Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

The MLB 11 The Show demo is available now. It weighs in at roughly 3 GB and features the Texas Rangers vs. the San Francisco Giants, in a 4 inning World Series rematch.

Please post your impressions here.

DO NOT post that you are downloading the demo, what % the download is at, the fact that you are starting to install it, etc.

IMPRESSIONS ONLY please.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Jgainsey @ 02/23/11 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyankees23
Can someone tell me how to hit the cut off man? Thanks. I can't seem to figure it out with analog fielding.
L1 + any direction w/ right stick.

# 162 Bat @ 02/23/11 12:08 AM
Hitting is HARD! I naturally push to the left on the follow through.. So its kinda hard.

Seems you have to over compensate the direction on after swing.

Only played 2 games.. got a couple dink hits..

# 163 mbyankees23 @ 02/23/11 12:09 AM
Thanks, I tried everything.

# 164 Openroad_7 @ 02/23/11 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
It was considered late in the game because of the short game. The CPU adjusted accordingly. Would not worry too much bout it.
That is what I was hoping. Thanks

# 165 zippy2212 @ 02/23/11 12:19 AM
So my impressions are this.....I love it! Plain and simple. Like many have said, to me the game just looks and feels better. AT&T looked great, the fans starting making more noise and getting excited in the top of the 4th as I was winning 2-1 with the Giants. With that said I love that you can mix and match all of the analog settings. I played game 1 as TEX and I left everything on analog. Pitching I love, hitting and fielding I wasn't a fan. More so because I'm not very good at it, not because it isn't a good feature.

Overall I liked Karros and the commentary, he is very dry to listen to but he did give some good insight and lines about each team.

# 166 Blzer @ 02/23/11 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyankees23
Thanks, I tried everything.
Apparently not.

One thing I wanted to emphasize with this year's game is the ball physics against the ground were thankfully toned down. There still isn't separation between grass and dirt bounces, but they've done the right thing by bringing it back down to earth. No more superballs on cement, good deal!

# 167 bcruise @ 02/23/11 12:23 AM
Just heard Dave isn't totally out of the new commentary style - On a ball to force a full count, Matt asks Dave "Well, manager Dave Campbell, what would you do here", to which he answers. Can't remember exactly what he said, but it was something about not giving in.

So Karros is not the only one with his lines tied together to Matt's. Great to hear, even if it's just one short line.

# 168 Rob_NYY @ 02/23/11 12:26 AM
I've played 6 games, and I am loving every part of this game except one thing, the commentary. I like the inclusion of Karros, but he sounds like a disembodied voice. It's like he's communicating through the Force while Matty V. and Campbell are in the booth.

Plus, the commentary just seems so bland and old. I still like Vasgerians voice and I love all the little tidbits of info he gives during the game, but Campbell has grown stale. I would like it if they got rid of Campbell and just start from scratch with Vasgersian and Karros. There is no need for a three man booth, especially when they hardly ever speak with each other.

All of Campbell's lines seem to come on cue. For example, Vasgersian will be doing the play-by-play and after a hit up the middle, there is a long pause of silence until the replay starts, and then Campbell will start talking. It seems too scripted. This commentary was revolutionary in 2006, but times have changed.

The commentary was once one of the bright spots of The Show, now it's a weakness.

Other than that, I have no other concerns. The rest of the demo is awesome!!

# 169 MukaMuka @ 02/23/11 12:27 AM
Overall I really enjoyed the demo, and being able to play as my home team (hint: THE CHAMPS) helps, lol.

I like the analog hitting more than the button hitting. It feels great and I don't see myself going back to button.

On the other hand, I will need some time to get used to this analog pitching. For some reason (and it is possible that I just suck, or my controller is messed up), sometimes when I push the stick to the Upper Left position, the meter would say I am all the way to the Upper Right, and vice versa. I guess I just need to practice more.

Finally, I don't like the analog fielding at all. I don't see what it adds to the game or how it is better than button fielding, and to me, pressing a button to throw on defense just FEELS better than pushing a stick.

# 170 PhillsPhan26 @ 02/23/11 12:28 AM
I like how the game feels, I tryed a hit and run and the batter fouled it off the shortstop/ runner interaction was cool. On a fly ball to the out field, if you do your throw right while throwing home, the ball doesn't seem to be up the line anymore, right to the catcher.

The one thing that I am having a real problem with and I see myself switching back to the old way is with the fielding controls. Dont get me wrong I am going to stick with it the next two weeks and see if I can get the hang of it but if the errors are still up by the time the game drops then I am switching back to button fielding.

All in all the game feels and looks great and I can't wait till the 8th.

# 171 thekingofKC @ 02/23/11 12:32 AM

Here's a problem that I think a lot of people have been mentioning

# 172 econoodle @ 02/23/11 12:32 AM
+ Balks! I had 3. nice addition.

- Commentary Feels Dated & Stilted. Neds better stitching and camaraderie.

+ Analog Pitching. I came for the Analog Fielding. I stayed for the pitching. Wow. Pinpoint or bust for me. Intuitive to say the least.

- Same old cut scenes [Tho I did see one new one, the grounds crew after 3].

+ Less bouncy ball when it hits off the railing. Nice and natural now. Bravo.

+ Lighting, beautful sunset at the T in the demo.

+Love wide offset batter view. with that base and it tiled downward to see the arc of the ball better, thats a view to die for.

more 2 come

# 173 Russell_SCEA @ 02/23/11 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillsPhan26
I like how the game feels, I tryed a hit and run and the batter fouled it off the shortstop/ runner interaction was cool. On a fly ball to the out field, if you do your throw right while throwing home, the ball doesn't seem to be up the line anymore, right to the catcher.

The one thing that I am having a real problem with and I see myself switching back to the old way is with the fielding controls. Dont get me wrong I am going to stick with it the next two weeks and see if I can get the hang of it but if the errors are still up by the time the game drops then I am switching back to button fielding.

All in all the game feels and looks great and I can't wait till the 8th.

Swallow your pride and drop the difficulty down to rookie until you get the hang of it. Or pump it up to Legend and be completely humbled into submission.

# 174 lenny819 @ 02/23/11 12:35 AM
Well I'm getting over the fact that it doesnt look as good on SD. (still looks pretty awesome though)

But can anyone help me, Not sure if it's been answered and wasnt about to read through a million posts. Any advice for throwing to fielders lol. I swear I overthrow it everytime. I've been playing the ****ty 2ks on xbox and the show on ps2, which are different, so cheers if you can help me without being an ***.

# 175 nemesis04 @ 02/23/11 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny819
Well I'm getting over the fact that it doesnt look as good on SD. (still looks pretty awesome though)

But can anyone help me, Not sure if it's been answered and wasnt about to read through a million posts. Any advice for throwing to fielders lol. I swear I overthrow it everytime. I've been playing the ****ty 2ks on xbox and the show on ps2, which are different, so cheers if you can help me without being an ***.
What level do you have analog throwing on?

# 176 JJT @ 02/23/11 12:37 AM
That video I didnt want to see, hope doesnt happen alot but shouldnt happen at all

# 177 hitstreak13 @ 02/23/11 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofKC

Here's a problem that I think a lot of people have been mentioning
Whoa, hopefully thats fixed. Thats a pretty big glitch right there.

# 178 wrigleyville33 @ 02/23/11 12:41 AM
analogue is fun... love the catchers cams. It feels too much like '10 to me though. The new controls are the thing to use, but the rest of the game doesn't seem to have much freshness. Same old animations, same equipment. The graphics didn't even look that great.

# 179 ksig24 @ 02/23/11 12:48 AM
Quick question....how long did it take to DL the demo? Anyone know of a way to check and see if my ports on my PS3 are open?

# 180 lenny819 @ 02/23/11 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
What level do you have analog throwing on?
idk what u mean, I just play on demo settings

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.