Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 MrChainsaw @ 02/04/11 04:11 PM
Speechless.

# 22 bwiggy33 @ 02/04/11 04:13 PM
Wow that trailer was insane! Actually all of them have been really good. Probabally the best trailers I have ever seen considering they are actually real gameplay footage. It's pretty funny how the umps actually made the right call on the ball being fair. We all know they didn't in the 2009 playoffs when the Twins and yanks played on a ball that Mauer hit down the right field line.

# 23 Vanman2425 @ 02/04/11 04:14 PM
Pretty unrealistic. The Yankees own the Twins. This would never happen in real life. I know he's the cover boy, but the Baby Jesus never shows up against the Yanks. For realism's sake, this should be a trailer of the Twins beating up on the Royals in a non-descript June game.

# 24 FroznYogurt @ 02/04/11 04:20 PM
Absolutely magnificent!

# 25 BDKiiing @ 02/04/11 04:42 PM
that chalk being kicked up....my gawwwwwdddd

# 26 Lewis160 @ 02/04/11 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Someone will beat Lewis160 before release, let's not encourage this...everyone on OS will want a dev award! Lol.

Looks awesome,
The only thing I wish was that there was a little "recoil" or bounce off the helmet on the tag at the plate...it would add to the feeling of the collision.

I don't know Yankee stadium OF config at all, but it seems like if the ball is spinning toward the line, hitting off the wall and then rolling toward CF 1 ft away from the wall like a hockey puck sent into the corner is the wrong result.

Spoiler

Lol...Hopefully

# 27 treyraq @ 02/04/11 04:45 PM
Who was catching for NY? #55...who is that, Martin?
And how did the ball not fly out of his glove with it wide open like that?

# 28 BiGVaTeR-- @ 02/04/11 05:27 PM
i just love the fact that the video is called Yankee killer the video it self was a bonus LOL

# 29 Joey @ 02/04/11 05:57 PM
Mauer is a career .290 hitter with a .394 OBP against the Yanks. Sure, he has better numbers against some other teams, but I wouldn't say they own him (for realism's sake).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanman2425
Pretty unrealistic. The Yankees own the Twins. This would never happen in real life. I know he's the cover boy, but the Baby Jesus never shows up against the Yanks. For realism's sake, this should be a trailer of the Twins beating up on the Royals in a non-descript June game.

# 30 Vanman2425 @ 02/04/11 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Mauer is a career .290 hitter with a .394 OBP against the Yanks. Sure, he has better numbers against some other teams, but I wouldn't say they own him (for realism's sake).
Not in the playoffs.

# 31 ryan36 @ 02/04/11 06:13 PM
back on topic, guys

# 32 Sco291 @ 02/04/11 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing808s
Anyone notice how Jorge Posada was catching at the beginning then Jesus Montero out of nowhere is catching when the camera zooms in again? LOL goof.
#55 was Russell Martin...

but anyway this footage is insane. I cannot wait to play this game! ugh

# 33 Rob_NYY @ 02/04/11 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanman2425
Pretty unrealistic. The Yankees own the Twins. This would never happen in real life.
Don't worry, what the trailer didn't show was the yanks owning the Twins bullpen later in the game.

# 34 sydrogerdavid @ 02/04/11 07:06 PM
Chalk line in the outfield? Yeah, right.

I'm sure that most stadiums have wooden lines in the outfield. The old Busch did.

# 35 sportdan30 @ 02/04/11 07:07 PM
Once again we get broadcast commentary from those NOT in the game! Trailers are nice, but seriously, how necessary are they? I know I know...it's all about marketing. However, I'd much rather the money go towards significantly upgrading the presentation. It's frustrating because the game could be absolutely golden if the presentation caught up to the game play.

# 36 Bullit @ 02/04/11 07:13 PM
This is just nuts. I can't wait until March I am going crazy with anticipation. I love the way the dust kicks up on the foul line, don't remember seeing that before.

# 37 econoodle @ 02/04/11 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing808s
Right! I forgot he signed with the Yanks.
how were you able to? I am trying

# 38 keymax @ 02/04/11 07:33 PM
Can this game be any more realistic?
Prototypical Twins hit: a bloop double the other way

# 39 Perfect Zero @ 02/04/11 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
Once again we get broadcast commentary from those NOT in the game! Trailers are nice, but seriously, how necessary are they? I know I know...it's all about marketing. However, I'd much rather the money go towards significantly upgrading the presentation. It's frustrating because the game could be absolutely golden if the presentation caught up to the game play.
Are you complaining about the fact that they used real life commentary in these trailers? I hate to break it to you, but the marketing department's funds are separate from the production funds.

# 40 abjsuperstar @ 02/04/11 07:53 PM
now thats a video.. and yes im a twins fan.. looking forward to using my twins.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.