Fight Night Champion News Post

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 81 The Visualizer @ 01/31/11 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
someone mentioned flash ko punch needs to be a attribute, it is not all guys will have it some will be higher and some will be low. I'm not basing my judgement on this game based on video without my actual hands on it . I'll wait till Wednesday.
flash K.O. is an attribute, if a fighter has a rating of 20 (max rating) in a particular punch then it's possible they can get a fight ending K.O. with that punch

# 82 Hova57 @ 01/31/11 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
someone mentioned flash ko punch needs to be a attribute, it is not all guys will have it some will be higher and some will be low. I'm not basing my judgement on this game based on video without my actual hands on it . I'll wait till Wednesday.
Hey it would help if you used punctuation and people would understand you. Goof ball.

Yea Vis that's what I was trying to say.

# 83 DaveDQ @ 01/31/11 03:02 PM
I played quite a few fights offline and then 2 online. I lost both online fights, which I'm not surprised because I was more or less experimenting.

I like what I see and come away feeling like the game has made a step in the right direction but still seems like it is lacking in fulfilling its potential. First off, graphically the game gets an A+. I was even able to put enough right hands on Cotto that by the third round he had a nice bump above his left eye. Blood was also trickled along his and Manny's chest. Everything looks rich and deep with the graphics.

I like the new controls but played so much of FN4 that I was missing punches and throwing too many punches because of extra movement on the right stick. There is no sluggish feeling in throwing punches and body movement is done well. I really like the ability to step from side to side and in an out with a flick of the stick. Footwork in the sense of circling the ring is still sluggish but that step maneuver really adds to the footwork's quickness. Saying they didn't touch footwork would not be true. It's quicker and the ability to make your opponent miss is greater.

As far as stamina goes, I really feel like it's ok. Punches slow down and at the end of just 3 rounds fighters are losing a good amount of stamina. 10 rounds is going to be a big revealer, and I look forward to seeing how stamina runs in that long of a fight.

Presentation is rough. There are times when Joe and Teddy are silent and out of the blue Joe asks Teddy an obscure question that isn't even relevant. The fighter entrances are bad and the way this game closes out the fight is a mockery to the sport. They still do that flash to each fighter's expression, and I'm pretty sure it's so repetitive that we will be able to see who won before they actually announce it. It just adds to the already dull feeling the presentation gives.

One last thing I'll add is how they handle illegal blows. Unfortunately, the dev team must think it's cute to map a button so you can throw a headbutt or low blow. They did improve the way it goes about so that the fighter doesn't get stunned. I did one where Manny threw the headbutt and then raised his arm up. It's like there's an added animation in there so you can't directly throw a punch after you headbutt. So, I suppose you can excuse it.

Anyway, the demo leaves a positive feel for me. It's definitely a great looking game and should be a lot of fun.

# 84 Phobia @ 01/31/11 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I played quite a few fights offline and then 2 online. I lost both online fights, which I'm not surprised because I was more or less experimenting.

I like what I see and come away feeling like the game has made a step in the right direction but still seems like it is lacking in fulfilling its potential. First off, graphically the game gets an A+. I was even able to put enough right hands on Cotto that by the third round he had a nice bump above his left eye. Blood was also trickled along his and Manny's chest. Everything looks rich and deep with the graphics.

I like the new controls but played so much of FN4 that I was missing punches and throwing too many punches because of extra movement on the right stick. There is no sluggish feeling in throwing punches and body movement is done well. I really like the ability to step from side to side and in an out with a flick of the stick. Footwork in the sense of circling the ring is still sluggish but that step maneuver really adds to the footwork's quickness. Saying they didn't touch footwork would not be true. It's quicker and the ability to make your opponent miss is greater.

As far as stamina goes, I really feel like it's ok. Punches slow down and at the end of just 3 rounds fighters are losing a good amount of stamina. 10 rounds is going to be a big revealer, and I look forward to seeing how stamina runs in that long of a fight.

Presentation is rough. There are times when Joe and Teddy are silent and out of the blue Joe asks Teddy an obscure question that isn't even relevant. The fighter entrances are bad and the way this game closes out the fight is a mockery to the sport. They still do that flash to each fighter's expression, and I'm pretty sure it's so repetitive that we will be able to see who won before they actually announce it. It just adds to the already dull feeling the presentation gives.

One last thing I'll add is how they handle illegal blows. Unfortunately, the dev team must think it's cute to map a button so you can throw a headbutt or low blow. They did improve the way it goes about so that the fighter doesn't get stunned. I did one where Manny threw the headbutt and then raised his arm up. It's like there's an added animation in there so you can't directly throw a punch after you headbutt. So, I suppose you can excuse it.

Anyway, the demo leaves a positive feel for me. It's definitely a great looking game and should be a lot of fun.
Yea I am excited to get my hands on the demo this week and break the game down with some videos. I plan on sending some video footage of the issues to the devs.

My only big concern is punch accuracy. I can clearly see it is way higher than the community day build. A 6 to 7 punch exchange in the community day build was a LOONG exchange and your fighter would be spent. You would then be forced to back off and regain your breath.

I am not so worried about PERM stamina, I think it looks fine. But I think TEMP stamina needs to drain much faster.

# 85 DaveDQ @ 01/31/11 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia

I am not so worried about PERM stamina, I think it looks fine. But I think TEMP stamina needs to drain much faster.
I actually think it's ok. Especially if you make a guy miss, his temp stamina drops. This is where I was concerned though because I feel that even a punch that lands should drain a good portion.

I really like that step you can do though. It really adds to the footwork.

# 86 Vast @ 01/31/11 04:31 PM
Can somebody PM me the info to get the demo on 360 or PS3?? whichever is easier it doesn't matter to me.

I'm dying to play this. I'm glad to hear they added something to the footwork.

# 87 The Visualizer @ 01/31/11 04:44 PM
I've played a ton of demo matches in the past two days with my buddies our thoughts on the "issues" are this:

-Temporary stamina should be tweaked so you can't just throw back to back to back to back flurries. It only really seems to penalize you for throwing non-stop like a true spammer or 4 or more punches with the same hand. If you throw 3 or 4, pause just long enough to block 1 punch your stamina meter will be full again and you can rinse and repeat and throw pretty much all round long.

-I doubt they will make this adjustment, but if the sliders are similar to last year I will be increasing the amount of damage done per punch. You land real heavy shots in this game and it doesn't do much overall damage to your opponents health bar. There needs to be more risk/reward to throwing bombs and getting hit with good shots.

-Punch accuracy is too high, almost everything lands besides tall fighters throwing in close which has a chance of wrapping around the opponents head. I tweaked this pretty good in FNR4 with the sliders, hoping I can do the same in FN:C.

-Goes pretty much hand and hand with the accuracy, but it seems regardless of which method of blocking you use, punches seem to break thru your block and land a little too often for my taste. I understand the blocking mechanic and think it's an upgrade over FNR4 but blocking doesn't seem to work to well in general. I tried just defending (moving, blocking, leaning, and weaving) not throwing any punches against Pacquiao for 1 round and he still managed to land 22% of his punches, most were thru my blocks even when I seemingly timed them well.

-Getting hit with clean punches should interrupt you from throwing back in most cases. This is only the case with counter stuns in FN:C from what I've seen. I can load up the hardest possible power modified uppercut with Mike Tyson and Ali will just eat it and throw through it almost everytime... unacceptable

-Punch feigns are missing. They are a key part of the sweet science. This would have been an excellent strategic addition especially with how the new blocking mechanic works. Too bad we can't truly feign to get your opponent to lean a certain way or open up their block looking for a counter opportunity. Ahh the mind games we are missing out on this year...

Pretty happy with the game overall despite it's current flaws, hopefully most of my concerns will be fixed/fixable.

# 88 DaveDQ @ 01/31/11 05:13 PM
I agree that the stamina regains far too quickly and that punch accuracy is too high. I think stamina right now makes you think twice about slugging away but it would certainly help to see some more time transpire in the regeneration of it.

I'm actually enjoying the footwork in this game a whole lot more than I though I would. The previews don't give it justice. It's not perfect, and I am concerned about being able to bully your opponent without them being able to escape, but you can definitely jab and move.

# 89 Phobia @ 01/31/11 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
I've played a ton of demo matches in the past two days with my buddies our thoughts on the "issues" are this:

-Temporary stamina should be tweaked so you can't just throw back to back to back to back flurries. It only really seems to penalize you for throwing non-stop like a true spammer or 4 or more punches with the same hand. If you throw 3 or 4, pause just long enough to block 1 punch your stamina meter will be full again and you can rinse and repeat and throw pretty much all round long.

-I doubt they will make this adjustment, but if the sliders are similar to last year I will be increasing the amount of damage done per punch. You land real heavy shots in this game and it doesn't do much overall damage to your opponents health bar. There needs to be more risk/reward to throwing bombs and getting hit with good shots.

-Punch accuracy is too high, almost everything lands besides tall fighters throwing in close which has a chance of wrapping around the opponents head. I tweaked this pretty good in FNR4 with the sliders, hoping I can do the same in FN:C.

-Goes pretty much hand and hand with the accuracy, but it seems regardless of which method of blocking you use, punches seem to break thru your block and land a little too often for my taste. I understand the blocking mechanic and think it's an upgrade over FNR4 but blocking doesn't seem to work to well in general. I tried just defending (moving, blocking, leaning, and weaving) not throwing any punches against Pacquiao for 1 round and he still managed to land 22% of his punches, most were thru my blocks even when I seemingly timed them well.

-Getting hit with clean punches should interrupt you from throwing back in most cases. This is only the case with counter stuns in FN:C from what I've seen. I can load up the hardest possible power modified uppercut with Mike Tyson and Ali will just eat it and throw through it almost everytime... unacceptable

-Punch feigns are missing. They are a key part of the sweet science. This would have been an excellent strategic addition especially with how the new blocking mechanic works. Too bad we can't truly feign to get your opponent to lean a certain way or open up their block looking for a counter opportunity. Ahh the mind games we are missing out on this year...

Pretty happy with the game overall despite it's current flaws, hopefully most of my concerns will be fixed/fixable.
GREAT LIST Vis! I agree fully with your stance, even though I have not touched it since community day I can tell from the videos this is the problems.

I will be sending this post on to the dev team.

# 90 allBthere @ 01/31/11 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I agree that the stamina regains far too quickly and that punch accuracy is too high. I think stamina right now makes you think twice about slugging away but it would certainly help to see some more time transpire in the regeneration of it.

I'm actually enjoying the footwork in this game a whole lot more than I though I would. The previews don't give it justice. It's not perfect, and I am concerned about being able to bully your opponent without them being able to escape, but you can definitely jab and move.

But that's not how real stamina works! It should not regen slower!

People don't throw that many punches in round one because they are aware they will gas later, not because they can't physically do it. For example if Pac has a 3 round fight, I'm confident he could throw 400 punches without gasing completely.

It's more of a strategy over the long haul. Stamina doesn't deplete quickly and come back quickly. And punching isn't the most tiring thing, moving around the ring and sliping/ducking punches is taxing.

It's almost that there should be a punch-budget, and that body blows slow your legs down and make you more sluggish, but no 'deplete' your stamina per say. I would hate it if the bar depleted and was slow to come back in the 1st round or even any round. Who's to say I won't go balistic and throw 15 punches in a row a few times a fight - you see it all the time on tv.

# 91 allBthere @ 01/31/11 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I got flash KO'ed by Cotto in the 3rd round, I won the first 2 rounds 10-9, 10-9. I was dominating him in the 3rd as well, and out of no where I got rocked. That didn't really bother me, but was annoyed I lost. But I did like the aspect of a stray punch can knock anyone out at any point.
I'm starting to think that it's weighted in favour of the CPU. I get dropped and don't do a lot of dropping lol, but it's not as if I'm being dominated or even landing less power shots.

# 92 Phobia @ 01/31/11 07:30 PM
Quick heads up guys

I sent Brizzo Visualizer post and he quickly responded that he is working on a tuner set to address many of these areas and he hope to have it applied by the end of the week. So keep the feed back coming they are making adjustments as we speak.

They don't need a patch to make these changes. It is like Madden live tuner set so they can make changes basically instantly.

# 93 Vast @ 01/31/11 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Quick heads up guys

I sent Brizzo Visualizer post and he quickly responded that he is working on a tuner set to address many of these areas and he hope to have it applied by the end of the week. So keep the feed back coming they are making adjustments as we speak.

They don't need a patch to make these changes. It is like Madden live tuner set so they can make changes basically instantly.
Good to hear. Thanks

# 94 JayBee74 @ 01/31/11 11:06 PM
What time will the demo come out tomorrow (Tuesday, Feb 1st)?

# 95 Motown @ 01/31/11 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
What time will the demo come out tomorrow (Tuesday, Feb 1st)?
Demo live dates are as follows:

PS3:

North America: Feb 1st at 9pm EST
EU and UK: Feb 2nd at 8pm GMT
Asia: Feb 1st at 1am GMT
UK GAME Exclusive: Jan 30th at 4pm GMT

X360:

Gold Users: Feb 1st at 9am EST
Silver Users: Feb 8th at 9am EST
UK GAME Exclusive: Jan 30th at 2pm GMT

# 96 Steve_OS @ 02/01/11 05:45 AM
Since the demo is available now for the 360, closing this one up. Please post impressions from the demo, here.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ere-360-a.html

Thanks.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.