they see this as a an area that needs work and that is "slot receiver abuse".

What you guys think? Anybody have trouble stopping a "slot receiver abuser" online?

# 4 at23steelers @ 12/22/10 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
If I am correct majority of those plays go to the slot receiver or have a slot receiver running some sort of "over the middle pattern". I hope they see this as a an area that needs work and that is "slot receiver abuse".

What you guys think? Anybody have trouble stopping a "slot receiver abuser" online?
Exactly!! I don't like this thread. It should be renamed: "Cheesers need more help at exploiting the AI, view this thread." Now those people can try all these plays that work well, and add them to their gameplan and call them every time. Wonder if Steve will take my advice!

# 5 USF11 @ 12/22/10 05:13 PM
I think it comes down to the fact zone defense is broken.

# 6 CreatineKasey @ 12/22/10 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage

Yeah drags/shakes/slants. I wouldn't call it abuse, I'd just say now you know where to play user D! The middle zones are pretty garbage against inside routes for whatever reason.

# 7 adembroski @ 12/22/10 09:19 PM
This one's weird...

http://twitpic.com/3ii95x

Most frequently called plays. The most frequently called offensive plays are almost all averaging negative yards.

Sounds like there are a lot of idiots playing Madden:P

# 8 Jono078 @ 12/22/10 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
This one's weird...

http://twitpic.com/3ii95x

Most frequently called plays. The most frequently called offensive plays are almost all averaging negative yards.

Sounds like there are a lot of idiots playing Madden:P
Or sounds like Gameflow isn't doing a good job :P

Very cool stats, although they mean nothing for me, I'm the ask Madden / Gameflow player.

# 9 realone504 @ 12/23/10 02:01 AM
ok im gonna ask this what playbook is FL Drag Under in if is not in the playbook that i use thin im not gnna use it

# 10 Cardot @ 12/23/10 10:43 AM
I really like the fact that they are doing this analysis. My biggest gripe with EVERY video football game that I have ever played is that the playbooks are riddled with too many plays and pass routes that are either overly successful or doomed to fail. I am optimistic that this will lead to good things future editions.

# 11 Cardot @ 12/23/10 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
if you guys watch real NFL games you'd see a lot of passes completed are on crossing routes or option routes where teams find areas in a zone and sit. Watch the Patriots, they live off of that. If you play zone on them they find the hole in the zone and sit and Brady finds the guy. If its man to man they run a lot of crossing routes because its harder to cover man to man.

So just because crossing plays are completed the most doesnt mean there is something wrong with the game or the zone coverage in the game is broken. If you watch real football you'd see crossing routes, option routes, drags and slants are the easier passes to complete instead of out routes where you have to throw to the sideline or deep balls where the defender has more time to cover. Theyre the hardest routes to cover. Its common sense.
Not that average 18 yards per attempt. If there was, then teams would run that play every down.

# 12 Senator Palmer @ 12/23/10 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
Where are the Run plays?
I was thinking the same thing. So much for that improved run blocking.

# 13 Palo20 @ 12/23/10 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
Where are the Run plays?
This is realistic. Avg yds/att in the NFL is around 7 and avg yds/rush is around 4. Makes sense that passes would average more yards.

If there was a run on this list I think there would be a problem.

# 14 Senator Palmer @ 12/23/10 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
This is realistic. Avg yds/att in the NFL is around 7 and avg yds/rush is around 4. Makes sense that passes would average more yards.

If there was a run on this list I think there would be a problem.
Okay, I think I got this one mixed up with the other thread of plays called.

# 15 Shinyhubcaps @ 12/26/10 03:01 AM
Very, very interesting stats! I don't play Madden, but it's great to see this kind of stuff. More interesting yet is that the top play was only called 14 times. Is it that buried in the playbook, or is it immune from Gameflow, or something else?

# 16 Blue_Monkey @ 12/26/10 10:11 AM
I hope the result of this is making money plays counterable, especially against the CPU (I know the list was about online but online is unplayable).

Don't make crossing routes impossible for no reason, make it so the CPU sees what you're doing (percentage of plays called recognition, if really advanced combine it with avg yards gained).

If you keep calling slot crossing routes or whatever it is, CPU should legitimately start mirroring that route and/or doubling the slot.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.