Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

Destructoid has just posted their Major League Baseball 2K11 preview.

Quote:
"Another change that looks to help fielding is the introduction of new animations. The increased variety, especially for bobbled balls, makes the game more fluid and realistic. It’s not 100% there yet -- I saw inconsistencies like a big step and a laser-like throw from a fielder who was maybe ten feet from his first baseman, which really pulled me out of the action -- but I’m hoping that such nagging issues can be ironed out between now and the release date.

I found the game’s visuals to be alternately impressive and off-putting. Many of the player faces are accurate, while others are off -- this remains an issue across most sports games -- and all of them suffer from dead eyes and stiff mouths, irregularities that scream “uncanny valley.” Numbers on the backs of jerseys are textured to stand out from the shirts themselves, but there’s a strange upward distortion of text on players’ chests. Team-specific camera angles for the behind-the-pitcher view are a nice touch, and the revamped player models look great. C.C. Sabathia is a hulking brute on the mound, just as he should be."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 rudyjuly2 @ 01/24/11 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
If this game truly reflected the real life Juan Uribe, I wouldn't be driving outside fastballs for him unless I'm establishing a slider later in the at bat that will fall off the dish. The fact of the matter is no baseball game has had reflective dynamic push/pull and inside/outside attributes that authentically hold well with a decent physics system. We might have to settle a few more years for opposite field shots into McCovey Cove.
This is true. And since we always are the same guy controlling the batter, every batter has a similar personality as opposed to real life. Furthermore a video game sometimes lacks fun if it gets too sim (debatable). But I'd still like to see less oppo-bombs than I currently see. Hopefully that was tweaked. There is nothing more beautiful than turning on a fastball and smoking it 400+ feet.

# 62 rudyjuly2 @ 01/24/11 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq
Do you guys really have a discussion about opposite field HR in a video game....These things will never be fixed completely.......
I find this stuff interesting. And it has been done better in other games so it's not like it can't be improved. Besides, we have to pass the time before the demo.

# 63 thaSLAB @ 01/24/11 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Juan had one opposite HR LAST YEAR!!! . And it was the best one too.
Ha! That was awesome...! First thing I thought about when I saw Uribe and opposite field HRs

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 64 abjsuperstar @ 01/24/11 09:29 PM
2k needs to upgrade the graphics and game fluency..

# 65 Knight165 @ 01/24/11 11:00 PM
Quote:
What is game fluency?
Whoa...YOU'RE going to start getting on someone about prose!?
The man who just stated in The Show forums that he has been APART(I'm thinking you meant a part) of 2K's community feedback about 30 minutes ago.

I'm guessing he meant fluidity...and I'm also guessing you did also.(hey that's YOUR emoticon!)

M.K.
Knight165

# 66 Knight165 @ 01/24/11 11:07 PM
Quote:
I am asking a serious question. Hint I didn't put a . And my iphone changed it to apart. And for the record I am smarter than you and that is all that matters firecook.

Haha....screw you teach!

I think he meant how fluid it looks.

M.K.
Knight165

# 67 Knight165 @ 01/24/11 11:13 PM
Quote:
Thank you. I really thought maybe it was something I never heard off.
You got it pal.
No problem.

M.K.
Knight165

# 68 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/25/11 12:02 AM
You know what they say, those who can not do... teach!

# 69 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/25/11 12:13 AM
Quote:
Yep, that is true. They also say.... Um nevermind.

# 70 steveHOLT.canuck @ 01/25/11 03:37 PM
I think we are all a little cautiously optimistic about 2k11. So far what I have been reading in the previews sounds really good. Honestly, it is sounds like they changed more with fielding than I thought they would. I was hoping for a less automatic feel but is sounds like they did more than just that.

Before these previews came out we were all freaking out and assuming that no news was bad news but it seems that might not be true, at least for fielding and pitching.

The Destructoid preview eluded to the fact that they weren't demoing all the new features in the game for the previews. So I am cautiously hopeful that at some point (please let it be soon) in the future we are going to hear about what changes have been made to Franchise Mode and My Player.

Until we hear more, I'm just trying to remain calm and trying to focus on what we know and not speculate about what we don't know.

# 71 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/10/11 01:50 PM
Samit, I see your heading into 2K NYC to get another look @ 2k11. My question to you is , how does this build play/feel like compared to the 1st build you played when you wrote your 1st preview?

Thanks buddy

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.