Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

What you’ll see is around 10 minutes of gameplay at Miller Park (which has actually been changed since this video was shot.) This is as close to direct-feed that we could get, so the quality is a bit less than perfect. Also, the audio was removed completely as all you could hear was us idiots talking in the background. This is NOT FINAL CODE, and was actually changing throughout the week that we were there. Some things to focus on are the updated player models (no more T-Rex) and the analog controls.

(The team has given permission for me to post this video)

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/11 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
I'm absolutely diggin' the lighting & ballparks fo sho. To me,some the players & umps arms are a little too long imo. It's no big deal, I certainly like the models now as opposed to previous years. Are these models the final version? thanks
cant wait 'til this drops
I think you were just so used to them being so short all these years.

# 62 PsychoBulk @ 01/19/11 11:47 AM
Glen...some great footage, thankyou for taking the time to put that together and upload it, game looks great, as ever but i do have to mention....you do like to swing at junk dont you? Some of those sliders from Santana were way wide brother! lol Just kidding, thanks once again.

Also, i know Glen (PS Nation) was pressing X all the time to skip scenes to show us more footage which was totally fine, but do the human pitchers nod their head to the catcher this year like the CPU pitchers do (it was in 09 but taken out in 10) when the pitch is selected?

Only the CPU did in this clip but im thinking (hoping) that was because the settings were setup for fast pitching? I always have mine set to slow to take my time etc.

Thanks once again.

# 63 idesign2 @ 01/19/11 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
agreed. Camera angles could be better. even the replay camera couldn't keep up with the ball hitting the wall.
One of the very, very few complaints I have about this game is the replay angle for long fly balls. The zoom is done in such a way that by the end of the play the ball is below the bottom of the screen. Gotta remember to add this fix to the wishlist for 12.

# 64 Pared @ 01/19/11 12:09 PM
I'm sure the delay is intentional because that's actually what happens in real broadcasts time to time.

# 65 Shakedowncapo @ 01/19/11 12:18 PM
Im interested to see how someone like Heyward looks in the box. The guy is just massive up close and going by these new models it should be damn cool..

# 66 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/11 12:20 PM
Quote:
haha, so true. I think the only reason I post so negatively is because I feel I am trying to point out things I would liked to be improved upon.

It's kind of like a coach after a big win talking more about how his special teams could have been better, instead of gloating at how well his offense played, so as not to let his team get complacent.

I don't mean to set a negative tone with my posts. I just feel I am not helping anyone out by stating over and over how good the lighting, player models, stadiums and textures are. These are obvious highlights of the game that have been pointed out numerous times by everyone.

I know I will enjoy the game as much as everyone else.
You handled that way to easily, you sure there is not another reason you post in the manner in which you do?

# 67 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/11 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Im interested to see how someone like Heyward looks in the box. The guy is just massive up close and going by these new models it should be damn cool..
He is Howard like beast in the box!

# 68 Perfect Zero @ 01/19/11 01:13 PM
Boy, this isn't a knock on SCEA or their staff, but the guy using the controller reminds me of myself a few years ago. When I switched over to the Show after I had enough of the Xbox, I would swing at every single pitch. Looking at that reminds me of how far I've come.

The game looks great, and I love how they've added the base running attributes to the window. Analog pitching looks really great, but I might not do analog hitting because it just doesn't fit my style. Even if they screw up the Ballpark in Arlington from what I've heard, I'll still get this game.

# 69 Knight165 @ 01/19/11 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Boy, this isn't a knock on SCEA or their staff, but the guy using the controller reminds me of myself a few years ago. When I switched over to the Show after I had enough of the Xbox, I would swing at every single pitch. Looking at that reminds me of how far I've come.

The game looks great, and I love how they've added the base running attributes to the window. Analog pitching looks really great, but I might not do analog hitting because it just doesn't fit my style. Even if they screw up the Ballpark in Arlington from what I've heard, I'll still get this game.

Ha...that was an invitee to the event.
Proby Glen.
We sent him to wash dishes and shine shoes after that AB.

M.K.
Knight165

# 70 johnnyg83 @ 01/19/11 01:42 PM
at 2:44 it looks like the #23 numbers on the back of the jersey stretch.

Now, I'm smart enough to realize how ridiculous a nitpick this is, but sewn-on numbers don't really stretch. Especially during routine wear. I have an authentic Brewers jersey in my office (don't ask) and I'm aggressively pulling on both sides of the jersey around the numbers. There is a minuscule ... repeat minuscule ... amount of stretching.

I know how this sounds but it's something that no sports game that I can recall has properly rendered.

Now back to saner posts.

# 71 Knight165 @ 01/19/11 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I would say new controls is the reason for the crappy game playing. Also Knight you should be the expert on washing dishes. . Mr. Fireman.
Ummmmm ......sorry....I'm a dinosaur now.....once you hit 15+ in the department, you don't do dishes anymore.
That's why God made probies and junior men...
I'm a mouch now.....half man...half couch
(oh how I only wish this were true...)

M.K.
Knight165

# 72 nemesis04 @ 01/19/11 01:59 PM
Quote:
I noticed Corey Hart's jersey is dirty in the replay of his first at-bat. I don't recall any dives in the dirt while he was playing the field, however, he did have a hit and most likely dove into a base in the bottom half. But the replay would have been of his first at-bat before the dive. Not a huge deal but it is noticeable.
Looks like a bug. Seems the game is pulling his current uniform condition for the end of inning recap.

# 73 DickDalewood @ 01/19/11 02:20 PM
Wow... the graphical jump is just amazing; the lighting, the player models, the textures, everything... it just looks so outstanding. And the animations and overall smoothness? Again, just... wow.

Can't wait to see more, especially via direct feed with sounds.

Thanks for posting this!

# 74 LastActionHero @ 01/19/11 02:32 PM
Finally watched it on a proper screen and I like what I see.

And all so smooth!

# 75 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/11 02:33 PM
Told you all in my write up it is better looking and so silky smooth.

# 76 LastActionHero @ 01/19/11 02:39 PM
One thing though, I know its not the final built but the shadow overcast changes rather dramatically after some pitches if you keep an eye on the shadows in the outfield...

# 77 nemesis04 @ 01/19/11 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
One thing though, I know its not the final built but the shadow overcast changes rather dramatically after some pitches if you keep an eye on the shadows in the outfield...
They were actually working on these things to make it more subtle. We saw it too.

# 78 Heroesandvillains @ 01/19/11 02:54 PM
Where's the link???

Brett...(Ha ha)...

Can you lend this ITouch user a hand? Seriously, the first post has no link.

I'll read through the thread (and delete this) if someone else posted it.

# 79 LastActionHero @ 01/19/11 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
They were actually working on these things to make it more subtle. We saw it too.
Good to know thanks.
As I recall last year the shadows progressed per batter right?
So now it's pitch count sensitive?

# 80 Heroesandvillains @ 01/19/11 03:00 PM
Okay, I see the link in PSNation's sig...

But the video itself won't give me the option to play it...

It's like the link isn't a video file at all...damn ITouch!

Could someone post it here?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.