Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

I recentely sat down for a talk with FBGRatings.com's Dan Berens to discuss his site's vision and what's going on over there today. The site is currently working on getting accurate ratings for every player using real hard data converted into the Madden ratings universe. Dan claims that when these numbers are plugged into the game, it plays much better and much closer to real life. Check out the interview below and also check out Dan's website to see what he's got going on!

Interview with Berens on the OS Radio Show on BlogTalkRadio

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 LHSLax_D24 @ 05/01/11 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Yes, some 18000 of them. The site is on my signature so just copy and paste it in there. Here is the timetable:

Basic Data and raw attributes: completed by July 1
Static attributes: completed by July 15th
Position specific attributes and 2011 OVR ratings: August 31st
Full rosters and updated OVR ratings for Week 1: Week 1 of NFL season
Updates: Every 4 weeks until the end of the season
Sounds great! Appreciate your hard work.

# 122 DCEBB2001 @ 05/02/11 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHSLax_D24
Sounds great! Appreciate your hard work.
No problem. All basic data with players' last names beginning with A-M and X-Z should be up later this week. This includes raw attributes and basic info.

# 123 LHSLax_D24 @ 05/05/11 03:30 PM
Can I see your reasoning behind Brandon Banks' 91 speed and 89 acceleration? He ran a 40 time of 4.43 seconds, but what most people don't know is that he pulled his hamstring while running it. If he never pulled it, he certainly would have had a better time. He claims to have run a 4.23. Also, he said he HAS (not could) beaten Chris Johnson in a race before.

Banks and Anthony Armstrong are the fastest Redskins, (and while this is up to you) I believe they should be rated as such. It wouldn't be a huge deal as I can change it myself.

# 124 DCEBB2001 @ 05/05/11 08:00 PM
Quote:
Can I see your reasoning behind Brandon Banks' 91 speed and 89 acceleration? He ran a 40 time of 4.43 seconds, but what most people don't know is that he pulled his hamstring while running it. If he never pulled it, he certainly would have had a better time. He claims to have run a 4.23. Also, he said he HAS (not could) beaten Chris Johnson in a race before.

Banks and Anthony Armstrong are the fastest Redskins, (and while this is up to you) I believe they should be rated as such. It wouldn't be a huge deal as I can change it myself.
The fastest official time I have for Banks is 4.37. Now, even if he did pull his hamstring at the combine while running that 4.37, he had the opportunity at NC State ( yes, that's right, he went to NC State's pro day on 3/24/2010 instead of Kansas State's pro day on 3/3/2010 ) to better his time with a healthy hamstring over 1 full month later. Know what he ran? 4.48. Now, that surely doesn't prove he was capable of even beating that time of 4.37 at the combine even though he was healthy. Would you rather I average the two and give him a SPD of 88? That is most certainly possible if you like. Personally, I would be glad to take the 91 I gave him in contrast to taking an averaged time.

Guys, I do not rate players based on "supposed" times. Hard data only. If he ran a 4.37 but is said to have run a 4.23, what do you think I am going to do? If I went by hearsay, then EVERYONE would be a 99 in EVERYTHING because scouts and agents inflate information. The fact is that all players are rated on the same scale by the same means. Also understand that a 91 SPD is BLAZING in the FBG system. Out of some 16000 players only roughly 400 have a speed of 90 or above. That is 2.5% of all players...a pretty small number.

# 125 LHSLax_D24 @ 05/05/11 08:59 PM
Quote:
The fastest official time I have for Banks is 4.37. Now, even if he did pull his hamstring at the combine while running that 4.37, he had the opportunity at NC State ( yes, that's right, he went to NC State's pro day on 3/24/2010 instead of Kansas State's pro day on 3/3/2010 ) to better his time with a healthy hamstring over 1 full month later. Know what he ran? 4.48. Now, that surely doesn't prove he was capable of even beating that time of 4.37 at the combine even though he was healthy. Would you rather I average the two and give him a SPD of 88? That is most certainly possible if you like. Personally, I would be glad to take the 91 I gave him in contrast to taking an averaged time.

Guys, I do not rate players based on "supposed" times. Hard data only. If he ran a 4.37 but is said to have run a 4.23, what do you think I am going to do? If I went by hearsay, then EVERYONE would be a 99 in EVERYTHING because scouts and agents inflate information. The fact is that all players are rated on the same scale by the same means. Also understand that a 91 SPD is BLAZING in the FBG system. Out of some 16000 players only roughly 400 have a speed of 90 or above. That is 2.5% of all players...a pretty small number.
Fine by me. Thanks for the verification.

# 126 DCEBB2001 @ 05/05/11 09:28 PM
Quote:
Fine by me. Thanks for the verification.
LOL I thought you would take that 91! Like I said, 91 is awesome in this system for any rating, especially AGI. If your AGI rating is in the 90s, you are a beast on the field!

# 127 LHSLax_D24 @ 05/05/11 09:57 PM
Quote:
LOL I thought you would take that 91! Like I said, 91 is awesome in this system for any rating, especially AGI. If your AGI rating is in the 90s, you are a beast on the field!
Haha yeah. I was just asking for verification. Just wondering, who is the fastest speed. I noticed Chris Johnson has a 98 in both speed and acceleration. Is there anyone faster?

# 128 DCEBB2001 @ 05/05/11 11:22 PM
Quote:
Haha yeah. I was just asking for verification. Just wondering, who is the fastest speed. I noticed Chris Johnson has a 98 in both speed and acceleration. Is there anyone faster?
Fastest are Jacoby Ford and Trindon Holliday both with 99s for their 4.22 and 4.21 40 times respectively.

Best ACC are Chris Reis and Earl Thomas. Reis had a 3.70 shuttle and Thomas a 1.39 10yard split.

# 129 LHSLax_D24 @ 05/06/11 03:12 PM
I also just noticed Michael Vick was a 93/99 speed/acceleration.

# 130 DCEBB2001 @ 05/06/11 07:30 PM
Quote:
I also just noticed Michael Vick was a 93/99 speed/acceleration.
Correct...he is.

# 131 iBlievN5 @ 05/06/11 10:10 PM
Quote:
Correct...he is.
do you think he's that fast today? what is that based off of?

# 132 DCEBB2001 @ 05/06/11 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
do you think he's that fast today? what is that based off of?
Scouting data and hard data from in-game measurements. His speed has dropped (he used to be around a 96, but it's now around 93) but his explosiveness is still great.

# 133 td7 @ 05/14/11 12:49 PM
I'm having trouble getting the site to come up? It was working fine until today.

# 134 huskerwr38 @ 05/14/11 01:44 PM
Is there a roster with all of these changes made based on this website?

# 135 DCEBB2001 @ 05/14/11 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
I'm having trouble getting the site to come up? It was working fine until today.
The site is up and running. I was updating the info today so all players A-L and X-Z in last names are done with their basic data. You will also see changes to some raw attributes and the raw attributes for the rookies that have been drafted. Expect 1900 more rookie FAs in the weeks to come.

# 136 DCEBB2001 @ 05/14/11 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastrin
Do you guys have a chart that will tell us the speed, acceleration, agility, jump, strength of players?

Like if a guy runs a 4.1 he will have 99 speed, if a guy runs a 5.02 he will have like 60 speed. If a guy bench presses 24 Reps, he will have 80 strength - stuff like that. or are you doing 'game speed' that Donny does
There is a chart to help determine the raw attributes but it will not be available to the public. Game speed is also a determining factor via scouting data in rating the players.

# 137 DCEBB2001 @ 05/14/11 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Is there a roster with all of these changes made based on this website?
At present there is not a roster. However, you can expect some rosters for Madden 12 should the site get all attributes for all players completed this year. It's a huge project as you can imagine so you will have to be patient for getting downloadable rosters.

# 138 iBlievN5 @ 05/14/11 04:17 PM
i dunno, 31 year old vick faster and more explosive than 24 year old desean jackson who runs a 4.35.

# 139 DCEBB2001 @ 05/14/11 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
i dunno, 31 year old vick faster and more explosive than 24 year old desean jackson who runs a 4.35.
Well, Vick is no slouch at a 4.33 either. And by the looks of it, he has most of that speed back already. Keep in mind he didn't spend 2 years getting beaten up on a playing field. It is what it is until further notice.

# 140 DCEBB2001 @ 05/14/11 10:58 PM
Just an update here for the guys following the site.

All players A-L and X-Z have been updated through today. This includes basic data and raw attributes. However, rookies are missing their birthdays which will be entered in for the next update in a few weeks. I only have 360 of the 2400 rookies in so far so those will be coming soon. I am getting some work in on the basic data for the players with last name of M which will take some time considering there are some 1700 of them. Once all the basic data is entered I will begin to fill in more raw attributes for players who currently don't have any. After that I will fill in the static attributes followed by position-specific attributes and OVR ratings. This will take up quite a bit of time until August, but it should be up and running completely by week 1 with a bit of luck.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.