Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Mauer Mondays continue at Gamestop with another MLB 11 The Show video. This one is a gameplay clip between the St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Heroesandvillains @ 02/22/11 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwings832
LOL...man that just made my day especially the last parts...the only thing I really have to say is that it looks really good, and I do think things flow a lot better...and the camera angles for each broadcasts teach makes it look just that much better as well.
The broadcast cams are what I'm practically the most excited about. I mean, 81 games with one camera and a handful of games with others should really seperate my home/road ERA. Whether or not this one of the intentions of the Devs for implementing this, I'm so excited to actually have a disadvantage on the road this year.

# 182 jestep123 @ 02/22/11 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
The broadcast cams are what I'm practically the most excited about. I mean, 81 games with one camera and a handful of games with others should really seperate my home/road ERA. Whether or not this one of the intentions of the Devs for implementing this, I'm so excited to actually have a disadvantage on the road this year.
Hadnt thought of this, an additonal dissadvantage of playing on the road. It will be akin to having to get used to a new mound.

+1

# 183 42 @ 02/22/11 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I don't know if heat does or not.
Actually, I'm not sure what park effects are in place except for wind.

M.K.
Knight165

Brian chimed in on this last year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan80
Does the ball travel farther in Coors Field due to the thinner air? I know my geek meter is pegging, but I was wondering if you guys put in air resistance in your equations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SCEA
This does happen in high altitude stadiums like Coors, and the open desert stadiums in the minors (Turbine, Flagstone, etc..). The opposite effect isn't as big as this in sea level / cold stadiums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SCEA
One other thing you can see when in these stadiums is your pitch breaks are slightly lower. Your pitch speeds are slightly higher. This is visible in the pitch break indicator in 1P games.

# 184 vinny_b @ 02/22/11 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black59Razr
The video showed a game time temperature of 90 degrees. Has anyone seen anything about this effecting ball flight?
thanks for re-posting this. If you have time, try to copy/paste the entire question you asked.

btw, i've been asking for this gameplay addition, each of the past 5 years.

_

# 185 ckarlic @ 02/22/11 03:00 PM
Kind of bored so I watched the video again and loved the lighting differences and how the shadows changed from the first inning to the 9th inning.

# 186 vinny_b @ 02/22/11 03:07 PM
Quote:
Posters that harp on socks, stances, etc. are really only extremely active on this site a couple of months before/after release. I always wonder where these guys are around July/August? This is when their critiques could actually get some attention and be implemented into the next installment.

to me these individuals should be posting in a different forum. In a land, far away. As they make a bad name for the rest of us who care about non-trivial matters and appreciate what SCEA does on an annual basis.

is 'MLB The Show' perfect? Not quite. However, at least the developer pays attention to their fanbase and strives very hard to improve the title, each year.

the criticisms regarding the appearance of Wrigley Field (earlier in this thread) are unfounded. And frankly an embarrassment.

thank you SCEA.

_

# 187 Joey @ 02/22/11 03:10 PM
Excellent idea! I actually figured I'd find a hitting camera I liked (or customize one) and stick with it, but I like the thought of performing differently in other parks because of the unfamiliarity of the camera.

Quote:

# 188 Sportsforever @ 02/22/11 03:13 PM
How anyone can watch that video and not be impressed with the visuals I don't understand. I do wish whoever was playing didn't a) skip through all the presentation and b) didn't swing at EVERYTHING.

I honestly can't believe how they make this game look THAT much better each year...you would think there is a ceiling, but these guys keep breaking through it.

# 189 Shakedowncapo @ 02/22/11 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_b
to me these individuals should be posting in a different forum. In a land, far away. As they make a bad name for the rest of us who care about non-trivial matters and appreciate what SCEA does on an annual basis.

is 'MLB The Show' perfect? Not quite. However, at least the developer pays attention to their fanbase and strives very hard to improve the title, each year.

the criticisms regarding the appearance of Wrigley Field (earlier in this thread) are unfounded. And frankly an embarrassment.

thank you SCEA.

_
You people who complain about the people who critique the game are just as boring...

# 190 vinny_b @ 02/22/11 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
You people who complain about the people who critique the game are just as boring...
it was a necessary statement.

do you want SCEA to pack their bags and go home?? It may happen, if those type of baseless posts continue to dominate this board.

_

# 191 Heroesandvillains @ 02/22/11 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Excellent idea! I actually figured I'd find a hitting camera I liked (or customize one) and stick with it, but I like the thought of performing differently in other parks because of the unfamiliarity of the camera.
Last year, with the meter, the game was really only competitive for me on HOF. This was completely my fault though. I insisted on pitching with the Catcher's view for the larger meter size and strike zone.

When I heard about the new pitching cams for each individual ball park, I realized that I can actually stay on AS this year, and have that akward feeling feeling when taking my Yanks into Toronto, etc. Hopefully turning my 3.80 - 3.90 overall AS ERA (which is why I jumped to HOF at the end) into a 3.90 at home and 4.20 road split, balancing my pitching out. (BTW, I had to play on AS with Classic pitching, even with the Catcher's view...)

I've never been more excited about a feature in a game before. Ever.

# 192 spitoon @ 02/22/11 03:31 PM
Yeah, it looks good.

I'll go with the common 'complaint' in that there hasn't been much improvement in the commentary for a few years running. Adding Karos is good, but if he's just regurgitating Rex's old lines then it's probably going to get tired pretty quickly. I'm not sure if its just the compression of the video or what, but Karos sounds somehow 'disconnected' to me...?

I know revamping the entire commentary would be a daunting task, although if someone can pull it off it's the SCEA guys. I'd be a bit worried about the first iteration being full of problems, but I think it's really the 'next big thing' for this series.

# 193 WAZ @ 02/22/11 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
So are those of you who gripe about the people who complain about the people who critique the game...

# 194 tinpanalley @ 02/22/11 03:35 PM
I don't know. I've been playing since 06 and this game just feels dead to me. Just a personal observation. It seems lacking in energy. It has gone unchanged but why mess with a good thing, I guess, right?

# 195 Shakedowncapo @ 02/22/11 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_b
it was a necessary statement.

do you want SCEA to pack their bags and go home?? It may happen, if those type of baseless posts continue to dominate this board.

_
Its like people who boo at a sporting event...Yea, you hear them but its only a tiny section that's doing it and they don't represent the majority! I don't see this dev team running off, but if they did it would be pretty pathetic on SCEA's end that a tiny faction could do such a thing.

# 196 nemesis04 @ 02/22/11 03:37 PM
Unfortunately you do not see much presentation in these clips when they are racing through. Sho motion got tuned up a little and if I recall Karros does all the strike out, pitch by pitch recaps as well.

# 197 Visionsofmastery @ 02/22/11 03:44 PM
free swing much lol

# 198 Qb @ 02/22/11 03:47 PM
While I appreciate the relative civility of the discussion, let's keep it on topic. No more griping about the griping about the griping about the griping, please. Thanks.

# 199 myghty @ 02/22/11 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
My argument (and my stance on it) is because they don't do it in real life until the pitcher winds up or comes set.
Yeah I see your point. I stand corrected.

# 200 skinfan31 @ 02/22/11 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis72
Good post! The game looks and plays amazing. The only reason the other version of baseball thats out there seems to be making significant differences is because it is not very good and has a long way to go. The show is already the greatest sports game made so of course they will not be making huge changes every year. I'm no developer and have no clue what it consist of but I'm sure the changes they make while they might not look like a lot probably take a lot of time to develope to give us such a great game with a lot less bugs than other companies.
I couldn't agree with you more.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.