Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/07/11 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
That's fine. I appreciate the input.

I just hope it's not pressing down on it (R3) because I hate that button...lol. If it's pulling/pushing it in a different direction, then I think that's the best way to go about it).

Hopefully that will eliminate (or at least improve) the horrible delay when pulling off of a bunt in this game.
You may hold a shoulder button while pressing up on the stick and direction you want to influence the bunt.

Not 100% sure as well, but you will find out soon enough!

# 82 nemesis04 @ 01/07/11 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605

Hopefully that will eliminate (or at least improve) the horrible delay when pulling off of a bunt in this game.
That has been a pet peeve of mine as well. I always get rung up for a strike as I can never pull back in time it seems.

# 83 Shakedowncapo @ 01/07/11 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

Contact (i.e. just trying to make contact, slapping at it, whatever)
If it can be a button to give you more control over your batting, like with a man on first(polanco at the plate) you could better aim a hit in the gap between 1st-2nd...Then I love the idea. Just when I first seen contact, I was hoping it wasn't a fight off pitches button.

# 84 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/07/11 04:54 PM
Quote:
Triangle is the new Bunt I believe.
Thank you that's all I was trying to ask..Sorry about all the confusion

# 85 bcruise @ 01/07/11 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
That has been a pet peeve of mine as well. I always get rung up for a strike as I can never pull back in time it seems.
Yeah, me too. Plus the view of the pitch coming in sometimes gets obstructed by the player to where you literally have to guess whether it's going to be a strike or not before the ball is released. Fortunately it's always been really easy to make some kind of contact.

# 86 Skyboxer @ 01/07/11 05:02 PM
I can't find the video... I clicked the link and it goes to the trailer. I see the gameplay one but when I click it it says not found.

# 87 Heroesandvillains @ 01/07/11 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I can't find the video... I clicked the link and it goes to the trailer. I see the gameplay one but when I click it it says not found.
Try post #51 (top of page 6).

I had the same problem too.

# 88 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/07/11 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
If it can be a button to give you more control over your batting, like with a man on first(polanco at the plate) you could better aim a hit in the gap between 1st-2nd...Then I love the idea. Just when I first seen contact, I was hoping it wasn't a fight off pitches button.
You may be on the right track.

# 89 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/07/11 05:15 PM
I'll try one more time since Enigma removed the part about bunting from his post

Can anyone confirm if triangle is now used for bunting on CLASSIC now that circle is contact ??

# 90 Heroesandvillains @ 01/07/11 05:16 PM
Man, I can really tell the difference in how the pitch is released. It's so much easier to track the ball to the plate (in the video, at least). In a good way.

Maybe this year I'll be able to smack around some sliders...(crosses fingers)...or some change-ups!

# 91 Skyboxer @ 01/07/11 05:16 PM
Quote:
They use 2xAA in the game. Have been every year. I fail to see where there are "jaggies" everywhere in a 320p video.

Sent from the dugout using Tapatalk
Ok found the video..and looks great to me. Would rather see it on my tv but I guess this will do lol

# 92 bp4baseball @ 01/07/11 07:54 PM
Another little thing I noticed was after the strikeout the catcher stood up and pointed out to the infield how many outs there were...looked really good.

# 93 AtlBraves09 @ 01/07/11 08:24 PM
Rollins stance looks pretty darn good to me, I was just watching a video of him hitting and I didn't see much of anything wrong with it. So far, they are spot-on with nearly every stance from the videos.

# 94 Greene_Flash03 @ 01/08/11 12:09 AM
Looks really good. I'm sure with the new controls, this game would be even better! However, I'd like to see new camera angles on replays and even on cutscenes..

# 95 Blzer @ 01/08/11 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
Looks really good. I'm sure with the new controls, this game would be even better! However, I'd like to see new camera angles on replays and even on cutscenes..
Amen to that. I can't remember what game it was, it might have been MVP 2005 or MLB 2K7, but they touted that every cut scene/replay camera position would be of one that you would see in a regular stadium. So for instance, there wouldn't be any special panning or invisible on-field cameras like right in front of home plate, etc.

Authenticity is the number one most enticing thing to capture in sports games; this change would be a big boost toward that ultimate goal.

# 96 Russell_SCEA @ 01/08/11 03:50 AM
You guys got all that info from a one minute video lol. Anyway I'll answer what I can.

1. The build I brought to CES with me is current up to last week. Like every year a lot of batting/pitching stances and presentation stuff goes in the game extremely late.

2. I'm on the sticks I was striding just for show GT recorded over 10 minutes of footage I can't control what they choose to show.

3. With the addition of contact swing bunting has been moved to triangle. If you are using pure analog batting bunting is done by pressing up (not in) on the R analog stick. You influence your bunt by using the swing influence feature that has been in the game for years.

# 97 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/08/11 04:27 AM
Ramone thanks for answering my question about bunting with classic controls

# 98 Dazraz @ 01/08/11 04:37 AM
Looking silky smooth. Let's have some sound next time.

# 99 Bellsprout @ 01/08/11 04:48 AM
It would make more sense, to me anyways, instead of having up on the stick control bunts and having to influence it before the pitch to make left/right the bunt motion and completely cut out having to influence the bunt beforehand. Obviously that would mean that pushing the stick left would be a bunt left and pushing it right would be bunt right.

# 100 LastActionHero @ 01/08/11 09:43 AM
Can you guys check if we can finally save exhibition games this year.
Probably not many people care about that over here but I would be very happy

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.