Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Sausage @ 01/04/11 09:29 PM
I'm excited, but I usually love anything boxing. I just hope the gameplay is improved over R4.

# 2 JayBee74 @ 01/04/11 10:21 PM
some R rated language I see.

# 3 DaveDQ @ 01/05/11 11:32 AM
I'm all in with the story line. I think it's a nice fit for a boxing game. I have no problem with it and it looks like they are doing a good job with it.

# 4 Motown @ 01/05/11 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I'm all in with the story line. I think it's a nice fit for a boxing game. I have no problem with it and it looks like they are doing a good job with it.
I prolly won't touch this mode.

# 5 myownsun @ 01/05/11 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Looks great. Can I get a demo immediately please.
Agreed and the trailer was Muy bueno!

# 6 Phobia @ 01/05/11 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
this game doesnt look like much of an improvement or all that different than the last game so i wont waste my time or money on this game.
Wow when did you play it????

Because when I played it I thought it had many improvements over FN4, and I was not a huge fan of FN4. I found there to be many improvements to the game which made me enjoy it. I did not want to put it down and I can't wait till my copy arrives.

But hey since you played it and made your opinion after playing the game, then I can't fault you for your decision

# 7 Vast @ 01/05/11 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Wow when did you play it????

Because when I played it I thought it had many improvements over FN4, and I was not a huge fan of FN4. I found there to be many improvements to the game which made me enjoy it. I did not want to put it down and I can't wait till my copy arrives.

But hey since you played it and made your opinion after playing the game, then I can't fault you for your decision
Well when Money came back from the Fight Night 4 community event, he was talking about how great the Legacy mode was and we all now how that turned out.
He also said that the retail version of the game changed for the worse, compared to the version he played at CE.

So after you get your free copy of the game, please let us know if you're still singing the same tune.

This Champion mode just seems silly, it seems you are forced to lose at some point, Like Rocky 3 so you can make that dramatic comeback win.

# 8 Phobia @ 01/05/11 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Well when Money came back from the Fight Night 4 community event, he was talking about how great the Legacy mode was and we all now how that turned out.
He also said that the retail version of the game changed for the worse, compared to the version he played at CE.

So after you get your free copy of the game, please let us know if you're still singing the same tune.

This Champion mode just seems silly, it seems you are forced to lose at some point, Like Rocky 3 so you can make that dramatic comeback win.
When I get my free copy, I also get it early. I will be doing HD videos(complete fight videos start to finish) for you guys to see and get your perception of the finished product.

# 9 DaveDQ @ 01/05/11 05:14 PM
Quote:
When I get my free copy, I also get it early. I will be doing HD videos(complete fight videos start to finish) for you guys to see and get your perception of the finished product.
Very nice.

# 10 Phobia @ 01/05/11 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Very nice.
Yea, lets all pray they don't prevent me with some embargo until the day of release. But I would think a day or two before I should be able to release full videos.

# 11 Vast @ 01/05/11 05:34 PM
Quote:
Yea, lets all pray they don't prevent me with some embargo until the day of release. But I would think a day or two before I should be able to release full videos.
Thanks man. Looking forward to it. Barring an embargo of course.

# 12 Phobia @ 01/05/11 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Thanks man. Looking forward to it. Barring an embargo of course.
Good to hear it man, stay in touch bud

# 13 jjsmitty34 @ 01/06/11 09:35 AM
Honestly, can we get some real training and diet management aspects of boxing.

Maybe we could make our own championship mode, where you take your created fighter through a career.

We could call it career mode or something. You could take a young boxer and develop him or her into a champion..

Hmmm, now that sounds fun...

# 14 Money99 @ 01/06/11 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmitty34
Honestly, can we get some real training and diet management aspects of boxing.
I spoke to the developers about that during my time 2 years ago and Brizzo told me he was against it. His reasoning was, "I hate dieting or watching my diet in real life, why would I want to do that in a video game".

I understand his line of thinking but there are millions of people out there who hate farming that play that ridiculous Farmville every day.
My wife begged me to build her some nice flower beds so I dragged 10 super-heavy rairload ties, dug them into the ground and then filled up the back section of my lawn with dirt so she could have her precious gardens. And for what? It looks like Vietnam in my freaking backyard. Yet there's my wife, who can't be bothered to pull a weed to save her live, spending hundreds of hours fake planting and harvesting on our Mac.

There are ways to make weight management fun. And if someone doesn't like that aspect, then do like VB2 and give the user a CPU controlled doctor who does it for you.

Having control over your weight, along with including all the weight classes, would bring an immense amount of depth to the game.
Imagine having to fight with your weight as you get older? Or having a rival duck you by moving up in weight?
Do you venture northward knowing your speed and power would not translate as well in order to get a title-shot?
Would you try to cut your weight in order to avoid a monster in your own division?
Or just to attempt the challenge of gaining multiple belts as you mow down champions from featherweight to welterweight.

The possibilities are endless and I believe EA shouldn't wave the thought entirely.
Besides, some people love the school builder features that NCAA has. People will spend dozens of hours designing their uniforms or stadium. Who's to say other people won't get a kick out of managing their fighters diet and fitness with the same amount of gusto?

# 15 Jukeman @ 01/06/11 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I spoke to the developers about that during my time 2 years ago and Brizzo told me he was against it. His reasoning was, "I hate dieting or watching my diet in real life, why would I want to do that in a video game".

I understand his line of thinking but there are millions of people out there who hate farming that play that ridiculous Farmville every day.
My wife begged me to build her some nice flower beds so I dragged 10 super-heavy rairload ties, dug them into the ground and then filled up the back section of my lawn with dirt so she could have her precious gardens. And for what? It looks like Vietnam in my freaking backyard. Yet there's my wife, who can't be bothered to pull a weed to save her live, spending hundreds of hours fake planting and harvesting on our Mac.

There are ways to make weight management fun. And if someone doesn't like that aspect, then do like VB2 and give the user a CPU controlled doctor who does it for you.

Having control over your weight, along with including all the weight classes, would bring an immense amount of depth to the game.
Imagine having to fight with your weight as you get older? Or having a rival duck you by moving up in weight?
Do you venture northward knowing your speed and power would not translate as well in order to get a title-shot?
Would you try to cut your weight in order to avoid a monster in your own division?
Or just to attempt the challenge of gaining multiple belts as you mow down champions from featherweight to welterweight.

The possibilities are endless and I believe EA shouldn't wave the thought entirely.
Besides, some people love the school builder features that NCAA has. People will spend dozens of hours designing their uniforms or stadium. Who's to say other people won't get a kick out of managing their fighters diet and fitness with the same amount of gusto?

Exactly, lame excuse man...

Even if you let the trainer automatically take care of your diet, money should play a role in hiring better personal...

# 16 Vast @ 01/06/11 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99

Having control over your weight, along with including all the weight classes, would bring an immense amount of depth to the game.Imagine having to fight with your weight as you get older? Or having a rival duck you by moving up in weight?

Great, great post Money! Brizzo's stance on dieting is very lame and close minded. Sure in our everyday life we don't want to worry about dieting and watching our weight, but for Professional Boxers it's one of the most important aspects of the job.

I'm not a game developer so i haven't sat down and tried to figure this out, but it wouldn't take me longer than a week to come up with a fun way to incorporate dieting into the game.
for example maybe have sliders for protein, water, carbs. reduce a slider to lose weight in a certain category x's the amount of days = a certain amount of weight loss or watever.(this is just off the top of my head).
Reduce the water slider to lose water weight while keeping muscle and fat etc. Or hire a doctor to do it for you like Money said.

Be as authentic to the sport as you can. Period. No excuses.

There is absolutely no excuse at this point for not having trainers in the game. A trainer who specializes on defens, a trainer who specializes in head movement and body combos etc.

It's ignorant to say or think, "I don't like doing this in real life, why would i want to do it in a videogame?"
Will Wright is damn near a billioinaire because he didn't think the way Brizzo does. SimCity and The Sims say Hello.

# 17 supafly03 @ 01/06/11 04:21 PM
That video sure looks nice.

Can't wait for the Demo and March 1st, when the game will come out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.