Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Mauer Mondays continue at Gamestop with another MLB 11 The Show video. This one is a gameplay clip between the St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 wrigleyville33 @ 02/21/11 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I know I didn't even know it was Wrigley.

Spoiler
Yeah we are in the 21st century with technology... A company wanting 60 dollars should be able to make an authentic replica of one of the best baseball parks in the universe. Instead, they pushed it aside. At least the camera looks good, Ramirez looks good, and the lighting seems good... other than that my eye doesn't see much of an upgrade from '10.

# 42 McCannFann @ 02/21/11 08:07 PM
I can't tell you how happy I am to see that the outfielders don't press up against the wall any time they get remotely close to it! That's got to be the bane of my MLB-playing existence!

# 43 Shakedowncapo @ 02/21/11 08:08 PM
Pujols is known for switching his stance? Are you kidding me? If anything, people talk about how consistent he keeps it. It's still way off how he holds his bat, regardless. I understand you're good with stances but don't call someone out for being flat wrong when they really aren't.

# 44 strut24 @ 02/21/11 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
The player models don't look much improved. Byrd and Pena still look like linebackers....
However, the lighting and physics are better. Looking forward to getting the game.
Byrd must've taken one too many trips to Mr. Conte's office, huh? I think the player models are MUCH better than last year but to each their own

# 45 strut24 @ 02/21/11 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Pujols is known for switching his stance? Are you kidding me? If anything, people talk about how consistent he keeps it. It's still way off how he holds his bat, regardless. I understand you're good with stances but don't call someone out for being flat wrong when they really aren't.
he has switched his hand placement quite a bit over the years

ps - man there are some really crappy videos of him on youtube, otherwise I'd post you some changes in his stance/hand placement. check out his homer off Lidge in 05 vs any video you can find of him last year. He is way more crouched in 05 and the bat is further behind his ear vs. last year he is still crouched but not as much and the bat is a further out over the plate

# 46 Cubfan @ 02/21/11 08:15 PM
I loved the ending of the video. I hope SCEA can find a new way to do commentary it just doesn't flow at all. The player models are much inproved. Wrigley Field is looking good.

# 47 Doormat @ 02/21/11 08:18 PM
Finally finished watching the video and a few things I noticed (Positive/Negative)

Starting with the negatives -
- Karros... then again he's knew so it'll take some time. When he talks it really sounds like he's using a tape recorder and not "talking" to the rest of the crew
- The editing in this video...come on I want some RAW footage
- Is THAT the ticker they were talking about this whole time? Looks the same as last year's

Positives -
- Lighting looks AMAZING
- Player models are realistic along with the new batting stances such as Pena
- New commentary like the one where Pujols gets lined out
- LOVE the new color scheme on the guess pitch and the lineup card and the scoreboard thing on the top

Can't wait to try out the Demo but I need my PS3 asap.. it may feel like '10 but it sure does look BETTER (which was close to it but by maybe 5%)

# 48 sandmac @ 02/21/11 08:21 PM
Guys, enough with the Pujols scrutiny...

# 49 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/21/11 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
Yeah we are in the 21st century with technology... A company wanting 60 dollars should be able to make an authentic replica of one of the best baseball parks in the universe. Instead, they pushed it aside. At least the camera looks good, Ramirez looks good, and the lighting seems good... other than that my eye doesn't see much of an upgrade from '10.
I told you guys back at the CE on here that some stadiums like Wrigley, would not get it's completed structural changes till next year. That we got some cosmetic fixes like the concrete, etc.

Now people are getting rowdy and making noise? As if this was not expected?

And then some saying the gameplay is the same from this poorly edited video? Get over yourselves, seriously. Your loss then people. This game has taken the biggest leap in the series yet with not only the graphics, but fielding (gameplay).

Good grief.

# 50 Doormat @ 02/21/11 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I told you guys back at the CE on here that some stadiums like Wrigley, would not get it's completed structural changes till next year. That was got some cosmetic like the concrete, etc.

Now people are getting rowdy and making noise?

And then some saying the gameplay is the same from this poorly edited video? Get over yourselves, seriously. Your loss then people. This game has taken the biggest leap in the series yet.

Good grief.
Thank YOU :/

# 51 skinfan31 @ 02/21/11 08:26 PM
Way too much negativity on this thread........ I agree that the commentary is stale, but it was an edited clip of the game. The SHOW is by far and away the best baseball game ever created. In my opinion, it's the best sports game of all time. Be appreciative for the enjoyment it brings people; they can't re-invent the game year after year. The lighting and physics are far improved, lets just hope next year that the commentary falls in line with those improvements.

# 52 Gagnon39 @ 02/21/11 08:26 PM
I'm a little surprised at the negativity about this video. I though it looked great. Can't wait.

# 53 Heroesandvillains @ 02/21/11 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsGamer5
I'm sorry, but this is something I'm passionate about. Come on, he's the best player in baseball!!! They can't take out 10 minutes for his stance when they can give new stances to guys like Angel Pagan???
That's fine man. Debate away. But please, for those of us that want to talk about the video, could you please start a Pujols thread?

Please?

# 54 strut24 @ 02/21/11 08:27 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry, but this is something I'm passionate about. Come on, he's the best player in baseball!!! They can't take out 10 minutes for his stance when they can give new stances to guys like Angel Pagan???
to be fair, they did change his stance, it just doesn't happen to be as perfect as you want it to be so it's not like the didn't take the time and it's also not like it only takes 10 min.

# 55 countryboy @ 02/21/11 08:29 PM
can we please move the batting stance discussion to this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...batting+stance

# 56 Clarke_311 @ 02/21/11 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I'm a little surprised at the negativity about this video. I though it looked great. Can't wait.
This, I was pretty impressed with the video personally.

# 57 Doormat @ 02/21/11 08:30 PM
Quote:
No offense dude but first it's a stance...2nd it can be patched if they have the time to do so. But just to tell you they did tweak it a little, and it doesn't take 10 minutes most likely 1-2 hours since they have to look around a lot of sources (pictures,videos) and get it right

# 58 MrOldboy @ 02/21/11 08:32 PM
man they gotta work on getting the batting stances and swing animations right, one of my biggest pet peeves with the show series is the lack of accuracy when it comes to the players actual stances. Its funny we always end up using different stances for the batters in our edited rosters since we dont think they look right. Although they usually get the big guys right like Pujols, not really bad on his stance, except he swings like every other player.

Makes me look back on MVP baseball, I remember different hitters actually swing different. Was a big deal to me when Ichiro actually lifted his leg semi-correctly and ran towards first, small tough but caught my attention. I thought thats how they would do it after that even when the MVP series died, but sadly no. They even let you chose the angle the breaking balls moved. What happened?

Anyways the game looks great for what it is, a video game.

# 59 abjsuperstar @ 02/21/11 08:34 PM
i would like to see catchers view on this video..

# 60 K_GUN @ 02/21/11 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
that is the WORST!!!! video I have ever seen. There is nothing good about that video, nothing.
just think..next year he'll be in a cubs uniform..THAT would be the worst for you...LOL

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.