Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Playstation.Blog has just posted another MLB 11 The Show blog, which focuses on stadium realism and ambiance.

Quote:
"With MLB 11 The Show, we’ve built upon our improvements to the realism by including stadium-specific jumbotrons, true-to-life out-of-town scoreboards, and weather effects such as rain and new improved skies and cloud coverage. These realistic enhancements to the game help make MLB 11 The Show not only look like the real thing, but they truly give you the feeling that you are at a live game."

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 WB1214 @ 02/10/11 10:02 PM
Stadiums look amazing. Guys do great work.

# 42 Cubfan @ 02/10/11 10:15 PM
Awesome work by the team the jumbotrons and the diffrent look to the skys. Hurry up March 8th.

# 43 DJ @ 02/11/11 01:04 AM
Another great trailer. I put my pre-order in today (I was on the fence b/c I'm still playing 10, but caved) and thanks to GameStop's 50% trade-in bonus, I not only have credit to get the game, but I'll be getting the controller as well, without having to pay anything out of pocket

MLB 11 and NBA 2K11 are seriously going to be the only games I play this year until Batman: AC and Uncharted 3 are released. Should make for a fun spring/summer of gaming.

# 44 lathrowback @ 02/11/11 02:25 AM
Does anyone know, at ATT park,if you hit a HR,does it shoot up water on the Archways?

# 45 McCannFann @ 02/11/11 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Mission accomplished
Just fulfilling my required Braves fan duties.

# 46 dickey1331 @ 02/11/11 02:43 AM
Rangers stadium looks amazing. I cannot wait for this game.

# 47 Jishin75 @ 02/11/11 05:46 AM
That rainy sky..... this is something you can see in many place and this will add reality to something almost real.
I'm looking forward to see how it will effect the gameplay. Seems like it's the most natural way.
Good work!

# 48 HITTERSAURUS REX @ 02/11/11 07:37 AM
OK, who's the jokester responsible that wanted to add the New York Mets in and make them the clowns. First in one of the edit (24 sec in) They show Petco's park score board showing the Mets shutout and lose to the Pirates 4 -0. Then they show Johan Santana (57 sec in) checking on his Pitching arm as he's still maybe feeling offseason surgery woes. Then they round it up showing David Wright (59 sec in) throw a ball to Ike Davis and he can't scoop it up and the crowd gets on him..

Ahhh you gotta love it..

# 49 sink4ever @ 02/11/11 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
if the weather isnt gameplay functional, it doesnt matter to me
It is functional in that the wet grass will impact fielders.

# 50 Joey @ 02/11/11 10:15 AM
I've read your recent posts in several different threads, and it appears that you're not well informed on everything '11 has to offer. I would encourage you to read through the Community Day Impressions and Community Day Discussion threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
if the weather isnt gameplay functional, it doesnt matter to me

# 51 jestep123 @ 02/11/11 11:48 AM
Fireworks out of the stacks at GABP. Finally!!! First day purchase for me now.

Ahhh, who am I kidding, I was going to buy it anyway. Selling my MLB 10 the Show to someone today. I wash my hands of baseball until March 8th. I want to the game to have that "new season" smell.

Dont act like you dont know what I am talking about. lol.

# 52 HustlinOwl @ 02/11/11 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestep123
Fireworks out of the stacks at GABP. Finally!!! First day purchase for me now.

Ahhh, who am I kidding, I was going to buy it anyway. Selling my MLB 10 the Show to someone today. I wash my hands of baseball until March 8th. I want to the game to have that "new season" smell.

Dont act like you dont know what I am talking about. lol.
Did you see LF wall!!!

# 53 jestep123 @ 02/11/11 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Did you see LF wall!!!

I did and it is also great, now if we can just get it to annoyingly blink and flash like it does constatly on the TV broadcasts..it would be perfect

# 54 emath @ 02/11/11 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestep123
I did and it is also great, now if we can just get it to annoyingly blink and flash like it does constatly on the TV broadcasts..it would be perfect

I also would have liked to see a red truck out in LF, or something similar, but it doesn't look like it. Looks like there might be something sitting up there, but I can't tell what it is.

# 55 Dazraz @ 02/11/11 01:17 PM
With such stadium specific detail every game will feel different. Can't wait for this game.

# 56 rspencer86 @ 02/11/11 01:37 PM
The true-to-life scoreboards make the stadiums look 1000 times better than before (and they already looked great!). Kauffman's huge CF scoreboard looks incredible.

Great work guys! I'm sure programming all of these scoreboards to really work took a minute or two...

# 57 kenkraly2004 @ 02/11/11 02:26 PM
The Stadium Realism and Ambiance looks great can't wait to see what progressive field in cleveland and turner field in atlanta looks like when I get the game March 8th. Great job SCEA.

# 58 jestep123 @ 02/11/11 03:18 PM
I mean seriously, unless you look really close, you cant tell if these pics are from actual games or video games. Outstanding.

# 59 Aschulz484 @ 02/11/11 08:18 PM
The stadiums just look amzing and the clouds. But, does it rain at night aswell or just day games.

# 60 pay26 @ 02/11/11 08:45 PM
excellent work, sold my xbox 360 to buy a PS3 and will be my first video game in mlb the show 11

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.