Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This is a very very late addition/change to MLB 11 The Show. Kolbe and Jeff Ulman, one of our senior AI programmers, went into the cave this past weekend and re-wrote a massive amount of code for trades and off-season logic for franchise mode.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Speedy @ 01/24/11 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
Let me make one fact clear... We did not do even 10% of what I want to do with Franchise... This is the best we can do with the time we have remaining. So dont go expecting Expansion mode or any other nutball idea
10%? Wow...I'm really excited for next year! I bet you and Knight have some intense conversations regarding vision(s) for Franchise.

# 62 HustlinOwl @ 01/24/11 11:45 PM
I can live with GABP remaining the same, with this kind of dedication going on

# 63 Stroehms @ 01/25/11 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
Yeah the reworking of the team budgets I would think would go hand and hand with the reworking of the trade logic. Maybe they tightened up how the CPU spends money and gave a little more AI in decision making based on funds.

This would play into the Manny trade scenario that Russell was talking about, and would probably help guard against the CPU taking trades for older, big money players.

They may have also enhanced the team trade strategies to make the trades/player moves based more on the time of the season, i.e. teams out of contention trading for prospects near the deadline.

At least they are trying within the timeframes they have. Also, this is much more important to me than any dalmation in the Braves outfield (and I'm a huge Braves fan).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
This part I can almost guarantee.

M.K.
Knight165
That's just flippin' amazing! So stoked!

# 64 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/25/11 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
This is a very very late addition/change to MLB 11. Kolbe and Jeff Ulman one of our senior AI programmers went into the cave this past weekend and re-wrote a massive amount of code for trades and off-season logic for franchise mode.
Quote:
It has been extremely difficult - so a big "you better damn like it" damnit from Jeff and I to you!

Neither of us has slept more than 4 hours a day since Thursday when we started down this road. We still have a few kinks to work out but I'm really pumped about the improvements thus far.

Details... no, but I believe I'll allow RamOne to give you his impressions (He's playing with our changes today).

{edit} Let me make one fact clear... We did not do even 10% of what I want to do with Franchise... This is the best we can do with the time we have remaining. So dont go expecting Expansion mode or any other nutball idea {/edit}
-K
Quote:
I'll just post a few things I come across them. One of the major changes is dumping old elite players for young studs. You all know exactly what I'm talking about from last year. You can no longer accomplish in an unfair manner like previous years. However you can still trade them for prospects but you won't be receiving anyone who has developed into a solid player yet. For example I'm a Rays fan we just signed Manny I have no use for him on my team and I want D.Jennings to get a shot. So I need to move Manny but I can't get anyone decent with him only prospects or players of similar caliber and age. For instance the Phillie's won't even take the trade of Manny for D.Brown seriously last year they take that trade.
Quote:
Ulman rewrote the budget logic

You are all beautiful, beautiful men, who bares us such gifts and wonderful news....

Here, have a Red Stripe!

Spoiler

Tell Jeff thanks as well!!!!!!!!!

# 65 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/25/11 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm dying to know myself now.
I thought I could wait for '11 like everyone else.
Now I must ask....
RUSS.....WHERE IS MY ADVANCE COPY!!!!?....

M.K.
Knight165
I knew they would do something to suck your *** in to the "I can not wait camp".

Warms my soul seeing that! I felt for you man, I really did!

# 66 ped3328 @ 01/25/11 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101
I'm more of an observer than a poster for the most part and probably too old to be a gamer anyway. But I had to make a post after reading this thread. It amazes me how the game designers interact with the community and how much passion it appears they have for their great product.

I'm very impressed and just wanted to add to the "thank you list". I personally am a franchise guy only (actually I didn't even buy MLB10 as I was still enjoying my MLB09 game and the franchise I had built and couldn't give it up). I now think I'm going to have to give up my 09 franchise and the tons of hours I spent with it and upgrade this year.
I wish to add my voice to those who marvel at this game. But like the above person suggested, it's truly amazing and quite rare I might add that employees of such a big organization like Sony would go out of its way and try to please its customers. Indeed, it appears that the devs are just as passionate as us and really proud of their product. In an era where the big $$$ are the only important thing in life, the folks at SCEA have shown us otherwise. We keep bombarding you with questions, suggestions, let alone the color of fences in a certain stadium or a presumably wrong batting stance for Joe Bloe of the Braves. But you listen and even show remarkable restrain given the weirdness and the futility of some of our suggestions or comments. THUMBS UP SCEA!fficeffice" />>>

# 67 Freak123 @ 01/25/11 12:42 AM
Now I really wish I had a PS3, just for this damn game...darn it, lol.

# 68 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/25/11 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak123
Jump on in, the water feels so good!

# 69 myghty @ 01/25/11 12:45 AM
I feel all tingly inside with all these good news that keeps popping up.

# 70 Kolbe @ 01/25/11 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing808s
Can we finally fire coaches during the season? PRETTY PLEASE
NO!

Honestly that's a change that would not go over well at this point. I know it sucks, I hate it too - but I PROMISE that next year, this will not suck

-K

# 71 Cubfan @ 01/25/11 01:59 AM
Big thanks to Kolbe and Jeff and the rest of team. You guys are awesome.

# 72 bwiggy33 @ 01/25/11 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak123
Seriously it's the best thing I've ever done. I got mine on amazon. What I did was traded a bunch of XBOX games to them (way better profit than gamestop btw), then I signed up for the amazon credit card and got a 40 dollar gift card. I didn't even activate the credit card so theres really no problem with signing up for it. Then I lucked out and found a guy from Minnesota that lived near the Twin Cities and instead of paying shipping we met somewhere and made the exchange. I got 120 dollars off from the trade in games and the gift card. No joke the ending cost was 120 dollars for a 40 gb system and controller all in the original box. It was the most wheeling and dealing I have ever done.

I still have my XBOX because I like playing NHL, FIFA, and my other sports games on that but the PS3 is the best purchase I've made and its only for two reasons: the show and blu ray. I am still playing the show and its mid winter. Normally I would be playing NHL 11 all of the time but not anymore. It also helps when NHL 11 is not exactly the greatest representation of hockey.

At any rate I cannot wait for 11. My boy Joe Mauer is back on the cover and I cannot wait to see an even more improved Target Field. Honestly this game can only get better and it sounds like there have been plenty of improvements to satisfy everyone. I'm not sure how people have been saying they will pass on 11 and wait for 12 when they upgrade franchise again. That just sounds crazy to me but to each his own I guess. Franchise is my number one priority and just re-coding the trade and offseason logic is enough to suffice me for a year. I cannot even imagine what 12's franchise will be like.

Anyway thanks to all of the guys who put in all the hard work in making this game better! It is going to be a long month and a half until this game comes out.

# 73 LastActionHero @ 01/25/11 03:10 AM
I'm seriously willing to pay $100 for this game. I mean sometimes a good night out robs you of that amount and that only lasts you 1(!) night. This game gives me that almost all year long!

A bargain I'm telling you.

# 74 puremvp1 @ 01/25/11 07:04 AM
Quote:
NO!

Honestly that's a change that would not go over well at this point. I know it sucks, I hate it too - but I PROMISE that next year, this will not suck

-K

Good work guys, even though you didnt have the time to put alot of changes in franchise mode you still make it better.

Any update on the 2013 issue kolbe? as in a fix this year/next years game

# 75 HustlinOwl @ 01/25/11 08:27 AM
not sure if this was looked at during community or if Kolbe and Jeff have came across the lineup issue in franchise where it would not let you past a certain day. All because an AI controlled lineup was not fixed (meaning adjusted due to an injury).

# 76 NAFBUC @ 01/25/11 08:42 AM
Thanks SCEA....once again you step up to plate and hit a Grand Slam in extra innings to win the game!

Franchise mode is the MVP of The Show.

# 77 dalger21 @ 01/25/11 09:18 AM
Will this logic be also used for RttS seasons and how the CPU manages teams?

# 78 Flaxseed Oil @ 01/25/11 09:36 AM
Anyone want to play the guessing game as to what's been added?

I'm going to say this is what I am hoping for:
  • Three team trades
  • Some sort of 'counter offer' system
  • Some sort of better 'negotiation' system with free agents (counter offers, preferences on what city they want to play, etc.)
  • more than 3 players per side in a trade

# 79 deucepoppi17 @ 01/25/11 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
Anyone want to play the guessing game as to what's been added?

I'm going to say this is what I am hoping for:
  • Three team trades
  • Some sort of 'counter offer' system
  • Some sort of better 'negotiation' system with free agents (counter offers, preferences on what city they want to play, etc.)
  • more than 3 players per side in a trade
Trade finder please!!!!!

# 80 markprior22 @ 01/25/11 10:24 AM
Did this mean only 10% of what they want to do to franchise for this year's release or down the road? Honestly, I've played enough text sports game to be very nervous when I hear of a major rewrite this close to release; not to mention a graphics based game. I know these guys will do all they can with patches, etc to fix anything that comes up but there always seems to be a nagging situation that drags on to the next version (like the 2013 issue). I was also a little troubled at the first response "what is the 2013 issue?" What? If someone who checks the OS forums doesn't know what the 2013 issue is, that has me a little worried. I know the game will be good and am looking forward to it. Guess I'm just a little jaded by sports games overall....Come on spring training...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.