MLB 11 The Show News Post

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 countryboy @ 02/19/11 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syhr_nyy
this game will be released on march 8 right...?
i live in asia n confused about the release date..
is it march 8 too in asia..?
or is it march 9...?

help...
game is released on March 8th. As for when it will be released for Asia, might wanna ask in/read thru this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...al-thread.html

# 62 RoyalBoyle78 @ 02/19/11 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
game is released on March 8th. As for when it will be released for Asia, might wanna ask in/read thru this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...al-thread.html
I will have it before the 8th

# 63 Mr. Franchise @ 02/19/11 01:09 PM
What was the point of getting a new commentator if you're just gonna make him say the same lines? I'm sorry, but the commentary is just God-awful...

# 64 True Talent @ 02/19/11 01:36 PM
My only complaint is that the first two batters swung at the first pitch.

# 65 wrigleyville33 @ 02/19/11 01:39 PM
Yeah I don't feel how you guys can really get this excited over this clip. It looks straight out of mlb '10.

# 66 LastActionHero @ 02/19/11 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
Yeah I don't feel how you guys can really get this excited over this clip. It looks straight out of mlb '10.
Okay.
I on the other hand was blown away.
Everything is so much more fluid on the field. And for some reason I really notice the grass improvement and the new lighting!

# 67 Heroesandvillains @ 02/19/11 03:33 PM
Where's the video?

I clicked the embedded link, but it had other video, not Show Related...

I searched the site too, and the most current video was posted on the 10th.

Any ideas?

# 68 nemesis04 @ 02/19/11 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
Where's the video?

I clicked the embedded link, but it had other video, not Show Related...

I searched the site too, and the most current video was posted on the 10th.

Any ideas?
Throw your phone in the garbage!

# 69 wrigleyville33 @ 02/19/11 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
Wow. I have no idea how you could say that.
How? Look at the video and go play '10... nothing groundbreaking.

# 70 ped3328 @ 02/19/11 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemens
why, on every gameplay video dustributed so far, players are so anxious pressing X between pitches. Want to see a realtime gameflow where sometimes batter just call a timeout and take his time to enter batting box.

But the new look & feel is just fabulous !!!
I believe we did see one viedo where Ryan Howard calls time out. By the way, which button shall we press to call time out when at bat? Also, when the CPU is hitting and say I take too much time releasing my pitch, will he call time out or just engage into a chat with the catcher and the plate umpire like in the '10 version? Any idea, guys?

# 71 Sco291 @ 02/19/11 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
What was the point of getting a new commentator if you're just gonna make him say the same lines? I'm sorry, but the commentary is just God-awful...
I agree. The commentators need to be talking WITHIN and TO one another. Not so obviously AFTER one another, if that makes sense.

I do LOVE the addition of Karros though, def an improvement of Hudler, and is a great sign of a step in the right direction as far as commentary goes with the franchise. I thinbk commentary and franchise need to be the top 2 focal poionts for 12. But Karros was very very refreshing.

# 72 Heroesandvillains @ 02/19/11 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Throw your phone in the garbage!
It's official:

I am no longer posting questions on video links until I make 10 clicks on the link. For some reason, this thing likes to make me work for information...as opposed to you guys, that don't even break a sweat and get your information immediately.

So yeah, it worked. 10th time a charm.

I think my iTouch is like an old tubed radio...it needs a little time to get warmed up.

Good advice Nem.

# 73 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 02/19/11 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ped3328
I wrote COMMENTS, but I should have written COMMENTARIES. It's not so much the individuals themselves but rather the fact they use the same lines they have kept using for years. I just wish they were more pertinent. It just sounds better in the other game produced by you know who. Let's give credit where credit is due. But the addition of Karros is a step in the right direction.
I think Matt V. does a fine job calling the play by play at a natural pace but I agree that the color commentary sounds very "canned" and unnatural and needs to blend together smoother and faster to sound like a real broadcast

Anyone remember how amazing and natural flowing ASB 05's commentary sounded with Tom Brenaman doing play by play and Steve Lyons & Bob Brenley handling the color

"The Show" should use ASB's solid commentary as a foundation to build from

# 74 ped3328 @ 02/19/11 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
How much quality content do you think could be added in one development cycle? If SCEA was holding back they could have easily introduced the 3 facets of analog (hitting, pitching and throwing) over the course of 3 cycles.
It would not have made much sense in that context. Their product is fabulous. No denying of that. It's just that it's a business, and they're out to make money and they know how to go about it. And that's Ok with me. In defense of SCEA though, they do listen to their customers and try to please them. And when they realize something's wrong, they correct the situation at hand in the form of patches. And they react quite swiftly too. Not being a community guy, I suppose it's easier for me to see things in a different perspective.

# 75 Tommyklaid @ 02/19/11 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
I think Matt V. does a fine job calling the play by play at a natural pace but I agree that the color commentary sounds very "canned" and unnatural and needs to blend together smoother and faster to sound like a real broadcast

Anyone remember how amazing and natural flowing ASB 05's commentary sounded with Tom Brenaman doing play by play and Steve Lyons & Bob Brenley handling the color

"The Show" should use ASB's solid commentary as a foundation to build from

...I love how I'm hearin' all these ASB references....every year I hear the same thing - ASB this, ASB that.

# 76 ripwalk @ 02/19/11 04:30 PM
Speaking of commentary, what is with the long silent pause between Pedroia's out and Crawford taking his first strike? I don't recall any long breaks in the commentary like that in MLB10.

# 77 countryboy @ 02/19/11 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
Speaking of commentary, what is with the long silent pause between Pedroia's out and Crawford taking his first strike? I don't recall any long breaks in the commentary like that in MLB10.
technical difficulties.

# 78 nemesis04 @ 02/19/11 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
There were. I believe they are allowing for the sounds/atmosphere of the ballpark to be heard to immerse you in the experience.

# 79 El_MaYiMbE @ 02/19/11 04:51 PM
Saw video for 3rd time and noticed one more small thing.

Hughes had Crawford 0-2 in the first inning after retiring the first 2 batters of the game on 2 pitches.

Why wasn't the crowd going nuts on the 0-2 pitch? This didn't happen in the last few years either, but I thought atmosphere was improved. This is something that I would say is atmosphere and WAS NOT improved on.

Aside from that and left-centerfield banner (yet to be confirmed if it is IRL) I'm loving everything else about that video.

# 80 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 02/19/11 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
...I love how I'm hearin' all these ASB references....every year I hear the same thing - ASB this, ASB that.
Take a listen to that ASB 2004 commentary and tell me that's not what people are asking "The Show" to be more like

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/a...eo%3Btitle%3B2

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.