Home
Top Spin 4 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out all the new screenshots, right here.

Top Spin 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view Top Spin 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Top Spin 4Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 8 - View All
Top Spin 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 dannyr326 @ 01/18/11 04:02 PM
Looks like player models haven't changed. Hopefully gameplay/online is a lot smoother.

# 2 GrandMaster B @ 01/18/11 04:12 PM
No interest at all. Sorry. Not to diss tennis and all, but it amazes me that they can make a tennis game but still no one, wether it be 2K or EA or whoever, has come up with a bowling game (besides the motion controlled ones) that can offer online leagues and tournaments with a realistic career mode. Sorry for the rant.

# 3 lboog0680 @ 01/18/11 05:08 PM
now u know serena is far more voluptuous than that

Serena Williams catsuit Pictures, Images and Photos

# 4 rangerrick012 @ 01/18/11 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
No interest at all.
Yet you take time out to post here about wanting a bowling game. Tennis is much more popular globally and even here in the US than bowling, that alone explains it.

Back on topic - this is probably a must buy for me either way as a huge tennis fan, still a disappointment that all 4 of the slams and most of the real events aren't in, I know how hard it is to get licensing and such, but if EA could get all 4 for GST you'd think 2k might be able to as well.

Still looking good though. Most of the players shots didn't look as 'realistic' as they made them to be (Nadal wouldn't hit a jumping BH in a million years) but still hope the gameplay holds up in the grand scheme of things.

# 5 GrandMaster B @ 01/18/11 05:28 PM
Tennis more popular than bowling in the US? Really? You will have to show me some facts to support that.

# 6 rangerrick012 @ 01/18/11 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
Tennis more popular than bowling in the US? Really? You will have to show me some facts to support that.
Not sure about recreationally, but both the pro tennis tours (ATP and WTA) would be more popular than the PBA when you look at TV ratings, revenue, ticket sales, etc. It's really no argument.

# 7 jyoung @ 01/18/11 05:48 PM
Compare the number of people who attend the Bowling US Open to those attending the Tennis US Open and it's not even close.

Tennis majors also run on network television (NBC, CBS), whereas Bowling runs pretty much exclusively on ESPN and ESPN2 in the time slots where it's a programming afterthought.

As for the trailer, those animations look pretty much identical to TS 3.

# 8 JMD @ 01/18/11 05:56 PM
I haven't played a tennis game since the Xbox 1, this one looks sweet, I'm in.

# 9 jd@os @ 01/18/11 09:11 PM
No biggie, but it looks like they didn't get Agassi's serve down. I mention it because that's who I'll be playing as.

NBA 2K11 did a good job on getting a lot of the past player's moves right. They even got Bill Cartwright's shot!

# 10 aloncho11 @ 01/18/11 10:39 PM
Shouldn't Agassi be sporting Nike instead of Adidas?

# 11 Ermolli @ 01/18/11 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
Shouldn't Agassi be sporting Nike instead of Adidas?
No because during his final years as a pro tennis player he signed a deal with Adidas because the would help Agassi with his foundation

# 12 Dazraz @ 01/19/11 03:12 AM
Liking the player entrances. A nice touch. Hopefully this is a sign that the presentation elements have been improved in regards to the pre & post match areas.

# 13 tommyjesus @ 01/19/11 03:41 AM
where's pistol pete?

nice trailer though.

# 14 Armor and Sword @ 01/19/11 10:54 AM
I will be getting this title. Looks like a winner already. I was a huge fan of Top Spin on XBOX and that was the last tennis game i ever bought.

I love the roster of classic players. Borg, Lendal, Sampres, Chang, nice.

I hope the career mode is deep. Everything else looks tight. I have no worries about gameplay as Top Spin is the best IMO.

# 15 kennytomson @ 01/20/11 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Back on topic - this is probably a must buy for me either way as a huge tennis fan, still a disappointment that all 4 of the slams and most of the real events aren't in, I know how hard it is to get licensing and such, but if EA could get all 4 for GST you'd think 2k might be able to as well..
do you know what venues are in the game? unfortunately it looks like Wimbledon is still under license with virtual tennis.

# 16 rangerrick012 @ 01/22/11 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennytomson
do you know what venues are in the game? unfortunately it looks like Wimbledon is still under license with virtual tennis.
From the various trailers/screenshots, the real events I've seen are
-Australian Open
-French Open/Roland Garros
-US Open
-Indian Wells/BNP Paribas Open
-Miami/Sony Ericsson Open
-Paris Indoors/Paris Masterrs
-London 02/World Tour Finals

The others seem to be created, like some of the ones in the last game were, to mirror real tourney locations like Cincy, Rome, etc. And yes, one could assume that Wimbledon isn't in, or else it would probably be a huge deal ala Augusta in TW12.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.