Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 41 DaveDQ @ 01/16/11 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
The deal, yo, is that 99% of EA's market could care less about the intros and corner men. I guarantee you they have data showing how often it is skipped, not just in this game, but all sports games.

That's why a "feature" of TW 12 is the improved ability to just get in and play golf.

I'm not going to argue that what you want wouldn't be cool. But there is no way it translates to greater sales. Zero chance.
I agree it won't translate into sales, but to have the same looking corner team, doing the same gestures, is almost blatant in how obvious it is that little is given to the presentation of this particular game.

# 42 Phobia @ 01/16/11 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I agree it won't translate into sales, but to have the same looking corner team, doing the same gestures, is almost blatant in how obvious it is that little is given to the presentation of this particular game.
Agreed, and my first question when we got to community day was....."Will we see NBA2k11 presentation in game"... They said "NO". Not because they don't want to do it, but because they wanted to focus on gameplay. They said once they get gameplay ironed out then like all other EA sports games. They will then work on the "smaller" bullet points such as presentation.

I agree presentation is extremely important and was my #2 most wanted improvement. With #1 being gameplay. They are focusing on my #1 so I can't complain to much about lack of presentation. Because the game has to be fun to play first. If the gameplay is not up to par, then no matter how great your presentation is. It won't get seen if the game does not get play time cause gameplay sucks.

# 43 fistofrage @ 01/18/11 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Agreed, and my first question when we got to community day was....."Will we see NBA2k11 presentation in game"... They said "NO". Not because they don't want to do it, but because they wanted to focus on gameplay. They said once they get gameplay ironed out then like all other EA sports games. They will then work on the "smaller" bullet points such as presentation.

I agree presentation is extremely important and was my #2 most wanted improvement. With #1 being gameplay. They are focusing on my #1 so I can't complain to much about lack of presentation. Because the game has to be fun to play first. If the gameplay is not up to par, then no matter how great your presentation is. It won't get seen if the game does not get play time cause gameplay sucks.
So then why would they go spend all the resources on a Story Mode if the rest of the gameplay including legacy was still lacking.

The obvious answer is because they thought a Prizefighter II mode would bring more sales and that's fine, but don't say they wanted to focus on gameplay first when they went out on a limb and added an entirely new mode that I personally think adds very little value to the product(meaning, I don't think very many people will buy a boxing game because there is a stroy mode included, the decision to buy the game WILL be on presentation, gameplay, and online and legacy features.)

# 44 JohnnyRu31 @ 01/18/11 04:45 PM
FAIL!!! The entrances and intro's in boxing are super important for realism. Especially in the big fights. That's why Michael Buffer is a multi millionaire. The big fights just don't seem "big" enough with these bare bones intro's. They really could have at least had some fighter specific commentary to accompany the fighters in to the ring. That would have gone a long way. The fact that every fighters intro is based entirely on what ever you put in the create a fighter screen is lazy imo.

# 45 statum71 @ 01/18/11 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
The deal, yo, is that 99% of EA's market could care less about the intros and corner men. I guarantee you they have data showing how often it is skipped, not just in this game, but all sports games.

That's why a "feature" of TW 12 is the improved ability to just get in and play golf.

I'm not going to argue that what you want wouldn't be cool. But there is no way it translates to greater sales. Zero chance.
I disagree.

Great presentation, even the smallest of details add up to bring the game "to life" sort of speak. This is why The Shows and 2K's of the world are kicking EA's backside.

Catoring to gamers that think like you are the reason all of EA's games are so far behind: "If we can only nail our gameplay.....yada, yada. Gamers won't notice anyway......."

By the way...the games with good gameplay AND fine details are selling pretty good.

# 46 statum71 @ 01/18/11 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
So I guess it'll be years before any EA Sports game starts to improve presentation? Since they're waiting to profect gameplay and are still a ways away.

Gosh...by that time other games will be out this world.

# 47 Vast @ 01/18/11 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
So then why would they go spend all the resources on a Story Mode if the rest of the gameplay including legacy was still lacking.

The obvious answer is because they thought a Prizefighter II mode would bring more sales and that's fine, but don't say they wanted to focus on gameplay first when they went out on a limb and added an entirely new mode that I personally think adds very little value to the product(meaning, I don't think very many people will buy a boxing game because there is a stroy mode included, the decision to buy the game WILL be on presentation, gameplay, and online and legacy features.)
This. A story mode is not going to convince you to buy a boxing game, if you don't like boxing games. End of story.

If i don't like FPS and shooting **** with guns; it's not going to matter if Christopher Nolan or any great writer writes for the next Call of Duty game. I'm still not going to buy the game.

We the people (who want another boxing game). Are the people you should be trying to cater to. We will buy the game(maybe multiple copies) tell our friends. Take it to their houses to play; which inturn could have them buy the game.
Internets will be a buzz about how amazing and realistic the gameplay is. How in depth and rewarding the legacy mode is.

If a game is great, more often than not; people will buy it. If you're going to add a gimmick. Add one that relates to the sport and one people have requested. ala Michael Jordan in 2k11 or Mike Tyson in Fight Night 4.

One other thing.

Since when has presentation become such an enormous task it has to wait decades to be improved?

It just hit me now. The reason, is because Fight Night is (outside of regular gameplay) all cutscenes.
So they'd have to redo all their cutscenes to change the presentation.

They need to be like 2k11 and the show and make everything real time. It's still not much of an excuse because boxers road 2 on psp has better presentation.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.