Home
Fight Night Champion News Post



This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CountryBoy74 @ 01/10/11 04:40 PM
Nice guys!!!!
 
# 2 Phobia @ 01/10/11 04:56 PM
I like it!!!

Stamina was damn near perfect at the community event. I hope it stays the same.
 
# 3 NINJAK2 @ 01/10/11 05:07 PM
That was awesome! Can't wait to see the improved footwork trailer..
 
# 4 Vast @ 01/10/11 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
That was awesome! Can't wait to see the improved footwork trailer..
lol. With soo much talk of stamina, you'd think that footspeed and movement was relevant.
Now that i think about it, this game was mode for online players. Thats why the footwork wasn't a priority, and you can create gyms online, but not offline.
 
# 5 JayhawkerStL @ 01/10/11 05:32 PM
I think this addresses multiplayer modes significantly, in a very positive way. But for offline player, I really like how the game will force you to fight strategically each round.

This is a big win!
 
# 6 davo1021 @ 01/10/11 05:35 PM
i've never been a big fan of fight night, but i gotta admit it is looking very good
 
# 7 SBartlett @ 01/10/11 06:11 PM
Very very nice!
 
# 8 ty5oke @ 01/10/11 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
I think this addresses multiplayer modes significantly, in a very positive way. But for offline player, I really like how the game will force you to fight strategically each round.

This is a big win!
Yup, couldn't agree with you more here.
 
# 9 Jukeman @ 01/10/11 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
I think this addresses multiplayer modes significantly, in a very positive way. But for offline player, I really like how the game will force you to fight strategically each round.

This is a big win!
agree, in single player even tho I fought realistic as possible I found myself relying on the Jab far to often (to score pts; jabs didnt work in FNR4 )
 
# 10 JayBee74 @ 01/10/11 08:17 PM
Impressive. Is the independent "Torso Meter" depleted by the absorption of body punches? I would have liked to see a visual of the meters.
 
# 11 Complex @ 01/10/11 08:48 PM
Ahhhhhh, Another item I suggested. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that wanted this though.
 
# 12 BlueNGold @ 01/10/11 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pereznoel1
EVERYTHING IS GOOD.BUT YOU GUYS STEAL MISSING BOXERS LIKE FELIX TITO TRINIDAD,JUAN MANUEL LOPEZ,IVAN CALDERON,MACHO CAMACHO.THEY ARE LEGEND OF BOXING.WHEN THE DEMOS IS COMING OUT IN FEB WHAT DATE.
Settle down, bud.

Anyways, this actually put my interest up a bit. This is still only a rental for me and I really don't see much of a leap from FNR4 to FNC, but hopefully it turns out good.
 
# 13 BlueNGold @ 01/10/11 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Man the stamina system alone warrants a day one purchase for me. On top of that, @pereznoel, during the dev chat they stated they're still negotiating with boxers at the moment for DLC that'll be coming after Champions is released. So there's no telling who else is going to be added.
That's cool.

I'm just disappointed with the lack of additions to Legacy. I thought this was going to be the year they went all in and made it REALLY good, like some of those Japanese boxing sims I hear mentioned around here, but at this point it just looks like a tweaked version of FNR4's Legacy. Although before the game-killing freezes, I was having a good time with it.

And I hate to use "game-killing" since I know how overused that word is now, but it was true for me in that case because once I couldn't advance any further in my career, I just ended up putting the game down and never really got back into it.

I guess it just turns me off a little that they thought they were better off focusing a solid amount of time on the Champion mode instead of Legacy or other areas. I realize they need a selling point for the game and all that, but I know most people here would have been much happier with a more in-depth Legacy mode than a story mode with a pre-determined outcome (as far as I know).
 
# 14 The Visualizer @ 01/10/11 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Impressive. Is the independent "Torso Meter" depleted by the absorption of body punches? I would have liked to see a visual of the meters.
It's also there to keep you from excessive using the lean / bob n weave. If you spam that all fight long now, you lose range of motion and aren't able to lean as far back, forward or too either side as well as your leaning being slower.
 
# 15 SteelerSpartan @ 01/11/11 01:01 AM
Hope this combined with more powerful punches will give the people who want to box a shot now in terms of Online

liked most of what I saw in that vid.......but B-Hop looked fat as He*l


The fat torsos are just such an eyesore for me.......In that Brutality trailer....Bradley was another that just looked ridiculously chunky
 
# 16 DaveDQ @ 01/11/11 06:49 AM
This is really proof they listen to the community, as stamina was a big issue in FN4. I like that certain areas of the body are targeted.
 
# 17 gameathlete @ 01/11/11 07:12 AM
EA really did a good thing with this move... Looking at this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk3XTZtyQ28) that's evidence that something had to be done regarding the lack of fatigue in some boxers... I'm not sure how the guy was doing it but his final stat numbers reflected 700+ right hooks thrown?! EA has made me smile today.. that was really my only complaint regarding the game.
 
# 18 Phobia @ 01/11/11 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Impressive. Is the independent "Torso Meter" depleted by the absorption of body punches? I would have liked to see a visual of the meters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
It's also there to keep you from excessive using the lean / bob n weave. If you spam that all fight long now, you lose range of motion and aren't able to lean as far back, forward or too either side as well as your leaning being slower.
Ahhh look someone was paying attention lol.

Yea Jay, visualizer is right. The Torso stamina is two fold. You have one side of the stamina which is tied to running around, swinging punches use stamina, and taking body shots.

Then you have the torso hidden stamina bar. Which what this does is similar to the arms that Brizzo was talking about. Just the same as if you throw only one punch over and over that arm would get tire an slow down. If you spam sways and leans........aka the body rotate spam. Then your fighters lean slows and becomes more upright.
 
# 19 BezO @ 01/11/11 09:07 AM
Sounds good with the exception of the leg region. Will legs get tired from the step, step movement or will they fix the footwork?
 
# 20 DaveDQ @ 01/11/11 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Ahhh look someone was paying attention lol.

Yea Jay, visualizer is right. The Torso stamina is two fold. You have one side of the stamina which is tied to running around, swinging punches use stamina, and taking body shots.

Then you have the torso hidden stamina bar. Which what this does is similar to the arms that Brizzo was talking about. Just the same as if you throw only one punch over and over that arm would get tire an slow down. If you spam sways and leans........aka the body rotate spam. Then your fighters lean slows and becomes more upright.
Thanks for clarifying. Can you comment on excessive pucnhes, like left/right body shots? This is what ruined FN4 online (as you know). I like that the excessive use of the same punch will get your arm tired, but what about consecutive left/right shots? Does a boxer tire the same way?

Thanks.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.