Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Fast forward to roughly the 29:00 minute mark.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 wrigleyville33 @ 01/09/11 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I don't like saying this, but I think sometimes there are so many people on here who say that things look fine (or beyond exceptional, for that matter) that they might not feel a need to improve on it. Normally SCEA improves on those things despite what people say about them like player models, which is a good thing... they rarely settle if they don't have to.

Hopefully the ball's release will be one of those things as well, but I have a feeling that this will be harder to fix than you think. The ball is just another programmed calculation, so I don't think it can necessarily "just come out anywhere." It has an apex and a goal to reach, and if they change it up per pitcher it might throw everything out of whack.
I couldn't agree more with you. I do like how SCEA improves what has already been glamored by the community. When I criticize this game, people go out and say this game isn't for me and tell me to play the other game. While I really want to make the game better, when they fail to realize I bought a ps3 just for this game.

# 42 Knight165 @ 01/09/11 06:50 PM
Actually, I think it works both ways.
Too much love....too much whinin'(way too much).

M.K.
Knight165

# 43 keys4 @ 01/09/11 06:53 PM
Now this is how a sports simulation is suppose to look, and play!. I know we are talking about baseball here, but I dont understand for the life of me why arguable one of the most popular sports in the country right now in football, has the worst sports game. Madden step your game up, this is ridiculous how MLB the show looks damn near flawless, and ea has been making Madden for years, and still cant get it right !. If your gonna have the rights to the game and make it a monoply. You could atleast try to put some effort into the game, and stop ripping people off this is a shame and embarrassing for EA.

# 44 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/09/11 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

M.K.
Knight165
We just love to whine!

# 45 Knight165 @ 01/09/11 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
We just love to whine!
Really?
I didn't notice.

M.K.
Knight165

# 46 Skyboxer @ 01/09/11 06:59 PM
Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
Agree.....
For me it's no secret baseball is my main love of all the sports.
It's more than a game to me.
I love The Show and while I think it's simply beautiful and can not wait to play it I also understand it can always get better. I just feel the need to pick everything apart just to do it for 'cred' is an uneccesary evil. I have enough confidence in the team to keep improving the little things without needing constant nit pick postings. If there's a glaring flaw or omission then yeah I'll say something.

Not saying to not point out the little things but I never get the "looks terrible" or "no real improvement" posts.
I just can't wait to get a date I'll have it so I can throw in some vacation.

# 47 Blzer @ 01/09/11 07:04 PM
Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
You can call it whining for anyone else, but that isn't ever what I am doing and I'd appreciate it if people didn't say that about me (not saying that you are).

Let me put it this way: everyone here marvels over the improvements made year in and year out. That is a great thing. That's what I like to see. I remember when everyone was fine with no time progression and no new player models, but now we get them and suddenly they are the two most touted things in this game. It's no coincidence that they are, these are huge upgrades. There are more upgrades to see in the future, and there are people who like to point them out as soon as possible so they can get SCEA on board to look into improving on them.

You don't think I enjoy playing these games? (again, not you haha it's just a general saying) I merely point out what will make this game even better the next time around so that we can all enjoy it even more. SCEA seems to be making the right strides, but I don't think we should ever give them the idea that it's okay to settle on something when it's more than likely not (or when we would be so much more gratified if it's improved on).

# 48 countryboy @ 01/09/11 07:07 PM
Quote:
You can call it whining for anyone else, but that isn't ever what I am doing and I'd appreciate it if people didn't say that about me (not saying that you are).

Let me put it this way: everyone here marvels over the improvements made year in and year out. That is a great thing. That's what I like to see. I remember when everyone was fine with no time progression and no new player models, but now we get them and suddenly they are the two most touted things in this game. It's no coincidence that they are, these are huge upgrades. There are more upgrades to see in the future, and there are people who like to point them out as soon as possible so they can get SCEA on board to look into improving on them.

You don't think I enjoy playing these games? (again, not you haha it's just a general saying) I merely point out what will make this game even better the next time around so that we can all enjoy it even more. SCEA seems to be making the right strides, but I don't think we should ever give them the idea that it's okay to settle on something when it's more than likely not (or when we would be so much more gratified if it's improved on).
come on Blzer, you know the types of people that Knight is referring to. No reason for the long dramatic post.

# 49 countryboy @ 01/09/11 07:08 PM
Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
100% agreed.

# 50 Blzer @ 01/09/11 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
come on Blzer, you know the types of people that Knight is referring to. No reason for the long dramatic post.
Haha as I said I don't think he wasn't talking about me. However I do think that the "whiners" who are actually offering constructive criticism would just like to remind someone out there that there is some great potential for this game to veer even more towards perfection (not that any game is there, but they all would like to be).

# 51 countryboy @ 01/09/11 07:13 PM
Quote:
Haha as I said I don't think he wasn't talking about me. However I do think that the "whiners" who are actually offering constructive criticism would just like to remind someone out there that there is some great potential for this game to veer even more towards perfection (not that any game is there, but they all would like to be).
I don't think the whiners are offering constructive criticism, at least thats not who I consider whiners. And I believe that is what Knight was referring to as well.

# 52 Blzer @ 01/09/11 07:15 PM
Quote:
I don't think the whiners are offering constructive criticism, at least thats not who I consider whiners. And I believe that is what Knight was referring to as well.
oOo

Then in that case... Andres Torres has some sexy shoulders.

# 53 countryboy @ 01/09/11 07:16 PM
Quote:
oOo

Then in that case... Andres Torres has some sexy shoulders.
yes...yes he does.

# 54 dodgerblue @ 01/09/11 07:20 PM
Nice to hear about the night games, slower transitition to darkness better lighting etc. One of my biggest gripes was how much better day games have looked than night games the last couple of years.

Also, did that single up the middle seem to take longer to get to the CF to anyone? I'm hoping that is the case, better ball friction on base hits so that baserunners can advance the extra base more easily.

Also, looking forward to "easier" game play on lower modes, I love '10 but I suck at it!

# 55 Blzer @ 01/09/11 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblue
Also, did that single up the middle seem to take longer to get to the CF to anyone? I'm hoping that is the case, better ball friction on base hits so that baserunners can advance the extra base more easily.
Yes. After seeing that, the foul ball hit in dmbfan's video, and even the replay on that one triple hit at AT&T Park, it looks to be toned down.

# 56 SoxFan01605 @ 01/09/11 07:28 PM
Quote:
I agree, but I do think that there are too many times (not saying it's just The Show forum, or even exclusively an OS problem...just the nature of the interwebs and all that) where how criticism is received is based on "rep" more than context.

I've seen people list a gripe and be jumped on until someone like Knight (just using a name with obvious "cred") agrees with them and then it's suddenly okay.

I think it's important to remember that not everyone who comes on here with a request, gripe, or concern is familiar with the forum, SCEA, etc, so they might not realize some of the sore spots for certain topics...lol.

I'm not saying that applies to you or that you don't already get that CB, btw.

Anyway, more on topic, I'm very pleased with what we've seen so far, and, as usual, I'm sure we've got plenty of more goodies that will be popping up over the coming weeks.

# 57 Heroesandvillains @ 01/09/11 07:29 PM
Quote:
Yes. After seeing that, the foul ball hit in dmbfan's video, and even the replay on that one triple hit at AT&T Park, it looks to be toned down.
I noticed the same thing as well.

I know, it's not exactly "evidence"...being two plays and all.

But yeah, I'm seeing more realistic ball friction too.

# 58 SoxFan01605 @ 01/09/11 07:30 PM
Quote:
Yeah, like you said somewhere earlier, if they found a balance between 09 and 10, then it should be really good.

# 59 idesign2 @ 01/09/11 07:55 PM
Nice to see they got the World Series banner up at AT&T Park.

# 60 green94 @ 01/09/11 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblue
One of my biggest gripes was how much better day games have looked than night games the last couple of years.
Agreed - night games looked so washed out. So glad they added the longer lighting.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.