Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

What you’ll see is around 10 minutes of gameplay at Miller Park (which has actually been changed since this video was shot.) This is as close to direct-feed that we could get, so the quality is a bit less than perfect. Also, the audio was removed completely as all you could hear was us idiots talking in the background. This is NOT FINAL CODE, and was actually changing throughout the week that we were there. Some things to focus on are the updated player models (no more T-Rex) and the analog controls.

(The team has given permission for me to post this video)

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dannyray64 @ 01/18/11 10:22 PM
Awesome stuff, I can't wait! Thanks for the footage!

# 2 HITTERSAURUS REX @ 01/18/11 10:29 PM
aHH.. MLB11 Gameplay footage.. (Checking out now) Thanks for posting..

Edit Post Update:
-Batter walk up Home/Away/Overall stats are a nice addition..
-Player Fielding Strength Circle indicator seems a lot brighter..
-Baserunner Window Speed/Ability indicator's are very welcomed..
-Animations, Models, Fluidity is top notch
-Shadow Coverage/Sun Exposure is very noticable..
-No Activity Cutscreens are still outstanding..
-Prince Fielder build does not look like the Marshmello Man anymore.. He's looks remarkable, Stance and all

Subject to change:
-Ball landing indicator is still huge. (Talks are it will be greatly reduced)
-Fielding Cam (Maybe Broadcast) Still looks great (Not sure if this is the tweaked version)

# 3 ProStylez @ 01/18/11 10:35 PM
BREWERS
I could be "that guy" and complain about a couple things I saw...but I won't.
Regardless this will still be the game I play for many months and will be better than MLB '10 (which I'm still playing)
Good stuff.

# 4 Shakedowncapo @ 01/18/11 10:40 PM
His stance looks good to me? http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play****p?content_id=12376953

As good as you'll get imo..

**** = . j s p

# 5 YanksFan4Life @ 01/18/11 10:50 PM
.... too bad its off screen video and no sound.... but overall good... look forward to see more...

# 6 bcruise @ 01/18/11 10:52 PM
Very nice....didn't expect full gameplay video from the event. Thanks PSNation and SCEA!

You guys probably have no idea how lucky they were to be able to capture this video - this absolutely would not have been possible at this same time last year when I went.

I don't think I'm going to be worrying too much about the throw canceling now - that seems like almost a split-second decision once you see the final circle. Not something I'd even be able to pull off on a regular basis.

Someone's going to ask, so I will - what difficulty level was it on? The pitching meter seemed pretty forgiving except for the times you missed the target badly.

# 7 sbmnky @ 01/18/11 10:59 PM
Wow! That's was bada** - thanks for the post. I know this is NOT the final build, but some cool observations.

I'm loving the look of the pitching meter - especially out of the stretch. You hang 'em, they bang 'em! 2 curveballs that you hung were ripped! That really shows how important it is to hit your spots. It also looks as though the computer is more patient at the plate by laying off strikes.

I noticed PCI when you looked at swing feedback - were you hitting via pure zone or analog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

Someone's going to ask, so I will - what difficulty level was it on?
Beat me to it!

Noticed a "We will rock you" scrolling across the electronic banner - that was pretty cool.

Thanks PSNation for taking the video (nice podcast, btw) and SCEA for allowing him to post it.

# 8 ripwalk @ 01/18/11 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
I'm not liking how Braun beats out a smash to short. The problem is the shortstop kinda hot-dogged it and the throw was late. I've seen this animation too many times in previous years.

Unless I'm missing something, it was a chopper, not a smash .. but the SS kind of waited back on it and then went into an animation as if it was a hot smash, it seemed. I could be wrong though?

# 9 PLite14 @ 01/18/11 11:14 PM
Wow. Just WOW. Everything looks so much more life-like. The way the players move seems really fluid.

# 10 Russell_SCEA @ 01/18/11 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey88
Really like how the pitching meter works. Just wondering a few things. What level were you playing on? It seems as though the ball moves down the meter really slowly making it quite easy to hit the optimal spot on the way down. Does the speed of the ball moving down get faster at the higher difficulty levels. I like how the user seems to have alot of control of where the ball is pitched. On the way down it seems to control weather the pitch will miss high or low of the intended target and on the way back up it seems like this determines if you miss inside or outside your target. I like this setup. I would imagine on HOF or Legend being off the mark a little will be very unforgiving which is good. The fielding meter seems like it will work well too. You don't have much time to cancel your throw once you see the accuracy which is awesome since you shouldn't be able to cancel everytime you see a bad throw coming. The player models look fantastic, no more short arming from the pitchers and no more t-rex arms. Fielder looked awesome, you could see his girth but he didn't just look wide like last year. Can't wait to play this game.

No the speed of the meter is determined by the pitching motions. When you increase the difficulty level it becomes increasingly harder to hit your spots. There is a random sensitivity slider built into the system. So you can't master going stright down and up to the right or left.

# 11 woz411 @ 01/18/11 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
No the speed of the meter is determined by the pitching motions. When you increase the difficulty level it becomes increasingly harder to hit your spots. There is a random sensitivity slider built into the system. So you can't master going stright down and up to the right or left.

i looked through a few of the threads.... we have an option for both hitting and pitching to either choose the new setup or the old setup right?

other then that love the vid

# 12 BatsareBugs @ 01/18/11 11:26 PM
It might just be me, but the new player models have really enhanced the look of the batting stances and the animations.

# 13 Knight165 @ 01/18/11 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
It might just be me, but the new player models have really enhanced the look of the batting stances and the animations.
...and they were still working on them when we left!

M.K.
Knight165

# 14 Knight165 @ 01/18/11 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
i looked through a few of the threads.... we have an option for both hitting and pitching to either choose the new setup or the old setup right?

other then that love the vid
Yes.

M.K.
Knight165

# 15 crains13 @ 01/18/11 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
I was thinking the exact same thing...took the words right out of my mouth.

# 16 woz411 @ 01/18/11 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yes.

M.K.
Knight165

thanks.....

# 17 PSNation @ 01/18/11 11:35 PM
- Difficulty was set to Veteren
- Miller Park actually looks better than what was in this video ;-)
- Hitting was via analog, the PCI was there to help me with my timing (shrinks if your timing is off etc)
- re: Pitching, the ball moving down the meter is directly proportional to the pitcher motion. You'll see the release line in different spots depending on the pitcher and f he's out of the stretch or not. Trust me, the analog pitching is AWESOME
- re: Fielding, once you get used to pre-loading your throw, you actually have a lot of time to cancel throws etc, it's very good once you get used to it
- All 3 control schemes can be mixed and matched at ease, also the amount of cameras available, and the fact that you can customize the cameras almost infinitely should please just about everyone.

Like Knight said, they were still working on this stuff after we left. The dedication of the MLB team impressed the hell out of me for my entire time there. You just don't see developers taking the time to listen to the gamers like these guys do, and the immense amount of time that Ramone spends with the community is truly awesome. I'll try to put another video together soon, but we're preparing for our live show this weekend, so my free time is rare this week, and each of the videos needs to be approved by the team before I can post any.

# 18 Knight165 @ 01/18/11 11:38 PM
Thank God it wasn't the "chubby" Prince!
How'd you guys like that Home/Road splits overlay?
That's the one that we saw rotate with the vsLHP/vsRHP splits

M.K.
Knight165

# 19 PSNation @ 01/18/11 11:41 PM
By the way, the "Get Up, Get Up, Get Outta Here" sign at Miller Park works now :-)

# 20 PSNation @ 01/18/11 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Thank God it wasn't the "chubby" Prince!
How'd you guys like that Home/Road splits overlay?
That's the one that we saw rotate with the vsLHP/vsRHP splits

M.K.
Knight165
LMAO! I need to find the "Before and After" shots

« Previous1234567891314Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.