Home
Top Spin 4 News Post

Samit Sarkar, over at Destructoid, has posted his second Top Spin 4 preview. This one covering player creator, career and more.

Quote:
"2K Czech has also restructured the Career mode itself. The interface has been revamped; the home screen displays rankings, in-game news, and your next objectives. You’ll still be playing through amateur and pro tournaments, but there’s now more variety thanks to unranked preparation events (such as training exercises, special events, and exhibition matches with alternate rules). In addition, you can go for objectives like the series rankings. Each offers a selection of related tournaments (hardcourt, grass, Europe, etc.), and you get XP for doing well.

World Tour, which is the Top Spin franchise’s online career mode, will now refresh with a new “season” each week. The tournament rankings are reset every seven days, but overall rankings will persist. Online tourneys are single-elimination affairs, and 2K has promised improved matchmaking in general to keep you playing against foes who are at a similar skill level."

Game: Top Spin 4Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 8 - View All
Top Spin 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 The Bimmer @ 02/21/11 07:31 PM
Exactly what I wanted to read. Bravo!

# 2 R9NALD9 @ 02/22/11 01:35 AM
Can't wait for this!

# 3 rangerrick012 @ 02/22/11 02:04 AM
That sounds incredible. Hopefully it lives up to the expectations, was feeling a bit reserved about the game the past few wks, but reading that definitely got my interests piqued again.

# 4 ocho cuatro @ 02/22/11 10:46 AM
Great preview.

But they still haven't mentioned whether we can change the number of games/set in career mode, have they?

# 5 Splitter77 @ 02/22/11 12:47 PM
hopefully there are more than 25 players in the rankings?
If career mode doesnt consist of at least 100 computer generated names and play styles, I wont be getting this.

# 6 wildinkc @ 02/23/11 03:49 AM
I have been keeping a close eye on this game. I like what I have been reading so far.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.