Home
WWE All Stars News Post

Check out the WWE All Stars preview at IGN.

So far, the roster includes:
  • John Cena
  • The Rock
  • Andre the Giant
  • Bret Hart
  • Rey Mysterio
  • Triple H
  • John Morrison
  • "Macho Man" Randy Savage
  • Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
  • Big Show
  • Kofi Kingston
  • Sheamus
  • The Million Dollar Man (GameStop Exclusive)
  • Ted Dibiase (GameStop Exclusive)

Quote:
"Now, lots of games say crap like "easy to pick up but deep," but I'm happy to tell you that it looks like THQ isn't BSing us this time When I was just getting a feel for the controls, I was still pulling off fantastical stuff -- I made Rey Mysterio run up Andre the Giant's chest, leap to the top rope, and then fire off an attack. That's amazingly awesome to watch and satisfying to do. When I had built up a finisher, it was a simple pair of button presses to pull off and see Bret the Hitman Hart grab his opponent and throw him into the Sharpshooter for the KO.

As I got the hang of that stuff, the strategy and depth of the game began to shine through. When someone's grabbing for you, you can reverse it with a button press and perform the grab on them. They can reverse it as well to get a chain going. When you knock guys down, they're going to get up pretty quickly to keep WWE All Stars frantic pace, but every other time you drop an opponent, they'll glow red letting you know that you can perform a move without the fear of them popping right back up.

Layered on that base stuff are character classes. Big Men are slow but are hard to knock down, while Acrobats can connect from the top rope pretty much anywhere in the ring and run without draining their extreme signature move bar as quickly. Each class has its own pros and cons."

Game: WWE All StarsReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 8 - View All
WWE All Stars Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Nature_Boy @ 01/18/11 03:00 PM
The "Macho Man" Randy Savage is in the game? You now have my interest THQ.

# 2 jyoung @ 01/18/11 03:18 PM
Pre-order exclusives and DLC characters suck.

# 3 stephensonmc @ 01/18/11 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh

Does THQ even know what they're doing anymore?
Macho Man in THIS but not SD vs. Raw? I've already said multiple times how crap these exclusives are and what can be done with them.
They're two different games with two different budgets. I know you'd like to think things work the way we would all want them to, but they don't. SvR is a sim game that has loads of features and budget associated with that. All Stars is a new IP with a blank canvas. Macho Man was a priority for that team, and I love it!

# 4 DJ @ 01/18/11 03:33 PM
I'm curious how THQ got Savage for this game, seeing as how he wasn't in Legends of Wrestlemania.

# 5 stephensonmc @ 01/18/11 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
So THIS had a bigger budget? If you hadn't of made this game would that have increased the budget for SD vs. Raw?
Nope, they're unrelated completely. We have budget to maintain and add additional things to a huge game like SvR. When a new game (IP) comes out, they get to reprioritize whatever they want. With SvR, we can't start from scratch. Make sense?

# 6 WazzuRC @ 01/18/11 04:10 PM
Really excited for this game. Hopefully it lives up to expectations because Legends of Wrestlemania didn't for me.

# 7 CaptainZombie @ 01/18/11 04:10 PM
Why is Ted Dibiase listed twice as Gamestop Exclusive? Is that an error?

# 8 ExtremeGamer @ 01/18/11 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
Why is Ted Dibiase listed twice as Gamestop Exclusive? Is that an error?
Jr. and Sr.

# 9 stlstudios189 @ 01/18/11 05:26 PM
Macho Man OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHH

# 10 SPTO @ 01/18/11 05:36 PM
Well this game is at least a rental now.

Though watching that video of Randy Savage was a little sad. My heart broke a little.

# 11 thetrueBROSKY @ 01/18/11 06:20 PM
is macho man being in have something to do with no Hulk Hogan????? (im assuming hogan aint in b/c he's with TNA.....so maybe....)

# 12 Gramps91 @ 01/18/11 06:56 PM
This game SOUNDS cool but I absolutely HATE the art style. I have been wanting more of an arcady type wrestling game but to look like this ugh. Why can't they make the gameplay of SVR more like this and leave the art style how it is in SVR. Plain and Simple Make Day of Reckoning 3 for new consoles those games were the sh*t on gamecube if you know what im sayin

# 13 spacefunk @ 01/18/11 08:04 PM
Can you have Stephanie McMahon be Macho Man's manager? Probably not.

# 14 GnarlyKing @ 01/18/11 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature_Boy
The "Macho Man" Randy Savage is in the game? You now have my interest THQ.
This. The retailer exclusive characters makes me upset though. I wonder if since we've had a Savage DVD recently and he's finally in a WWE game again if they'll finally put him in the HoF this year?

# 15 stephensonmc @ 01/18/11 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Not entirely. This is new so you can throw more money towards legends. That bit makes sense.

BUT

If you only made one game you wouldn't have more money to work with? That's the part I don't get. I mean if you had 10 mil to make wrestling games and you threw 5 million at this and 5 at SD vs. Raw,I get the first part,you spend a million on legends in this and a million on say Universe mode in SD. If you didn't make this you wouldn't have the full 10 million for SD vs. Raw?
I understand where you're coming from, but in this industry you don't have things like a "wrestling budget" and do what you want. Every game is treated individually, not collectively or in the same genre. You don't take money from one game, and give to another. Different teams, different people involved, etc. Complicated, I know.

# 16 Streets @ 01/18/11 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
I understand where you're coming from, but in this industry you don't have things like a "wrestling budget" and do what you want. Every game is treated individually, not collectively or in the same genre. You don't take money from one game, and give to another. Different teams, different people involved, etc. Complicated, I know.
Actually, it seems pretty simple.

This game doesn't seem like it's for me. But, if you guys clean up alot of the bugginess of Universe and add a little more depth to it, I'd be all over next years SD v. Raw

# 17 Yankees_CT @ 01/19/11 10:59 AM
Definitely not for me but it looks like a pretty cool arcade game! I'll stick with SVR and just keep hoping that Macho makes it in for '12'. There are some decent CC Macho's out there but nothing that really captures him very well.....we need the real thing!!!!

# 18 thescoop @ 01/19/11 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
stephensonmc, I understand where you are coming from and respect the passion you have for your game. It is the first wrestling game I've bought in years and I am enjoying it.

That said, I won't be picking up all stars. I don't care about arcade wrestling games. I want Macho Man in SVR. Hopefully you guys can work on that for next year. I know that all your DLC has been announced for this year's game, but it would be hoot if you threw us all a coverball and added him through that to this year's game.

All in all I'd love to see a classic wwe game made that features all these legends. I know that isn't happening, but I'd rather see them in a SVR style game instead of the arcade title. Also, since you're listening please bring Hogan's leg drop back next year for CAWs.

# 19 videlsports @ 01/19/11 11:16 PM
This is gonna be fun, I'm going to get it.. March will make me happy..

# 20 Streets @ 01/20/11 12:14 AM
EG, you can add Hogan, Warrior, and Orton to the confirmed list as they are all on the box.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.