Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 strut24 @ 02/17/11 08:56 PM
I couldn't tell if there's an option to just let the camera be whatever the home teams normal camera angle is. Does anyone know or will I have to manually switch it every series?

# 22 Phillies2010 @ 02/17/11 09:13 PM
So amazing, every game needs this feature

# 23 Knight165 @ 02/17/11 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
I couldn't tell if there's an option to just let the camera be whatever the home teams normal camera angle is. Does anyone know or will I have to manually switch it every series?
I believe the default is the home team camera....and you can change the default to whatever you like from there(for each team)

M.K.
Knight165

# 24 CaptainZombie @ 02/17/11 09:24 PM
WOW!

# 25 Tommyklaid @ 02/17/11 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
That is very nice! The only thing missing now is a depth of field tool, but I'm sure you can find what you want through the presets.

How do we account for "flipping" the image if we wanted to depending on whether a righty or lefty is batting, if our camera is uniquely offset in such a way that we would prefer that flipped image? Hopefully it will account for this on its own.

That's a GREAT question...I would like to know as well.

# 26 WhiteM5 @ 02/17/11 10:30 PM
Of course its great...but as the wet blanket in this thread...where is the fielding cam editor tool???? Is framerate the reason why we cant fiddle with fielding cams?

# 27 Skyboxer @ 02/17/11 10:36 PM
Awesome addition!!!!

# 28 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/17/11 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteM5
Of course its great...but as the wet blanket in this thread...where is the fielding cam editor tool???? Is framerate the reason why we cant fiddle with fielding cams?
The issue is the fielding camera is not static and is dynamic.

# 29 Doormat @ 02/17/11 10:45 PM
PERFECT for montages
I picked a great year to buy myself a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle. HD quality here I come!

# 30 WhiteM5 @ 02/17/11 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
The issue is the fielding camera is not static and is dynamic.
I understand that, but wouldn't a camera placed in the second deck be able to track the ball from it's fixed position? Or what if I wanted my fielding cam to be from the press box? Or 40 feet above the catcher looking out?

Due to terrible angles or distance, there would be limits to what cam positions would actually be suitable for fielding, but that decision would be up to the individual gamer, no?

# 31 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/17/11 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteM5
I understand that, but wouldn't a camera placed in the second deck be able to track the ball from it's fixed position? Or what if I wanted my fielding cam to be from the press box? Or 40 feet above the catcher looking out?

Due to terrible angles or distance, there would be limits to what cam positions would actually be suitable for fielding, but that decision would be up to the individual gamer, no?
I assume each dynamic camera and it's zoom etc is all hand made. Thus there really is no way to have it so you can do custom, only they can add more "preset" options/cameras.

Trust me, if it was something easy enough, it would be in the game.

I do recall Ramone saying they may add more next year.

# 32 WhiteM5 @ 02/17/11 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I assume each dynamic camera and it's zoom etc is all hand made. Thus there really is no way to have it so you can do custom, only they can add more "preset" options/cameras.

Trust me, if it was something easy enough, it would be in the game.

I do recall Ramone saying they may add more next year.
I'm a big supporter of the devs. This isn't about anyone being lazy. I think the easiest solution would be to go nba2k11 style and just offer 20 different cams. That seems easy enough...something they could have done 5 years ago instead of low, medium, high since the late 90s. Everyone really seemed to like it when they added broadcast cams last year...I think they can expand on the camera issue further. Crossing fingers again for next year. :-)

# 33 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/17/11 11:18 PM
Trust me, they want to. It all comes down to development time.

# 34 DubTrey1 @ 02/17/11 11:19 PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome. No reason to strike out so many freakin' times!!!

# 35 Braves Fan @ 02/18/11 12:17 AM
This is amazing, my question is are you able to use this feature in MOM?

# 36 Knight165 @ 02/18/11 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
This is amazing, my question is are you able to use this feature in MOM?
I begged.
We'll see.
It wasn't in when we were there......that started my begging.

M.K.
Knight165

# 37 myghty @ 02/18/11 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
OMG love this I always hate when I can't tell if the ball will hit the bottom strikezone, or the dirt, this will be awesome for me.
I'm with you on this. Have always wanted the camera closer to the ground when batting & now I will have it!!!

# 38 Braves Fan @ 02/18/11 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I begged.
We'll see.
It wasn't in when we were there......that started my begging.

M.K.
Knight165
Well that's disappointing, thanks for working on behalf of MOM players Knight. Hopefully they were able to get this in there, if not oh well.

# 39 DJ @ 02/18/11 01:06 AM
It just keeps getting better. The broadcast view for Citi Field looked incredible. I like that you can change the size of the analog meter for pitching, and the biggie for me is being able to change the batting camera. I think this will help me draw more walks this year, as I can get the batting camera just where I want it, better helping me judge high/low pitches.

# 40 Shakedowncapo @ 02/18/11 01:19 AM
I like that zoomed out batters view @ 1:02... Mmmmmmmmmm

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.