Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Anyone who spends any amount of time on Operation Sports most likely knows all about the "Madden Curse" and its legacy. The curse comes up every time a new Madden cover athlete is announced -- and with good reason. But now Electronic Arts is ready to take the curse to a whole new level. Madden Curse: The Movie.

The movie will follow a one-time Madden video game champion who is forced out of retirement just as he finds himself on the corner of the game's cover. With his face gracing that small corner, the curse hits him.

Let's be clear here: This premise makes absolutely no sense.

EA is attempting to turn this movie into a comedy, but how can someone watch a movie for 90 minutes when it is about some dude who is no longer good at Madden? The idea sounds fun enough at first I suppose -- and I'm sure most of us here would watch it -- but unless the folks at EA can think of something to spice up the plot a little bit, this movie will crash and burn.

So how can we make this movie better? Here are a few ideas to get people thinking.

Read More - Let's Chat: What should be done with the Madden movie?

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RJTurneR @ 01/18/11 12:40 PM
Quote:
So how can we make this movie better?
By not making it.

# 2 LingeringRegime @ 01/18/11 12:41 PM
Option #4.

10 Char.

# 3 roadman @ 01/18/11 12:41 PM
We must be in January.

I'll go with #4 for the Daily Double.

# 4 Kevin26385 @ 01/18/11 12:46 PM
#2 sound good on paper, but I remember most of the athletes saying they don't believe in the curse...Therefore interviewing them would be useless.

# 5 Palo20 @ 01/18/11 01:06 PM
It should be all about the fans who create wishlists on forums

# 6 fistofrage @ 01/18/11 03:45 PM
Are we sure EA doesn't have its months screwed up and thinks they are trying to pull an April fool's joke with this.

This is a waste of time and money. It's going to tank. Best case scenario it becomes a cult classic for all those greasy clowns who were on that Madden show on that bus.

Seriously though, no way this film makes money. They should use their resources more productively than this.

# 7 stp2081 @ 01/18/11 03:48 PM
#4. I'd short-sell it, if I could.

# 8 jjsmitty34 @ 01/18/11 04:38 PM
I'd say #2 would be best...

# 9 FroznYogurt @ 01/18/11 05:48 PM
#4 by far, if not that, then #2 if you can get all the players. And make it an ESPN 30 for 30.

# 10 fistofrage @ 01/18/11 05:54 PM
In all honesty, this sounds like it should be a 10 minute Kenny Mane Spoof on NFL countdown. Who in their right mind would go to a theatre to see this?

# 11 KingV2k3 @ 01/18/11 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Seriously though, no way this film makes money. They should use their resources more productively than this.
Well said...

I have zero interest in premise 1-3 and I would really, really appreciate the time, money and resources go into the game itself...

#4 FTW...

# 12 matelee @ 01/19/11 08:34 AM
# 4 a.k.a. Hand over the rights to 2k please

# 13 evad @ 01/19/11 03:55 PM
I vote #4

A bad idea all around. Sometimes I feel that EA has ADD. The word focus seems to be foreign to them.

But, now that I think about it. EA has shown a since of humor. Everytime I see a comercial for Madden 11 with that phrase "If it's in the game, it's in the game" I find myself laugh. So maybe they can make a comedy.

Of course with their track record on Madden I'm afraid that when I get the bluray of the movie every other time I watch it, it will probably lock up.

# 14 johnnyskoods @ 01/19/11 04:50 PM
LOL! When I first heard about the movie, I thought it was going to be a documentary about the various players that have been affected by the "curse" (which doesn't even exist).

When I read this and found out it was about some lame kid playing madden, I couldn't decide if I wanted to laugh or cry. Embarrassing for EA to do this.

# 15 TheGhostAPC @ 01/19/11 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
30 for 30 documentary
Best. Idea. Ever.

# 16 PGaither84 @ 01/20/11 10:41 AM
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rse-movie.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
Before everyone loses sleep over this concept.

#1 - A potential movie here would have zero impact on the development of the game. We do not know how to make movies. We've got our plans in place for Madden 12 and are marching forward on those plans regardless of whether or not somebody decides to make a movie.

#2 - This story isn't true.

Let's not get crazy about this gang. It's nothing to get excited about.

Phil
This thread is the pot and I have my spoon with me. It's time to stir up some fecal matter.

# 17 roadman @ 01/20/11 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rse-movie.html

This thread is the pot and I have my spoon with me. It's time to stir up some fecal matter.
As I said earlier, must be January.

# 18 Eski33 @ 01/20/11 11:09 PM
I enjoy any sort of movie / documentary about video games. I would rather the focus of the movie be placed on the legacy of Madden. How it started and evolved. I could care less about some perceived curse.

# 19 Exonerated @ 01/21/11 12:05 AM
I'll just download it anyway.

# 20 willrolltide @ 02/05/11 02:28 AM
I want NCAA Football 12

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.