Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

EA Sports MMA patch #2 arrives tomorrow, check out some of the details below.

Quote:
"We are happy to announce that a new patch has passed testing, and is scheduled to go live tomorrow. The items that have been patched include:
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when editing multiple fighters in Create a Fighter
  • Updates to the Live Broadcast tools to improve stability.
  • Fixed Stamina exploit bug during Arm submission battles.
  • Fighters created using Create a Fighter Attribute Cap exploit can no longer be used online.
The game team is still exploring, investigating and testing other items that you have brought to our attention in regards to gameplay tuning for a potential future “hot fix”. We appreciate everyone’s feedback and encourage everyone to continue sending in your comments and concerns. We should have some news on this very shortly."

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 KidShowtime @ 02/22/11 03:26 PM
Great news!

# 2 ManiacMatt1782 @ 02/22/11 03:29 PM
So when are they fixing the animation glitch that makes hook spam possible.

# 3 CaptainZombie @ 02/22/11 03:44 PM
WOW! I did not even expect another patch, very nice, albeit it being on the lighter side of things.

# 4 KidShowtime @ 02/22/11 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
So when are they fixing the animation glitch that makes hook spam possible.
I think they're set on fixing the core of the issue, which is the stamina loss from being spammed.

We will have to see when it is released tomorrow.

# 5 Phobia @ 02/22/11 05:13 PM
Wow this is good surprising news. Look forward to trying it out and seeing if they fixed the main issue at hand.............spam!!!!!

I been playing UFC 2010 again and I am enjoying it more than EA MMA soooo lets see if they can get me back

# 6 DavonBrown @ 02/24/11 03:15 PM
What is the caf attribute cap exploit?
How do I do it?
I need to use it to create an accurate Anderson Silva and Georges St. Pierre for offline tournaments.

# 7 daniverson1973 @ 02/25/11 03:46 PM
all of the aforementioned details on the patch, exclude the most impactful aspect of it

thought not officially announced, i believe EA had to truncate a considerable portion of the create-a-fighter feature

basically, you are unable to replicate UFC fighters now, many names, faces, stances, tattoos have been removed from the CAF function, and when you custom name a player thats in the UFC his name will not be announced, in fact they announcer says "player player"

i completely understand the reasoning behind the developers being forced to do this to avoid a lose-lose situation and bigtime lawsuit from ginormous zuffa/ufc/danawhite/etc.

interestly, my main point, is what is indicated as the benefits of the patch are not noticeable to me whatsoever

i have played the game so much that i have become very good online, so i dont notice the "buttonspammers" or "CAF exploiters"
and my game never crashed during creation of a fighter
so i dont get that

anyway, still a great game, just a little disappointing that the once amazing CAF function has been dismantled and scaled back immensely

# 8 sammogard @ 02/25/11 05:16 PM
i can't believe this game hasn't sold more then it has its a ea game usually they out sale anyone

hopefully they do make a second one

i really like this over ufc. ufc was so lame the ground game and lay and pray and clinch were a mess the power punch spam was ********

alteast you can counter hook spam with parry spam and jabs..

# 9 CaptainZombie @ 02/25/11 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniverson1973
all of the aforementioned details on the patch, exclude the most impactful aspect of it

thought not officially announced, i believe EA had to truncate a considerable portion of the create-a-fighter feature

basically, you are unable to replicate UFC fighters now, many names, faces, stances, tattoos have been removed from the CAF function, and when you custom name a player thats in the UFC his name will not be announced, in fact they announcer says "player player"

i completely understand the reasoning behind the developers being forced to do this to avoid a lose-lose situation and bigtime lawsuit from ginormous zuffa/ufc/danawhite/etc.

interestly, my main point, is what is indicated as the benefits of the patch are not noticeable to me whatsoever

i have played the game so much that i have become very good online, so i dont notice the "buttonspammers" or "CAF exploiters"
and my game never crashed during creation of a fighter
so i dont get that

anyway, still a great game, just a little disappointing that the once amazing CAF function has been dismantled and scaled back immensely
Well, this is just plain stupid. There are a few other games that let you match CAP names that get announced in games. Not sure why they took that out as all your doing is creating them, their not supplying you with the actual fighter.

So the guys you made, did they lose any of their faces, etc?

# 10 Gotmadskillzson @ 02/25/11 09:44 PM
Probably took it out from legal pressure from the UFC. Kind of like how the UFC made that Kinect game Caged Fighters change the wording of their game.

# 11 CaptainZombie @ 02/25/11 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Probably took it out from legal pressure from the UFC. Kind of like how the UFC made that Kinect game Caged Fighters change the wording of their game.
All EA is doing is giving the tools for people to create these guys, their not offering templates. I can see what you mean, but it stinks.

# 12 PVarck31 @ 02/26/11 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammogard
i can't believe this game hasn't sold more then it has its a ea game usually they out sale anyone

hopefully they do make a second one

i really like this over ufc. ufc was so lame the ground game and lay and pray and clinch were a mess the power punch spam was ********

alteast you can counter hook spam with parry spam and jabs..
They just got another sale with me. Got it new for $20 at GS. I have rented it a couple times and loved it. So I figured at $20 its a must buy.

I might be wrong but I believe they already confirmed a second game.

# 13 Gotmadskillzson @ 02/26/11 05:28 PM
Yeah they already making a second game because they sold more then they expected to, so Peter Moore said he is going all out in the MMA market.

They going to be rotating this game with the Fight Night game. One will come out one year and the other the following year.

# 14 aholbert32 @ 02/28/11 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
Well, this is just plain stupid. There are a few other games that let you match CAP names that get announced in games. Not sure why they took that out as all your doing is creating them, their not supplying you with the actual fighter.

So the guys you made, did they lose any of their faces, etc?
It probably wasnt the UFC doing this but the individual fighters. The UFC doesnt own the fighters likenesses...they just license them from the fighters.

# 15 bkfount @ 02/28/11 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
It probably wasnt the UFC doing this but the individual fighters. The UFC doesnt own the fighters likenesses...they just license them from the fighters.
it was all the UFC. They take their stuff seriously and even temporarily cut fighters because they wouldn't sign over their rights to a videogame. EA probably caved too easily and went a little overboard with the censorship, even taking out common as hell names like Silva and Sanchez.

EA MMA is a fine game, but it didn't sell that great and won't get another release until 2012. EA would probably love to get the UFC license at some point, so the UFC probably got them to bend over on this easily. There's really nothing legally wrong with what EA had in the game, as UFC Undisputed has the names and nicknames of a number of SF fighters.

# 16 aholbert32 @ 02/28/11 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
it was all the UFC. They take their stuff seriously and even temporarily cut fighters because they wouldn't sign over their rights to a videogame. EA probably caved too easily and went a little overboard with the censorship, but they chose to pick their battles.

EA MMA is a fine game, but it didn't sell that great and won't get another release until 2012. They might as well give in to the UFC's complaints now, and keep the dream alive of ever getting that license down the road.
The UFC wouldnt have the grounds to sue. Each fighter never "signed over their rights" to the UFC. They licensed their rights while they are under contract. If they "signed over their rights" the UFC would own their likeness rights in perpetuity. Both games currently have Arlovski, Werdum, Sylvia and Henderson so its clear that fighters werent signing over their rights.

Each individual fighter does have the right to sue over their likeness and EA was looking at several potential lawsuits from individual fighters. EA didnt want to deal with another likeness lawsuit (They are dealing with one for Madden and one for NCAA). Especially for a game that sold so little.

# 17 TheShizNo1 @ 02/28/11 01:21 PM
Crazy actually seeing EA back down to someone.

# 18 CaptainZombie @ 02/28/11 02:01 PM
I just wish they would have kept the common names in the database and not remove those. Maybe patch #3 will bring some of that stuff back, if we ever get one.

# 19 daniverson1973 @ 02/28/11 10:02 PM
bottom line

they shouldnt have agreed to take the names out

i can somewhat understand some of the faces, stances, and tattoos, but names??? thats ridiculous and pathetic and we all know that, even EA

they mustve had SERIOUS PRESSURE

and obviously kept this very discrete, but heres betting they were on the verge of a huge lawsuit that in this day an age, economy-wise, could not afford to contest, so probably, without any costs (except to us, the consumer) they just had to make agreeable/imperative changes in the patch.

anyway, i still love the game

i actually have both mma games, and still prefer eamma

# 20 speedtrucker @ 03/01/11 03:32 PM
Hey guys I've been trying to find an answer but I can't seem to locate one.

I am looking to buy this game this week and I have a question about the patches.

If I buy the game and create a fighter using say "Hawaiian Prodigy" stance(i just saw this in another thread while searching) before I go online with it but I name him John Doe, after the update will his stance be changed back to a default or something else since it was removed in Patch #2?

I was actually hoping to be able to create my own version of Penn and when I saw Hawaiian Prodigy in the game but removed after Patch #2 I was a little disappointed.

thanks in advance.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.