Home
Madden 12 News Post

What do you guys think of the idea of us releasing our first official Madden NFL 12 developer podcast at halftime? It'd only be say 5-8 minutes long, but it'd be a video podcast, showing us talking about maybe one or two new features (along with maybe some mocks or ANT footage) - kind of a kick-off to the new year.

We did the standard blog for Madden 10, and then the Easter egg video for Madden 11 (which took a few weeks to actually spread around), but I'm trying to find something that will leave the community happy and not saying "meh, that was lame, wake me up in August".

Thoughts? Any other ideas?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SouthernBrick @ 01/27/11 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
I passed on Madden '10 and Madden '11 which really sucks to me because I love football so much. The biggest thing I want to see is more fluid looking animations and just better/new animations overall, can't stress that enough.
This. At this point a lot of what I want to see is better animations and more fluid movement.

I passed on Madden 11 and it wasn't even hard to do which came as huge surprise to me. I miss playing football but, I won't waste money on another Madden that I feel isn't where it should be. I can't deal with consistently seeing those same hit animations and just all of them in general over and over again that weren't that good to begin with.

I want plays to feel different and doesn't feel like I'm replaying the same similar game because, of the hit animations. I can almost tell what the hit is going to look like before the hit even occurs.

I'm just hoping for better gameplay.

# 42 Bull_Dozer @ 01/27/11 06:21 PM
Franchise info is basically all I care about. Any tidbits on that would make me happy

# 43 SteelerSpartan @ 01/27/11 07:53 PM
Tackling Animations

Lots and Lots of tackling animations!!!....for as many positions as you can show us

And then focus in on..... B-Roeth and A-Rod extending the pocket and making plays

Im so tired of not being able to use Bens best strengths in Madden.....He consistently shrugs off rushers and makes plays.........yet in Madden he barely can break any tackles behind the line of scrimmage

A-Rod should be quick on his feet and should show the ability to flip and scramble in the opposite direction...Boy does it look ugly in Madden when all they do is run straight right to the sidelines....A-Rod should show off his ability to feel where the rush is coming and step up and scramble accordingly

And there should be different animation for each......Ben should be physically pushing off more defenders while A-Rod has Elusive animations

# 44 econoodle @ 01/27/11 08:09 PM
Idea: After Aaron Rodgers throws for 4 TDs in the first half, and Clay has 2.5 sacks and a forced fumble, at halftime its announced that Clay and A-Rodg will be co-cover boys.

Then during the second half, on the sideline we will see Clay And Aaron wearing 'What Curse?" white headbands with the madden 12 logo on it ala Jim McMahon.

Or, more realistically, an announcement of the overall focus for 12 with news of an ALL NEW Revolutionary Franchise Mode ready to set the gaming world atwitter.

# 45 at23steelers @ 01/27/11 08:28 PM
Someone said this that I thought was a great idea: Tell us some hard-core features that won't make the back of the box, but would be things that all hard-core madden fans would love to hear. Since, lets be honest, not many casual fans will tune into this podcast anyways. So, why not cater the podcast to the people who will be watching it: the hard-core crowd?

# 46 goodygoody @ 01/27/11 09:32 PM
Thats a great Idea!.. And i would say that footage is a must. People tend to want to see things rather than read about them.

# 47 roadman @ 01/27/11 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Honestly, I'm not really that excited about hearing any features now because, more than likely, the features will be small things with the meat of the info coming months down the road.
That's the way it's been the last few years. I don't expect that to change much. If you aren't that excited about it, wait till April-July.

# 48 LionsFanNJ @ 01/27/11 11:57 PM
how about the areas of focus for the year in regards to specific areas. Like line play improvement, passing improvements (side note: PLEASE adjust the pass arcs) franchise areas of focus that could realistically be implemented this year.

# 49 BlueNGold @ 01/27/11 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
how about the areas of focus for the year in regards to specific areas. Like line play improvement, passing improvements (side note: PLEASE adjust the pass arcs) franchise areas of focus that could realistically be implemented this year.
Nice job pointing that out. That's been one of my biggest beefs with Madden/NCAA.

I don't know how much longer I can take the bad arcs in either game. It ruins the realistic feel of the passing game.

# 50 Hova57 @ 01/28/11 08:28 AM
I like what LBRulz said that should be scenario, or they could talk bout how they reworked ratings if that's something they did.

# 51 roadman @ 01/28/11 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
That's why I want to hear about previous flaws that have been eliminated. They can tell us stuff like that and it won't ruin their marketing campaign. Honestly, I'm holding back my excitement until I actually see all the Youtube Apostles ( Apex, Moody and Verzus) breakdown M12. I'm not getting my hopes up again.
True, or they will stick with telling us a feature or two about 12.

I do like LBz suggestion.

# 52 guaps @ 01/28/11 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
True, but they can really only do that through the game itself. I suspect some will expect a little too much from this podcast. It'll keep the community and forums like these humming, but real information historically comes much later, the ultimate info being the release of the game itself of course.
Depends on what you mean by real information? The FIFA devs have already announced three new gameplay/AI features for FIFA 12 and that game doesn't come out until October. I understand that you don't want to announce new features that don't make it, but I honestly believe the Madden devs are keeping the cards too close to the chest if they don't release any real information with this video podcast.

# 53 roadman @ 01/28/11 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Depends on what you mean by real information? The FIFA devs have already announced three new gameplay/AI features for FIFA 12 and that game doesn't come out until October. I understand that you don't want to announce new features that don't make it, but I honestly believe the Madden devs are keeping the cards too close to the chest if they don't release any real information with this video podcast.
Then you might be setting yourself up for a disappointment. The way they have released information in the past two years has been in small increments Feb-March and bigger doses April-July.

I really don't see that changing. They have always had to clear it by marketing before making any announcements.

I'd be surprised if that formula changes.

# 54 guaps @ 01/28/11 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Then you might be setting yourself up for a disappointment. The way they have released information in the past two years has been in small increments Feb-March and bigger doses April-July.

I really don't see that changing. They have always had to clear it by marketing before making any announcements.

I'd be surprised if that formula changes.
Well, judging from Ian's post, I don't think they'll do video podcast like last year. First of all, most people though last years video was a waste of time and Tiburon should have learned from that. Secondly, I cannot see why Ian would want to include some mocks or ANT footage if we don't get any real information.

However, I do agree that some things might be difficult to get by marketing as they seem to have a lot of power over Tiburon.

# 55 RazzBerry80 @ 01/28/11 04:14 PM
It needs to be something big. My friends have given up on Madden all together. They are some of the biggest football and Madden fans you could ever meet. But they won't touch it now.

# 56 roadman @ 01/28/11 04:16 PM
Quote:
Well, judging from Ian's post, I don't think they'll do video podcast like last year. First of all, most people though last years video was a waste of time and Tiburon should have learned from that. Secondly, I cannot see why Ian would want to include some mocks or ANT footage if we don't get any real information.

However, I do agree that some things might be difficult to get by marketing as they seem to have a lot of power over Tiburon.
Yeah, I agree they won't do a video like last year.

I'm just basing information on past history. And the year before last year, they gave us little nuggets of info till April on blogs.

By the time draft weekend comes around, the cover athlete is announced and the bigger guns come out.

Just don't want anyone caught off guard. I'm sure we'll still here, is that all the info they will give us?, responses.

# 57 guaps @ 01/28/11 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, I agree they won't do a video like last year.

I'm just basing information on past history. And the year before last year, they gave us little nuggets of info till April on blogs.

By the time draft weekend comes around, the cover athlete is announced and the bigger guns come out.

Just don't want anyone caught off guard. I'm sure we'll still here, is that all the info they will give us?, responses.
I concur, but secretly I hope that they will show something that'll make gameplay exciting again and renew my interest in the franchise

# 58 kjcheezhead @ 01/28/11 05:09 PM
Quote:
I concur, but secretly I hope that they will show something that'll make gameplay exciting again and renew my interest in the franchise
It's a catch-22. We want solid info but then look at this early Madden 10 blog:

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...irst-look.aspx

It talks about procedural awareness and an end to the no look db swat. Info like this had me really excited and renewed my interest in the game, but after playing one game of Madden 10, I realized procedural awareness worked nothing like the blog promised.

To this day I feel duped. I no longer have full confidence in the devs and consider most info just for feeding the hype machine until proven otherwise. The madden team would do more harm than good at this point by releasing info like this again, imo.

It's more important to me that the info is accurate instead of how big or small the info is. If they deliver in August, that when they will renew my interest in the franchise.

# 59 guaps @ 01/28/11 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
It's a catch-22. We want solid info but then look at this early Madden 10 blog:

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...irst-look.aspx

It talks about procedural awareness and an end to the no look db swat. Info like this had me really excited and renewed my interest in the game, but after playing one game of Madden 10, I realized procedural awareness worked nothing like the blog promised.

To this day I feel duped. I no longer have full confidence in the devs and consider most info just for feeding the hype machine until proven otherwise. The madden team would do more harm than good at this point by releasing info like this again, imo.

It's more important to me that the info is accurate instead of how big or small the info is. If they deliver in August, that when they will renew my interest in the franchise.
I'm not disagreeing, but I just think people put too much emphasis on the effect of these things. Yes, their heads can track the ball with PA and you can put in a new jumping animation, but many forget that the underlying AI is often still the same. DBs instantly react and the other receivers don't finish their route when the ball is thrown in Madden--no amount of PA or other animations can change that, because it's not an animation issue.

Tiburon needs to show something gameplay-related that people can look forward to trying themselves--such as better OL/DL blocking/interaction, proper tackling, realistic passing/route running etc. Showing new non-contact animations (like turning, jumping etc.) won't convince people to start playing Madden again, but would be in line with previous years as roadman put it.

# 60 kjcheezhead @ 01/28/11 07:21 PM
Quote:
I'm not disagreeing, but I just think people put too much emphasis on the effect of these things. Yes, their heads can track the ball with PA and you can put in a new jumping animation, but many forget that the underlying AI is often still the same. DBs instantly react and the other receivers don't finish their route when the ball is thrown in Madden--no amount of PA or other animations can change that, because it's not an animation issue.

Tiburon needs to show something gameplay-related that people can look forward to trying themselves--such as better OL/DL blocking/interaction, proper tackling, realistic passing/route running etc. Showing new non-contact animations (like turning, jumping etc.) won't convince people to start playing Madden again, but would be in line with previous years as roadman put it.
I'm putting emphasis on what the devs said the effect would be. The fact the underlying AI is essentially the same is what is wrong with this blog. What is being told is that PA will fix a key gameplay issue, not just be an animation improvement.

Quote: "So the videos really just showcase the technology…not how we implement that technology in our game to actually change the way the game is played. My story above about getting picked off by a DB that can’t see the ball? Well now we can make a DB track the ball realistically and we’ll make sure that he has a true line of sight before he can make a play on the ball."

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.