Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

What you’ll see is around 10 minutes of gameplay at Miller Park (which has actually been changed since this video was shot.) This is as close to direct-feed that we could get, so the quality is a bit less than perfect. Also, the audio was removed completely as all you could hear was us idiots talking in the background. This is NOT FINAL CODE, and was actually changing throughout the week that we were there. Some things to focus on are the updated player models (no more T-Rex) and the analog controls.

(The team has given permission for me to post this video)

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 181 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/25/11 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
That's not fair to say. I can tell you that other companies do similar events... you just don't know about it.
I think you know what I meant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
he did say "most" and "rarity".

I didn't take it that he meant "no other" dev teams do it.
Exactly...

And not many at all have this type of feedback on the spot live, with the community while we are there, to try and get changes put in and correct things.

And for that I am sure most of us appreciate it!

But also, do not take it for granted, because it does not mean it can happen like that every year.

# 182 ripwalk @ 01/25/11 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyraq
Cool, is that in an '11 thread, or a '10 thread?

Yea, computer generated face would work too, I mean they do that anyway for the "new" players. You know the ones...their card picture always shows them throwing or batting right handed even though they are left handed. Or vice versa.
An 11 one. I am pretty sure it was the big long one stickied at the top of the page, but I could be wrong.

# 183 treyraq @ 01/25/11 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
If we have a scan for that player we can't generate one.
Russell, I don't follow...

Are you saying it's one or the other?

# 184 treyraq @ 01/25/11 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
An 11 one. I am pretty sure it was the big long one stickied at the top of the page, but I could be wrong.
Thanks, I'll look for it.

# 185 econoodle @ 01/25/11 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
There was already a large discussion about this already where Knight gauged interest in how many people would want the OPTION to have all generated faces instead of the real pics, so player's hats could change accordingly. That would be a much better solution than your just team logo idea.

There was a lot of support for this idea as an option, but unfortunately I don't anticipate it will make it into this year's game.

or give all the players the ol' MLB THE SHOW hat.

I remember the first time I saw those in game. I thought there was a Sony Dev team hidden in there as an unlockable but alas, there was none.

Tho on a side note, the Ramone Russell in game is in AAA right now. I am going to do my best to get him as the backup to Jesus Montero.

# 186 treyraq @ 01/25/11 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
or give all the players the ol' MLB THE SHOW hat.

I remember the first time I saw those in game. I thought there was a Sony Dev team hidden in there as an unlockable but alas, there was none.
Honestly, I would welcome that. At least in Franchise mode. And it's not just the hats in player pics that I'd like to fix, but the player picture/baseball card photo...that can go bye bye also. Does anyone stop and stare at these? It's just another couple of button presses that slow down the process of trying to look at a player's stats.
What the Roster Screen really needs is stats that pop up on screen when a player is highlighted. And not just stats but the essential specs of the player--Throwing hand, batting side, etc.

Sorry if I'm getting off-topic.

# 187 Pared @ 01/25/11 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
I'll probably regret getting in the middle of this ...but, as long as you're being a stickler, he did say "most" and "rarity".

I didn't take it that he meant "no other" dev teams do it. I know others that do, and I'd be surprised if EN didn't...
Exactly my point. Most do. And again, you just don't know about it.

# 188 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/25/11 12:32 PM
Quote:
Obviously Pared, I was referring to the community interaction/pipeline we get here on OS. So if "we do not know about it" from other development studios, then clearly it is not the same thing I was making my point about.

Of course all companies have "closed focus testing, and Q/A, etc", but again, was not what I trying to convey the appreciation for.

# 189 Pared @ 01/25/11 12:38 PM
No need to keep reiterating ourselves. My point still stands.

# 190 nymets94 @ 01/25/11 08:14 PM
does any1 know when theyre going to be new videos posted

# 191 WhiteM5 @ 01/25/11 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets94
Just a complete guess, but maybe the first working day of Feb.???

# 192 Bullit @ 01/25/11 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets94
Yes

# 193 Shaffer26 @ 01/25/11 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteM5
Just a complete guess, but maybe the first working day of Feb.???
Hopefully soon. I am getting tired of reading the same ongoing threads lol

# 194 Woodweaver @ 01/25/11 09:35 PM
Quote:
Actually, I've worked in the video game industry for over 20 years as a developer. I know all about it, and saying that most developers are involved (and have the customers involved) in the way EN was describing just isn't true.

And with that, I will say no more.

# 195 Pared @ 01/25/11 09:49 PM
If you're a developer you should be purple. Who do you work for?

In sports gaming this is no longer the case. Your 20 years has no bearance on the past 4 here at OS, where what I'm saying applies.

# 196 Knight165 @ 01/25/11 09:53 PM
Quote:
If you're a developer you should be purple. Who do you work for?

In sports gaming this is no longer the case. Your 20 years has no bearance on the past 4 here at OS, where what I'm saying applies.
Pared;

What other development house brings in a group like SCEA and has the same interaction here?
I'm curious...because I just don't see it on the boards(I will admit...I venture gingerly outside of The Show forums.)
I'd like to read their process a little!

M.K.
Knight165

# 197 Pared @ 01/25/11 09:58 PM
Most recently, EA has done this for football, basketball, hockey, soccer and boxing.

To think it's out of the realm of possibility for baseball or any other sport is being naive in today's era of sports gaming. Hell, it's even being discussed for wrestling.

# 198 Shakedowncapo @ 01/25/11 10:01 PM
Quote:
What other development house brings in a group like SCEA and has the same interaction here?
The Madden team! Oh wait, they bailed, nevermind.

# 199 Pared @ 01/25/11 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
The Madden team! Oh wait, they bailed, nevermind.
Tread lightly.

Add something to the discussion or don't post. This will not be an opportunity to take shots at any dev team. Our no tolerance policy applies everywhere.

# 200 Knight165 @ 01/25/11 10:09 PM
Quote:
Most recently, EA has done this for football, basketball, hockey, soccer and boxing.

To think it's out of the realm of possibility for baseball or any other sport is being naive in today's era of sports gaming. Hell, it's even being discussed for wrestling.
Here on O.S.?(I know....life exists outside of O.S. )...I've never seen discussions like SCEA's in those forums. Maybe I'm blind!

I'm gonna give them a read to see how they handle a CD and the forums here....Never realized.
Thanks.

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.