Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

Pastapadre did some digging around the 2K community online league website and found quite a few MLB 2K11 player ratings.

Quote:
"A great deal of player ratings for MLB 2K11 are out as they were publicly accessible on the 2K community online league website. I’ve collected all the teams that were being used which amounts to 22 of them and put them in the gallery dedicated to the player ratings for ease of browsing. The teams not found were the Padres, Nationals, Tigers, White Sox, Orioles, Reds, Diamondbacks, and Pirates."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jeffy777 @ 02/16/11 10:13 PM
Thanks for posting this man.

Here's a bit of context from Pasta's article:

Quote:
A great deal of player ratings for MLB 2K11 are out as they were publicly accessible on the 2K community online league website. I’ve collected all the teams that were being used which amounts to 22 of them and put them in the gallery dedicated to the player ratings for ease of browsing. The teams not found were the Padres, Nationals, Tigers, White Sox, Orioles, Reds, Diamondbacks, and Pirates.

If you hunt around on that site you’ll actually be able to find breakdowns for pitcher’s individual ratings as well. Keep in mind that any oddities in regards to the rosters are likely due to trades made within those online leagues or fantasy drafts having been completed at the outset. For example Vernon Wells is on the roster for the Blue Jays and the Tigers and White Sox were mostly made of players from other teams so I left them out. Justin Verlander (92), Magglio Ordonez (84), and Adam Dunn (86) were listed however.

There are also players who have signed somewhat recently such as Manny Ramirez and Johnny Damon that are not on the rosters. Either they didn’t make the cut for the default rosters or the leagues were set up prior. Generally the cutoff date comes in mid-January.
http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/02/16...player-ratings

# 2 ssryry29 @ 02/16/11 10:30 PM
I dont understand why the Yankees ratings are so low? Why is this?

# 3 BlackBetty15 @ 02/16/11 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssryry29
I dont understand why the Yankees ratings are so low? Why is this?
I think they are pretty accurate given the age of the team. The only one I think is bonk is AJ burnett whom I think jsut had a baaaaad year. I think he will bounce back in a huge way this year.

# 4 TeixeiraFanatic @ 02/16/11 10:34 PM
I don't understand how Madison Bumgarner is an 84 while Jaime Garcia is an 81. Doesn't really make sense to me.

# 5 tvman @ 02/16/11 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeixeiraFanatic
I don't understand how Madison Bumgarner is an 84 while Jaime Garcia is an 81. Doesn't really make sense to me.

Because Bumgarner is awesome.

I'm a Giants fan by the way.

Really i guess there isn't much difference between 81 and 84 both pretty good for rookies. Giants won the WS don't forget so there is your answer!

# 6 tvman @ 02/16/11 10:53 PM
Am i missing something, all i see are overall ratings and fielding, catching and running, nothing on hitting just overall?

# 7 mph2k @ 02/16/11 11:16 PM
Were are Manny & Damon on the Rays lineup?

# 8 SPTO @ 02/16/11 11:19 PM
Hmm one would think Brandon Morrow and Ricky Romero would be more like 80-81 instead of the ratings they got.

Also it's a little dated as Vernon Wells is still on the Jays and Jon Rauch isn't on the roster.

# 9 jeffy777 @ 02/16/11 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mph2k
Were are Manny & Damon on the Rays lineup?
The article explains it:

Quote:
A great deal of player ratings for MLB 2K11 are out as they were publicly accessible on the 2K community online league website. I’ve collected all the teams that were being used which amounts to 22 of them and put them in the gallery dedicated to the player ratings for ease of browsing. The teams not found were the Padres, Nationals, Tigers, White Sox, Orioles, Reds, Diamondbacks, and Pirates.

If you hunt around on that site you’ll actually be able to find breakdowns for pitcher’s individual ratings as well. Keep in mind that any oddities in regards to the rosters are likely due to trades made within those online leagues or fantasy drafts having been completed at the outset. For example Vernon Wells is on the roster for the Blue Jays and the Tigers and White Sox were mostly made of players from other teams so I left them out. Justin Verlander (92), Magglio Ordonez (84), and Adam Dunn (86) were listed however.

There are also players who have signed somewhat recently such as Manny Ramirez and Johnny Damon that are not on the rosters. Either they didn’t make the cut for the default rosters or the leagues were set up prior. Generally the cutoff date comes in mid-January.

Plus, we know there will be frequent roster updates as soon as the game is released, so they'll be on the Rays.

# 10 dodgerblue @ 02/17/11 12:00 AM
John Lindsey instead of James Loney is a head scracther for the boys in blue. I'd say these rosters need a little work.

# 11 DeuceDouglas @ 02/17/11 12:32 AM
yeah, it has James Loney on the Mariners roster.

# 12 Hapshoops32 @ 02/17/11 01:19 AM
Gotta say, the Red Sox batting lineup looks just as good as the Phillies pitching rotation... I think with the exception of J.D. Drew, everyone in the lineup is 80+ overall! I'm drooling at that matchup for the World Series already - Philly and Boston all the way!

# 13 rudyjuly2 @ 02/17/11 05:36 AM
Here is some Tiger info. Couldn't find any batter ratings but this is a nice start. Lots of fielding ratings.

Note that they show a full hit chart on the individual player in the sports blog now. Very nice.

# 14 tvman @ 02/17/11 09:39 AM
I don't understand all this online league stuff but are these guys somehow playing a beta 2k11 game?

# 15 Blazzen @ 02/17/11 10:41 AM
Tommy Hanson @ 87, tied with Tim Hudson, is overrated. Timmy probably deserves 88-90, and Tommy 85. Jair Jurrjens got snubbed a bit, he was hurt last year led to higher ERA. Think he deserves an 82.

Heyward @ 88 seems a bit overrated. 85ish imo. Martin Prado should've been higher. Chipper at 78 hurts, but its probably about right.

Overall the ratings were pretty good this year. The dynamic ratings will be really cool too. I'm actually excited for the game this year. I just hope they don't find a way to **** it up like they have the last few years.

# 16 anchorsteamer @ 02/17/11 11:58 AM
What I didn't see listed anywhere was potential, which seems to factor a lot more in 2k11. It's possible, too, that with dynamic ratings, some of these players in franchise and during the regular season will achieve beyond their base rating, which I think accounts for some of the lows. For example, the Phil's rotation has high marks generally, but as we all saw in the NLCS, a hot hitter (Cody Ross) or hot staff (Giants) could still prevail.

# 17 Wavebird99 @ 02/17/11 01:36 PM
The ratings seem ok, but I dont like some of the Yankee ones:

Cano should be higher than a 90, and A-Rod should be lower than a 91. Cano is more of a 92-94 type guy to me.

AJ Burnett should be a little higher than 77, probably around like 79.

Joba shouldnt be higher than Robertson. Robertson should be closer to 80 like he was at one point last year.

Other than that the ratings seem ok. The Red Sox definitely look like the best team in the game. Tons of players rated 80+.

# 18 Freak123 @ 02/17/11 02:38 PM
Ratings seem to be really great this year, very accurate in my opinion. Only a few gripes, and these are all a matter of opinion so here's mine.

Zack Greinke should be upped from 91 to 94 or 95.

Cliff Lee should be about a 97, not a 95.

Roy Halladay should be a 99, best pitcher in baseball no doubt.

Jason Hayward should be an 84 or 85, not an 88.

Alex Rodriguez should be about an 85 or 86, not a 91.

Robinson Cano should be a 92 or 93, not a 90.

Johan Santana should be about an 86 or 87, not a 89.

I can go on but the ratings are pretty much accurate, and if they're off it's just by a couple ratings. Really looking forward to this year's game!

# 19 gigadkc @ 02/17/11 04:03 PM
Mitre has a higher rating than Burnett? Seriously? That's straight up selfpwning.

# 20 Wavebird99 @ 02/17/11 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigadkc
Mitre has a higher rating than Burnett? Seriously? That's straight up selfpwning.
Yeah I actually just noticed that now.

Not a fan of some of the ratings for sure.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.