Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

Some of you may recall Owen Good's piece from last year, where he gave MLB 2K10 camera angle settings for all 30 major league teams.

This year, MLB 2K11 will use those camera angle settings, in the improved broadcast view.

Quote:
"As you tour the 30 ballparks of Major League Baseball 2K11, you'll see games there from a center field camera view unique to each stadium. I can vouch for this feature's authenticity - because I did the work behind it.

MLB 2K11 will feature a new broadcast-style presentation in which the angles of the center field camera view will change for all 30 major league ballparks, mimicking real-life broadcasts. Visual Concepts and 2K Sports credited the feature to this column I wrote last April, in which I used the camera settings of MLB 2K10 to recreate, as close as possible, what you saw in the center field shot from each baseball stadium.

My point in doing so was that the uniform dimensions of a basketball or hockey arena, or football-only stadium, usually mean a uniform camera view in those sports. But in baseball, with the outfields' irregular measurements and ballparks' increasingly deliberate quirks and features, camera placement varies stadium to stadium.

"We've said it before, but we really do pay attention to message boards, comments, and the good and bad criticism from journalists as ways to better our product and please our fans," said Chris Snyder, 2K Sports' director of marketing. "The fact that we have now put every home broadcast angle in Major League Baseball 2K11 is further evidence of that, and Kotaku and Owen deserve a big thank you for giving us the idea."

Source - MLB 2K11's New Broadcast View Features Kotaku's Camera Work (Kotaku)

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jeffy777 @ 01/21/11 07:47 PM
Nice! It's good to know 2K/VC cares enough to read this stuff and incorporate suggestions.

# 2 SPTO @ 01/21/11 07:50 PM
That's pretty neat!

Hopefully I can find a copy of this darn game for X360 this year.

# 3 DickDalewood @ 01/21/11 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
That's pretty neat!

Hopefully I can find a copy of this darn game for X360 this year.
I still see copies everywhere... why couldn't you find one?

# 4 rockchisler @ 01/21/11 08:46 PM
now add that to nba 2k12 then we straight

# 5 SPTO @ 01/21/11 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I still see copies everywhere... why couldn't you find one?
I have no clue, i've gone to several EBGames locations here and I see it for the PS3 but not for Xbox.

Oh well, i'll be keeping an eye out for it.

# 6 Jamin23 @ 01/21/11 08:59 PM
Quote:
"We've said it before, but we really do pay attention to message boards, comments, and the good and bad criticism from journalists as ways to better our product and please our fans," said Chris Snyder, 2K Sports' director of marketing. "The fact that we have now put every home broadcast angle in Major League Baseball 2K11 is further evidence of that, and Kotaku and Owen deserve a big thank you for giving us the idea."
This gives me hope for the future of this series

# 7 jeffy777 @ 01/21/11 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
Great news! Hopefully this also means the camera angles SAVE this year.
Sounds like it:

Quote:
.....if you prefer to pitch from the catcher's perspective (facing the incoming pitch), you can lock the default camera angle to a single setting, or make your home park's camera setting uniform across every game you play.

# 8 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/21/11 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing808s
I think the credit should be given to SCEA.
Then head on over to the SCEA Board & praise them...

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb/

# 9 jeffy777 @ 01/21/11 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing808s
I think the credit should be given to SCEA.
Owen at Kotaku did this work last year shortly after 2K10 came out......So really VC may have added this to 2K11 several months ago.

Yeah, and as Joe said, your comment really doesn't belong in this thread or section any way.

# 10 myghty @ 01/22/11 12:12 AM
This feature is really cool though many camera angles look the same in different stadiums. Still cool though.

# 11 DJ @ 01/22/11 12:13 AM
This is really great news. It was nice to be able to use those angles in last year's game, but a big pain to have to go in EVERY GAME and edit the camera to each ballpark's setting. Now, we won't have to do that.

I am really looking forward to this game; I have a feeling it's going to open up a lot of eyes this year.

# 12 rudyjuly2 @ 01/22/11 07:10 AM
I loved all the camera options 2K gave us last year. I personally used a camera similar to the Twins camera in 2K10. It will be nice that they are available as presets this year. Can't believe someone tried to imply 2K stole this idea.

It also sounds like we will be able to save our camera options this year. I really hope this is true.

# 13 Motown @ 01/22/11 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Then head on over to the SCEA Board & praise them...

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb/
Wow...a little touchy aren't cha anyway, lookin' forward to some gameplay clips.

# 14 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/22/11 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Wow...a little touchy aren't cha anyway, lookin' forward to some gameplay clips.
Nah, just wanted to point the poster in the right direction

# 15 Motown @ 01/22/11 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Nah, just wanted to point the poster in the right direction
ah...

# 16 rudyjuly2 @ 01/23/11 03:15 PM
I posted this in another thread but I'd love to see a return to the 2K9 fielding camera angle where it was zoomed out more and you could see the ball the entire time on an outfield hit. It didn't leave the screen at all. Check it out at the 1:30 and 3:15 mark.

# 17 42 @ 01/23/11 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I posted this in another thread but I'd love to see a return to the 2K9 fielding camera angle where it was zoomed out more and you could see the ball the entire time on an outfield hit. It didn't leave the screen at all. Check it out at the 1:30 and 3:15 mark.

I'm with you on this one!

# 18 PVarck31 @ 01/23/11 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
Count me in as well. I love to see the flight of the ball. Loved that camera in 2k9.

# 19 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/23/11 08:41 PM
Quote:
I posted this in another thread but I'd love to see a return to the 2K9 fielding camera angle where it was zoomed out more and you could see the ball the entire time on an outfield hit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Count me in as well. I love to see the flight of the ball. Loved that camera in 2k9.
We'll we might have our wish:

Quote:
At the plate, in single-player mode as a hitter, a new camera angle replaces the cut from the batting view to the field. Now the camera follows the flight of the ball to the outfield, from home plate instead of trailing behind it.
http://kotaku.com/5741177/a-comeback...ld-in-mlb-2k11

# 20 K_GUN @ 01/23/11 08:49 PM
i pretty much only play the *other game* these days but i say that 2k STILL absolutely owns the pitcher animations....they capture the violent act of throwing a baseball so well...always have since 2k7.

Quote:

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.