Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 acts238shaun @ 02/22/11 05:58 PM
Ok, the tendency sliders and the punch styles (Tyson, Chavez, etc.) make this possibly the best I will play as long as the sliders work well on gameplay.

# 2 SteelerSpartan @ 02/22/11 06:32 PM
eh

On the one hand Im really happy about the Tendency Sliders (Given that they work, which isn't a sure thing in EA Games...see madden/NCAA Penalty Sliders)

Notes to Team Brizzo:

**Give us the ability to edit Punch and Block Style of Licensed Boxers.......I know you guys didn't mo cap a sig style for evryone so we should be able to change the generic ones you gave to licensed fighters if we think you screwed up.....see Roy Jones Jr Block style

**Make the sliders Work Not just in CAB but Gameplay sliders as well!!!Making only a few clicks in either direction should be VERY noticeable during gameplay......or in other words make the Sliders Powerful

But GameFace being the same(With sliders affecting other sliders) and not having the ability to create a fighter from scratch are glaring omissions that everybody complained about from Day 1 of FNR 4

And don't even get me started on the lack of a Trunks/Robe Editor.......such wasted potential there

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/4520780.page
^^See this thread for my thoughts on what more they can do in that area

Unless they plan on giving us a ton of free new gear through DLC.....I can see myself getting bored rather quickly changing stripe colors around just like I did in R4

Overall I can't help but feel disappointed......but if they do the things I put in bold then I might be able to cope

# 3 SHAKYR @ 02/22/11 07:45 PM
Let's see how much of my tendencies sliders they added first before we get too happy. I disappointed in everything else with the CAB Mode.

# 4 The Visualizer @ 02/22/11 08:41 PM
Pretty excited that the tendency sliders made it into the game, hopefully they work as they should, might make fighting the CPU worthwhile.

# 5 Vast @ 02/22/11 08:43 PM
I'm liking the tendencies. There seem to be alot of them. As well as tendencies for punches as well. very nice.

Should add alot of variety to legacy opponents.

# 6 acts238shaun @ 02/23/11 11:52 AM
On the punch styles I saw speed, Paqman, Chavez and Tyson. Anyone know of any others?

I also saw the jab has a rating called "Stiff Jab IV" that has a 19% chance of stopping player movement. I guess a jab at 20 does it at 25%? Great addition regardless. Another punch rating is bell ringer, which produced an extended stun state.

As far as tendencies there seem to be at least six more on that menu that weren't visible unless you dropped down. Wonder what they were.

# 7 allBthere @ 02/23/11 12:05 PM
the sliders I may put everyone's clinch rating close to max. I saw it's either counter puncher or aggressive. there's no 'economical'.
I would consider Pavlik aggressive, but not in this game's sense. He's plodding and constantly moving forward, but doesn't just keep throwing like in the demo.

some people will have to be 'outside' bumped...like even in the demo I think pac is inside too much.

# 8 acts238shaun @ 02/23/11 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
the sliders I may put everyone's clinch rating close to max. I saw it's either counter puncher or aggressive. there's no 'economical'.
I would consider Pavlik aggressive, but not in this game's sense. He's plodding and constantly moving forward, but doesn't just keep throwing like in the demo.

some people will have to be 'outside' bumped...like even in the demo I think pac is inside too much.
You could also move his punch slider more to one punch than combinations. That would help.

# 9 xtremeknowledge14 @ 02/23/11 03:29 PM
YOU CAN'T EDIT LICENSED BOXER FIGHTING STYLES IN FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION?

# 10 fistofrage @ 02/23/11 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeknowledge14
YOU CAN'T EDIT LICENSED BOXER FIGHTING STYLES IN FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION?
Why are you screaming a question?

This looks promising but we'll have to wait and see. If the Champion mode is only 4 hours long, there better be some significant upgrades to the create a boxer options and legacy depth. They've had 2 years to concentrate on this.

# 11 acts238shaun @ 02/23/11 10:46 PM
Per EA chat liscened fighters can have their styles changed, i.e. Ali can be given the peek a boo stance.

# 12 JayBee74 @ 02/23/11 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
Per EA chat liscened fighters can have their styles changed, i.e. Ali can be given the peek a boo stance.
To bad we couldn't rename him "Floyd Ali" or "Cassius Patterson".

# 13 acts238shaun @ 02/24/11 07:37 AM
Good one! I wonder why it worked so well for Tyson but not Patterson. Power and chin are my guess.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.