Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This is a very very late addition/change to MLB 11 The Show. Kolbe and Jeff Ulman, one of our senior AI programmers, went into the cave this past weekend and re-wrote a massive amount of code for trades and off-season logic for franchise mode.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 econoodle @ 01/28/11 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
So I've been playing Franchise mode almost exclusively all this week as Kolbe and Ulman have been making changes. I can report the cpu is much much more intelligent when making trades and accepting user ones. The 2013 bug with A rated players being rampant in free agency is completely gone. Teams don't give up their potential super stars for anything less than fare market value.

this is manna from heaven!

now, if i make you brownies can we get some franchise screencaps?

# 162 BatsareBugs @ 01/28/11 06:27 PM
Quote:
So I've been playing Franchise mode almost exclusively all this week as Kolbe and Ulman have been making changes. I can report the cpu is much much more intelligent when making trades and accepting user ones. The 2013 bug with A rated players being rampant in free agency is completely gone. Teams don't give up their potential super stars for anything less than fare market value.
And boom, I'm a happy camper in RTTS now.

I never got to the point with the free agency problem, but I can probably assume that we won't see anymore A-potential prospects being traded for Dennys Reyes. That is good.

I know everyone has said this already, but you guys are awesome.

# 163 Russell_SCEA @ 01/28/11 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
And boom, I'm a happy camper in RTTS now.

I never got to the point with the free agency problem, but I can probably assume that we won't see anymore A-potential prospects being traded for Dennys Reyes. That is good.

I know everyone has said this already, but you guys are awesome.

I've made it all the way to 2015 in a couple of the simulations and everything looks pretty good.

# 164 countryboy @ 01/28/11 06:37 PM
great news!!! Thanks Ramone!

# 165 tabarnes19_SDS @ 01/28/11 06:47 PM
Quote:

Is the interest bar removed? Do more trades happen in July...than say May?

Thanks again great news!!

# 166 Russell_SCEA @ 01/28/11 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19

No the interest bar is still there let me see about trades in July

# 167 tabarnes19_SDS @ 01/28/11 06:58 PM
Quote:
No the interest bar is still there let me see about trades in July

Thanks Ramone.

# 168 Mike Lowe @ 01/28/11 07:05 PM
Nice to see SCEA so dedicated. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but the only thing holding me back from getting this game is still the fact that during franchise mode, the AI never calls up/sends down players due to performance, only injuries.

Any chance this has been fixed or can be with a patch? It seems to work with the RRTS mode at least for your player, but obviously it's not identical to franchise.

# 169 Knight165 @ 01/28/11 07:43 PM
Quote:

I can almost guarantee this.
It's one of the things Kolbe had me "research" for him and he was intent on changing. I'd be very surprised if you don't see mucho interest around the trade deadline and just a few in May.

Russ...sounds great. Thanks for doing that. But heck...you know I would have tested that out for you!

Oh.....I hope you captured some vid with that awesome new franchise ticker!

M.K.
Knight165

# 170 Knight165 @ 01/28/11 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeTime
How would you know what the other team wants if there is no interest bar? You would just be blindly making offers. Talk about frustrating.
It''s a slight quandary....
It's not that realistic to just go down your roster hitting square until you get a hit....but you should have some idea of what the other team wants.
I would say...without the bar...or at least to have the option to shut off the bar...and add in the opposing GM responding to your FAIR offer(which I think shutting off the bar would force you to do...make a fair offer) with a "well it's not quite enough...we're looking for..."a good young pitcher with a future(an A/B rated SP)"...."a MLB ready SS"...."a vet with a big bat off the bench"..."a better package of prospect"...etc...would be better than just the plain bar IMO.

M.K.
Knight165

# 171 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/28/11 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It''s a slight quandary....
It's not that realistic to just go down your roster hitting square until you get a hit....but you should have some idea of what the other team wants.
I would say...without the bar...or at least to have the option to shut off the bar...and add in the opposing GM responding to your FAIR offer(which I think shutting off the bar would force you to do...make a fair offer) with a "well it's not quite enough...we're looking for..."a good young pitcher with a future(an A/B rated SP)"...."a MLB ready SS"...."a vet with a big bat off the bench"..."a better package of prospect"...etc...would be better than just the plain bar IMO.

M.K.
Knight165

Agreed ten fold on this. This would definitely be more dynamic and add more realism and strategy to it.

# 172 CubFan23 @ 01/28/11 08:19 PM
I would love the option to turn off the bar! And the other GM's response to your offer with what they are looking for would be great too! I know in NHL 11 if you offer a trade and the other team is almost ready to pull the trigger there is a response from the other GM of "we're close here, give me a couple days to come up with a counter offer". That would be a nice addition.

One other thing I would like to see regarding trades is to not have the player you just got be available instantly. They should take into consideration where the other team is playing and how long it would take for that player to arrive to where your playing. OR at least one game calendar day

# 173 tabarnes19_SDS @ 01/28/11 08:31 PM
Quote:
Well that is a completely different system than what is in place now. I don't see how it would be possible for 2011 to have it. Maybe for 2012. I don't know how 2k does it but they can't just take the interest bar out without rewriting a new kind of system.

Actually 10 had it for awhile. If you had instant trades off, the interest bar was "disabled." After one of the patches it was back on.

# 174 SomeRandomDude @ 01/28/11 08:33 PM
Russel, can you tell me if Play Potential has been improved with Superstars/Big time players? Like end of last year Adrian Gonzalez, Miguel Cabrera, and others all had C or B Potential, and it was really hurting my franchises. Can you tell me if it's been improved/fixed?

# 175 Russell_SCEA @ 01/28/11 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomDude
Russel, can you tell me if Play Potential has been improved with Superstars/Big time players? Like end of last year Adrian Gonzalez, Miguel Cabrera, and others all had C or B Potential, and it was really hurting my franchises. Can you tell me if it's been improved/fixed?

The potential problem is no more

# 176 sroz39 @ 01/28/11 08:45 PM
I haven't really posted much in here up to this point, mostly just follow along any news that comes out but this thread has pretty much forced me to. I just wanted to send a huge thank you to the devs that work on this game. The Show guys and the EA NHL guys have been in a class all their own for years now (Madden team stepped up this year, in all fairness) when it comes to listening to their community, implementing the community's ideas and then post-release support for their product.

I know I'm not alone when I say I bought a PS3 just for this game. Many on here have. And I don't regret it for a second, even when I think about how much I spent back in '07 on a PS3 lol. It's been worth it and then some. Keep up the good work guys. I look forward to yet another masterpiece in March.

# 177 theaub @ 01/28/11 08:46 PM
Quote:
Well that is a completely different system than what is in place now. I don't see how it would be possible for 2011 to have it. Maybe for 2012. I don't know how 2k does it but they can't just take the interest bar out without rewriting a new kind of system.
2k gives each player a trade value of 1-5 stars, and has instant counter offers on trades. Its a solid system imo.

All this new info is awesome. Thanks!

# 178 Knight165 @ 01/28/11 09:29 PM
Quote:
It won't be for '11...
But like tbarnes stated...it was an option in '10....just got disabled in a patch(I think it was patch #1 actually)
2K's is alright...
I'm actually not a fan of the instant reaction or counter offer in every instance.
I doubt(except for deadline deals)...any GM will say...you can have this or this and it's done...in 5 minutes.(even if he really knows he will)
I really think that the current "wait a few days for a reply" is much better for a few reasons.(OOTP is much the same way...both systems....without a waiting period make trades too easy IMO)
1...you can put out multiple stabs(not currently really..it's usually the first team you offer)..(it would be nice if you could let the other GM's there are other offers to up the ante!)
2. It somewhat hinders the "look at the team I built...the trade logic is stupid" posts in that..with a waiting period and no real up front knowledge of the other teams GM reaction....moving players could take some time if you're looking to really lowball teams.

I also think that with the possible advent of adding in scouts reports based on their ability to scout...rather than a hard and fast "this is what potential and current ability of a player is" would also add to the realism in this portion of the game. Everyone has differing opinions on what they think a player might be and is...and it definitely has bearing on deals and picks. It should be so here. Obvious studs(although they still might now pan out!)..should of course pretty much be seen by all scouts/GM's as such...it's the second tier and lower I'm really aiming to put some "fog" to.

M.K.
Knight165

# 179 Two Seamer @ 01/28/11 09:48 PM
Quote:
I...I think I love you

# 180 treyraq @ 01/29/11 05:22 AM
Quote:

I don't know if you guys are referring to the interest bar in regards to me recently bringing it up...but I personally don't mind it when it comes to trades--I was referring to banishing it in regards to Free Agents.

By the way, counteroffers were another dream of mine. As are 3-way trades--I think they are a necessity.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.