Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This is a very very late addition/change to MLB 11 The Show. Kolbe and Jeff Ulman, one of our senior AI programmers, went into the cave this past weekend and re-wrote a massive amount of code for trades and off-season logic for franchise mode.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Speedy @ 01/24/11 05:30 PM
Awesome.

# 2 ProStylez @ 01/24/11 05:41 PM
More good news for the franchise junkies out there!
Any additional info would be nice........

# 3 42 @ 01/24/11 05:42 PM

# 4 Willis135 @ 01/24/11 05:42 PM
This is the best news I've heard so far!!!

# 5 countryboy @ 01/24/11 05:48 PM
Great news! Thank you Kolbe & Jeff for your hard work, and thank you to the team for all they do as well. You just turned what was a very ****ty Monday into a good one.

Thank you!

# 6 myghty @ 01/24/11 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
This is a very very late addition/change to MLB 11. Kolbe and Jeff Ulman one of our senior AI programmers went into the cave this past weekend and re-wrote a massive amount of code for trades and off-season logic for franchise mode.
I just recently watched Social Network so when I read this I imagined the Facebook guy when he was typing away, making Facemash... haha

Anyways, great news!

# 7 kt-od @ 01/24/11 05:50 PM

# 8 sink4ever @ 01/24/11 05:52 PM
Wow, so great to hear. Please send them our thanks, this is awesome.

# 9 Heroesandvillains @ 01/24/11 06:04 PM
Thanks for the extra love guys. I just feel so much appreciation for how much extra effort your team puts in (and now THIS for us hardcore franchisers).

Thank you Jeff and Kolbe for reallocating your precious (and possibly free) time.

# 10 econoodle @ 01/24/11 06:12 PM
long shot calling: but can you at some point do a screen grab of total transactions by/after the ASB?

# 11 wesman94 @ 01/24/11 06:13 PM
Yes!! Thank you, the game just gets better and better everyday.

# 12 Skyboxer @ 01/24/11 06:14 PM
Awesome! Again another reason this crew is second to none.

# 13 JayD @ 01/24/11 06:15 PM
Awesomeness!!!!! Maybe some screen shots soon?

# 14 mgjohns61585 @ 01/24/11 06:16 PM
Oh Yeah!!!!!

# 15 tabarnes19_SDS @ 01/24/11 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
This is a very very late addition/change to MLB 11. Kolbe and Jeff Ulman one of our senior AI programmers went into the cave this past weekend and re-wrote a massive amount of code for trades and off-season logic for franchise mode.

Very interesting. Can you elaborate more? Is the cpu looking for something different now? What offseason adjustments have been made? Trades, FA signings, arbitration, renewing etc...?

Have the bugs from 10 been fleshed out? 2013 issues as well as not being able to trade until Jan. 1st?

Thanks again guys.

# 16 MarinersVsDodgers @ 01/24/11 06:41 PM
Awesome!!!! Hopefully no more Albert Pujols trades for a C-Ranked Shortstop!

# 17 CubFan23 @ 01/24/11 06:42 PM
Ramone, Thank everyone for all their hard work from all of us die hard franchise players here at OS! You guys really go above and beyond for all fans of The Show!

# 18 Kolbe @ 01/24/11 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
Hopefully its not too difficult... Realism is all fine and dandy but theres still the Vernon Wells trades of the world...
It has been extremely difficult - so a big "you better damn like it" damnit from Jeff and I to you!

Neither of us has slept more than 4 hours a day since Thursday when we started down this road. We still have a few kinks to work out but I'm really pumped about the improvements thus far.

Details... no, but I believe I'll allow RamOne to give you his impressions (He's playing with our changes today).

{edit} Let me make one fact clear... We did not do even 10% of what I want to do with Franchise... This is the best we can do with the time we have remaining. So dont go expecting Expansion mode or any other nutball idea {/edit}
-K

# 19 countryboy @ 01/24/11 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
It has been extremely difficult - so a big "you better damn like it" damnit from Jeff and I to you!
LOL

Quote:
Neither of us has slept more than 4 hours a day since Thursday when we started down this road. We still have a few kinks to work out but I'm really pumped about the improvements thus far.
You slept for 4 hours? Slacker

Quote:
Details... no, but I believe I'll allow RamOne to give you his impressions (He's playing with our changes today).

-K
And Ramone would like to say thank you for that......

In all seriousness Kolbe, thank you to both yourself and Jeff for your hard work. It truly is appreciated.

And in all seriousness Ramone, might wanna hop off meebo and turn off PM's.

# 20 N51_rob @ 01/24/11 06:53 PM
Kolbe, thanks. Looking forward to seeing how it all works out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

« Previous1234567891617Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.