Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

360, PS3, PC

Dynamic Player Ratings
Watch your favorite MLB® pitcher strike out the side in a real game, then watch his stats improve in your game. Dynamic Player Ratings update daily in MLB® Today, Franchise, and My Player.

Revamped Fielding System
Completely revamped fielding system, featuring improved AI, throwing meters and landing indicators to give you more control to run down a fly ball or make the play at the plate.

My Player mode
Guide your player through the Minor Leagues™ and into the history books with an improved My Player mode.

MLB Today
Stay up-to-date on the latest happenings in Major League Baseball®, with timely play-by-play commentary and stat overlays pulled from real life news and box scores.

Total Control Pitching & Hitting
The battle at the plate comes to life in the palms of your hands. Paint the corners with pinpoint accuracy on the mound, and then fight off nasty sliders until you get the pitch you’re looking for at the plate.

New player models
Amazing attention to detail captures every intricacy of the game. Enjoy completely rebuilt player models for Major League™ authenticity like never before.

Wii

Mini-Diamond
An all-new multiplayer mode set in wild venues, from a low gravity Space ballpark to a zany Circus environment. Get ready to experience fast-paced, Mini-Diamond baseball.

The battle at the plate comes to life with your Wii™ Remote and Nunchuk. With the flick of your wrist, paint the corners with pinpoint accuracy on the mound and then fight off nasty sliders until you get the pitch you’re looking for at the plate.

Home Run Derby®
Swing your Wii™ Remote for the fences against the league’s top sluggers.

Franchise
Build a championship team from the ground up over the course of several seasons, or take the reins of a perennial contender and aim for the World Series® in year one.

Tournament
Pick the teams, pick the series length and then play ball. May the best team win.

PS2

Franchise & Season
Build a championship franchise from the ground up over the course of several seasons, or take the reins of a perennial contender and aim for the World Series® in year one.

Play Online
Take your skills online and play against the best gamers in the 2K Sports community.

Home Run Derby®
Swing for the fences against the league’s top sluggers.

Manager Showdown
Think you’re a master baseball strategist? Prove it by setting your lineup, naming your starting pitcher and making all the right moves to guide your team to victory.

Situation Mode
Choose a custom situation and jump to that exact moment of the game.

PSP

Franchise & Season
Build a championship franchise from the ground up over the course of several seasons, or take the reins of a perennial contender and aim for the World Series® in year one.

Home Run Derby®
Swing for the fences against the league’s top sluggers. Play a quick head-to-head duel, or challenge them all in a tournament.

The Farm

Take a trip down to the Minor Leagues to play with future All-Stars.

Manager Showdown
Think you’re a master baseball strategist? Prove it by setting your lineup, naming your starting pitcher and making all the right moves to guide your team to victory.

DS

The battle at the plate comes to life in the palms of your hands. Paint the corners with pinpoint accuracy on the mound, and then fight off nasty sliders until you get the pitch you’re looking for at the plate.

Season & Postseason Modes
Choose between the marathon of a 162-game Season, or the sprint of the Postseason.

Unlockable Player Cards
Over 250 baseball cards to unlock as you go.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Artman22 @ 01/22/11 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
You need to remember ALL the aspects of the deal, however.

Hell, their deal allowed you to attend a community day at Sony. So I would think you'd at least be appreciative of that.

As for the tone l3ulvl, it does seem to be overly negative from anyone who is more interested in The Show. I don't care for all that... the more baseball, the better.

Call me silly and optimistic.
I didn't want to say anything, but I have to agree with you about certain people being overly negative about this game. I also agree with you the more the better.

# 102 Hapshoops32 @ 01/23/11 12:03 PM
I'm curious to see and hear how My Player goes for MLB 2K11... One of the things I've loved about the show is the RTTS - but am thinking of trying 2K11 in terms of trying something different... Like I said, I guess it's a wait and see.

# 103 yougo1000 @ 01/24/11 09:28 AM
Why can't they have MP for the wii. (They have it for NBA 2K11)

# 104 ryan36 @ 01/24/11 03:40 PM
Quote:
Why would anyone think that though? It's almost as if one should expect this group to fail.

While they haven't made all the perfect design decisions (no team has, newsflash), they certainly have improved the game enough to earn SOME respect.

The overly negative tone on this feature is unwarranted early on. If it was just banter, maybe, but the comments here lead me to believe it's more than that.
I think this game will be good! I do. It's just that progression was SO broken last year, I'd expect it to be one of the first things they said they fixed, is all.

I do think the track record warrants both skepticism and optimism. This game will no doubt be better than last year- it will improve, I don't doubt that for a second

# 105 tvman @ 01/25/11 10:48 PM
I'm hoping the online play is good. I can't even stay connected with the other game when all my other games play just fine.

# 106 bigmoe @ 01/26/11 11:00 AM
Do we know if the pitching meter can be turned "off" this year?

# 107 rudyjuly2 @ 01/31/11 05:43 AM
I want to know if they did anything to improve the sports blog from last year. That was a great feature where you could simply upload your box score after a game and then check all your player stats online. The stats were a bit limited, particularly for the pitcher but it was cool. It would be really nice if they generated a short recap of the game to load as well.

My Old sports blog: http://community.2ksports.com/commun...blogid=1003056

A video of Ichiro being a jerk:
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=2083609

# 108 econoodle @ 02/01/11 03:00 PM
I know I am in the minority here, but i'd like to see 2k give the ps3 an exclusive feature like the wii.
now i know the wii gets different features for obvious reasons whereas the ps3/360 are considered close rivals in all aspects, but i think from a 2k standpoint it would help out in trying to grab sales on that platform where they are struggling.

tho i understand xbo360 owners will be upset so i guess its not such a great idea.

exclusives for gamers who dont hav e both systems is always a sticking point.

but maybe tie it into preoder bonus's
one for each system.

i dont know, just a thought.

# 109 Pared @ 02/01/11 03:26 PM
...and further alienate their customers that consider buying the game already on the 360?

I don't agree at all. Continue to build on their game. It will get there. No need for gimmicks - just focus on baseball.

# 110 Trevytrev11 @ 02/01/11 03:45 PM
Quote:
...and further alienate their customers that consider buying the game already on the 360?

I don't agree at all. Continue to build on their game. It will get there. No need for gimmicks - just focus on baseball.

Exactly. And with the other game going the route of analog controls, I really don't think 2K's game is going to have much of a leg to stand on for PS3 owners. There will be a small group that will prefer 2K for one reason or another, but the analog controls were really the only thing this game had going for itself when compared to the competition. With that edge now gone, unless people just prefer a certain aspect of 2K's game, I can't imagine anyone switching over.

# 111 WazzuRC @ 02/01/11 03:55 PM
Really looking forward to hearing what kind of tweaks they made to the Franchise mode this year. Mainly progression, draft, and free agency. Pretty much all aspects of a franchise

# 112 Trevytrev11 @ 02/01/11 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
I'd say MLB Today and presentation are the other two biggies. But those are more bells and whistles, rather than core gameplay elements like analog controls.

I wouldn't care if they threw in some silly Move feature, like home run derby. But it would just serve to distract the team from what I think their real goals should be.
Yeah, you make a good point as those are definitely areas where 2K excels. From what I've read, the PS3 guys that prefer 2K or use 2K as a change of pace seem to do so because the analog control scheme simply is "fun".

# 113 Pared @ 02/01/11 04:46 PM
There are other reasons. It's up to VC to make you, the customer, realize that.

# 114 l3ulvl @ 02/01/11 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Yeah, you make a good point as those are definitely areas where 2K excels. From what I've read, the PS3 guys that prefer 2K or use 2K as a change of pace seem to do so because the analog control scheme simply is "fun".
Count me as one of the PS3 guys that played 2k for the analog controls. I'm very excited to try the other game for the same reason, but I'm also excited about 2K doing the dynamic rosters that update in season. It will be very difficult to get it right on the first try, but if they did I'd be in baseball video game heaven.

# 115 dodgerblue @ 02/01/11 10:33 PM
Ditto for me with the analog controls and purchasing 2k. But even with the other game having them, idk if I will like them as much or at all, so at least 2k still might have enough to get me to purchase. I really like the 2k analog pitching and the differing motions for each pitch type, and with it being less precise this year that might be enough.

# 116 DJ @ 02/02/11 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblue
Ditto for me with the analog controls and purchasing 2k. But even with the other game having them, idk if I will like them as much or at all, so at least 2k still might have enough to get me to purchase. I really like the 2k analog pitching and the differing motions for each pitch type, and with it being less precise this year that might be enough.
This and MLB Today earn points with me.

# 117 econoodle @ 02/06/11 01:45 AM
Quote:

digging deeper into my own thoughts i agree with you.
At the time I was just throwing out thoughts.

Not all mine are good ones, even the great ones.

# 118 DaveDQ @ 02/06/11 10:16 AM
Maybe it has been mentioned, but a good move from 2K would be to do what NBA Elite was going to do and offer a key for their arcade game. Including The Bigs would be a nice compliment.

# 119 econoodle @ 02/06/11 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Maybe it has been mentioned, but a good move from 2K would be to do what NBA Elite was going to do and offer a key for their arcade game. Including The Bigs would be a nice compliment.
Or even better, the new MLB Bobblehead Pros!

# 120 DrPhibes @ 02/06/11 05:02 PM
Hopefully this year 2K can FINALLY get Colorado's black on black alternate jersey correct.

Where the hell did they even get the black on purple hybrid that has been in the games anyway? Maybe they've worn it once or twice, but the black on black is Colorado's main look and not correcting such a simple thing is a shame.

Is it so much to ask? IS IT?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.