Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

Check out the first actual gameplay with announcers for NASCAR The Game 2011.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Cubfan @ 02/16/11 06:22 PM
You would think they would want reviews out as soon as possible.

# 22 Rules @ 02/16/11 07:10 PM
It looks like the game is shaping up nicely. The announcers is a nice addition but it doesn't sound natural as it comes off a little robotic. Would have been cool to have the real announcers for the Sprint Cup as it would have been sweet to hear "boogity boogity boogity.......let's go racing boys!"

Damage model looks good but that should have affected Juan's ability to move through the pack more than that. They definitely need to penalize those who are unable to race clean. Keeps it from becoming bumper cars.

Crew chief giving advice is really good. Hoping to hear more of it applying to the actual race at hand and even more so with the situation.

Overall, not bad for a first effort!

# 23 ExtremeGamer @ 02/17/11 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
You would think they would want reviews out as soon as possible.
Yeah, that kinda worries me. Reminds me too much of F1. This may be a wait and see title for me right now. March 29th is just too crowded with games and Shift 2 looks to be the more dominate racing title at this time.

I want to like this and want to get it, just scared with how bad F1 was out of the box.

# 24 ExtremeGamer @ 02/17/11 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
The fact they moved the release to late March from mid February gives me reason to suspect it won't be like F1. I believe they were well aware of Codemasters debacle as there was a thread over on Eutechnix's forum discussing it, i.e., "hope NASCAR The Game doesn't do the same thing".

If their developers are to be believed, the game was more or less in a shippable state for the mid-February goal, but they delayed it to polish it up that much more. I believe F1 may have been in the back of their minds somewhere. My two cents.
Totally agree with that, but then hearing them say that they aren't sending out reviewable copies because it's going to be worked on up till a week before release tells me otherwise.

I really hope you're right.

# 25 Papi34 @ 02/17/11 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Not the final build. This game will actually be worked on until about week before release. They are not doing the pressing until 2-3 days before shipping. So no one is going to have a retail version for the review. This may change, but I just confirmed this info late last week.
Thanks for that. I guess it's a glass half full kind of thing. Half full in that they're working on making the best product for release and half empty in that the game is buggy as heck and needs working on right up to release.

I'm going for glass half full!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.